Negating speckles

Hi, I am quite new with using the the DAZ Studio and I am currently trying to get good lighting setups for different renders. The render I am working on now has a very deep shadow and little light. The problem I have with that setting is that in the shadow parts I have a lot of light speckles that messes up the render, see image (click to enlarge):

I tried for some time to get rid of it with different settings, but they are still there. Only way I could get rid of it is by adding more light and less shadows, but thats not what I want for this render setup. Does anyone have a tip to reduce or get completely rid of the speckles with those settings or do I have to use photoshop to edit them out?

Comments

• ramon73 said:

Hi, I am quite new with using the the DAZ Studio and I am currently trying to get good lighting setups for different renders. The render I am working on now has a very deep shadow and little light. The problem I have with that setting is that in the shadow parts I have a lot of light speckles that messes up the render, see image (click to enlarge):

I tried for some time to get rid of it with different settings, but they are still there. Only way I could get rid of it is by adding more light and less shadows, but thats not what I want for this render setup. Does anyone have a tip to reduce or get completely rid of the speckles with those settings or do I have to use photoshop to edit them out?

1. On my laptop I don't too many speckles but I'll hazard a guess that maybe in the Render Settings - optimization - select either memory or speed. Auto tends to make more specs

If there is an object possibly reflecting light - on the surface tab look for gloss, metallics, reflections, etc. and zap 'em.

• That made no difference at my end unfortunately. I guess I will make the render lighter and after that make it darker again in photoshop till I find a solution.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Go to Render Settings/Filtering/ Enable Firefly and turn the Nominal Luminance to 100. I turn this up and down as needed usually keeping it at 15oo as my default.