Victoria 8 comes with clones for Genesis, G2, G3. Where are they?

Promo notes for Victoria 8 underline that backward compatibility: 

• Includes clones for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 content even between male and female figures

Would someone please be good enough to tell me how these clones can be accessed and applied?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

It's not Victoria 8 but Genesis 8 that comes with the clones, and they're for autofitting clothing. Apply clothing for G8 male, or Genesis, G2 or G3, and the autofit dialogue will pop up.

• contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 231
    edited November 2021

Up with this, I will not put! Clone is not autofit! And Victoria 8 was obviously intended as an advancement to Genesis 8 Female.

Victoria 8 Details.jpg
    1198 x 303 - 88K
    Post edited by contedesfees on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    edited November 2021

Clones are how autofit works, and that text appears on every other G8 figure's product page. Here it is on the more recent Babina's page, for example:

Victoria is not an advancement on G8F, just a character for it, as with every other core figure. There's nothing special about Victoria compared to other G8F core figures, nor, really, even to base G8F, apart from better textures.

clones.PNG
    746 x 118 - 15K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • They would not be suitable for animating or much for posing even, but the clones would be listed under Hidden on the Parameters Tab. They could be dialed in to give that shape to the figure. I would recommend posing V8 first though. As everyone has been indicating, these clones are intended for the auto-fit feature of D/S - to enable clothing from previous figures to fit G8 [and any of its characters such as V8].

As a side note, if wanting to fit clothing with sleeves and pant legs, I would recommend my free auto-fit clones - or there are products for sale in the store too to help with the conversions.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

contedesfees said:

Up with this, I will not put! Clone is not autofit! 

Clones are a special type of morph used for autofit.
    If you expected morphs to make Genesis 8 look like previous Genesis bases then that’s not what a clone morph is.

• I stand corrected. Thanks to one and all. I certainly did expect clones to be exactly what the word suggests: a morph that is applied to a given character so that clothing meant for the morph can be used on the character. DAZ3D is in need of a documenation department.

• contedesfees said:

DAZ3D is in need of a documenation department.

+1

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

contedesfees said:

Up with this, I will not put! Clone is not autofit! And Victoria 8 was obviously intended as an advancement to Genesis 8 Female.

Obvious to whom?

All characters including Victoria 8 are created as a morph, using G8F as their base; textures tend to be included in these - although morph only character packs do exist.

The clones are used (as explained) for autofit; they can be accessed by making hidden morphs visible; they aren't suitable for most actions other than autofit as there are no corrective morphs with these basic shape morphs.