Working with multiple sources

Let's say I wanted to build a scene with a room I created on Virtual Architect, some Victorian stairway components I extruded in Blender, and some carved bits I found on a CNC site...
What's the best way to put all this together?

OBJ seems to be a format all those sources can work with, but is there a better way?

And then there is the question of scaling
In Virtual Architect, I know this piece is exactly 6-1/2" long, but how do I set it up to preserve that sense of scale in Daz Studio?

Comments

• Daz Studio takes one unit as 1 cm, so any OBJ import will need scaling relative to that (e.g. if your application uses the meter as its base unit, which many do, then you will need to scale by a factor 100, which is 10,000%). Once you know the scale to use and the axis system you can set the options in the import dialogue and save them as a preset for future use.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Assemble everything that's one piece in Blender and export in obj format. You can save the individual pieces as scene subsets inside Daz Studio to put them together in any other scene file.

Units in Daz are in centimeters. Blender units are in meters. So you need to scale up/down by 100x when bringing assets between them.