Daz Studio 4.16: ALL THE CRASHING. Where can I DL 4.15...?

Friends,

I updated to 4.16 this afternoon (on my Nvidia-driven Asus, running Windows 10) and am now deeply regretting it, as 4.16 plainly has serious problems with some aspects of Iray. To paraphrase Pratchett, "I can't be having with this": I've got too much work to do right now.

Can anyone point me at a DL link for 4.15? Or just a method for finding/installing it via Install Manager?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards (while wandering off gently tearing the hair),

Seriously Frustrated In West Wicklow

Comments

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

You can't; if you're extremely lucky you can request a copy by writing a ticket, but if you do get one then back up your install files, which includes the general release and the beta!

I actually got a lot of flak for even suggesting that people back up their install files, because I saw too many threads and complaints about not being able to download them, which you can't; so back up your install files, they are located in the downloads folder within DIM!

• Which 4.16 - the General Release (4.16.0.3) or the Public Build (4.16.1.2)?

• edited November 2021

takezo_3001 said:

You can't; if you're extremely lucky you can request a copy by writing a ticket, but if you do get one then back up your install files, which includes the general release and the beta!

I actually got a lot of flak for even suggesting that people back up their install files, because I saw too many threads and complaints about not being able to download them, which you can't; so back up your install files, they are located in the downloads folder within DIM!

Many thanks -- that's much appreciated. (I dug around a little just now in my graphics machine and am running a version of 4.10 just now, for my sins.) :/  (ETA NOV 30: Found the DIM directory where the earlier versions are installed: unpacked the .zip of 4.15, created a shortcut from that, am now running it with no trouble.) ...We'll see if the situation improves at all in days to come. But I use a lot of custom shaders and tweaked files to which installs previous to 4.16 never objected. I decline to change my ways just because a new version of the platform is cutting up cranky.

...Anyway, many thanks. :) --DD

Post edited by diane.duane_e7fa2315d1 on
  • edited November 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Which 4.16 - the General Release (4.16.0.3) or the Public Build (4.16.1.2)?

You know, I confess that at the moment (as it's late for me) I haven't the slightest damn idea. It was sitting there in Install Manager, I looked at it and muttered "WTH..." and installed it. Bad move, as it turns out.

I'll have a look at this in the AM. Thanks for alerting me to the difference. :)

ETA, Nov. 30 AM:: The version I installed was 4.16.0.3.

Best! -- DD

Post edited by diane.duane_e7fa2315d1 on
  • ALWAYS download manually and keep your downloads saved.

I have everything, I've ever downloaded from DAZ since 2004, stored on CDs or external hard drives. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 468
    edited December 2021

Masterstroke said:

ALWAYS download manually and keep your downloads saved.

I have everything, I've ever downloaded from DAZ since 2004, stored on CDs or external hard drives. 

Same here.  Download and save. 

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

jjoyner said:

Masterstroke said:

ALWAYS download manually and keep your downloads saved.

Same here.  Download and save. 

Ditto....and save a copy of the plugins as well 

• despite the flaws and issues Daz does one thing really well... it doesn't care where it is. 
    So before updating just drag your current daz3d folder to another drive....  create a shortcut and you can still use it... 
    (save your installer before downloading the new one but at least copy the program folder) 
    ---
    >>>>>>>>>> this is not anti-Daz..... 
    this is computer common sense, I do it with every program I upgrade. 
    Even with the beta system unless all of us use the beta instead of the regular version it's not being tested on all machines. 
    415 seems to be doing well and I will have it available as a backup if the new one doesn't play nicely with my server 2019 build*. 
    ---
    cough, cough, sorry Richard, 415 is running nicely even when I open a couple instances of 412 to tweak details... 
    And while I'm not going to second guess the issues with not running two.. I'll bet the folks who had the issues were lower level users with lower level computer. 
    Daz seems to play nicely with itself when it has two processors and 64g of ddr4 to play with. 
    ---
    *why server ... when it was necessary to go to win 10 ... despite the fact win 10 supports dual processors.. it doesn't not do it on my machine ... three weeks of hell before I got the server version which went in smoothly and happily the first time.