3Delight??

I'm very new to Daz3d, please pardon my ignorance.  I just bought a product and it says, "These shaders are designed for use in 3Delight renders only."
I have no idea what exactly that means.  I am assuming that I can use that as an environment to place models into in Daz3D because it was sold on the Daz3d store.  What exactly is a 3Delight render?  Did I screw up buying this?  Admittedly, I'm a dumb ass for not reading that first, I went "Ooo pretty, I want to put a character in that."

It's this product: https://www.daz3d.com/winter-terrains-for-daz-studio

Comments

• Daz Studio has two full render engines, as well as the ability to use Viewport Drawstyles. The older one is 3Delight, which is not physically-based (it allows all sorts of things thata r not physically possible, such as having lights dimming with distance on something other than the inverse square law) and it is CPU only. Iray is newer and the current default, it is physically based which means there are non-realistic things it can't do but it can do a really good job of things like glass and metals - it does use the GPU, if it's an nVidia model of a recent enough generation with enough memory for the scene. Daz Studio can convert the default 3Delight surface shaders to iray with a considerable degree of success but it can't handle custom 3Delight shaders like those. Daz Studio does not haev a way to convert Iray material to 3Delight, though there are add-ons which will try for the default shader.

If you don't want to get involved in learning about a new rendering system you may well be better off asking for a refund on those shaders, though 3Delight certainly has its strengths

• Okay, thank you man, I appreciate it.