Anyone have use for an old-style hypo syringe?

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
edited November 2021 in Freebies

If so, I'll drop it in my ShareCG freebies tomorrow.

Old Style Syringe.png
1000 x 1000 - 629K
Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• That would be useful. With one in the library I'd think of a use for it.

Regards,

Richard

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

It looks great :)

• Cool! I am sure that I can find a use for this.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Aaaarrrrghh!. I just had a flashback to my old dentist's office when I was a kid. He used a needle like that to administer the freezing and it used to scare the crap out of me! laugh I'm sure that I can find a use for it in any evil dentist/doctor/mad scientist horror render I make.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,091

Looks like it is well modelled, would be useful. :)

• Oooowww yes! Please. Very, very useful...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

That's really good looking, and accurate too. Great work!

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232

Looks great. I like to get it.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited November 2021

Ok then, I'll pack it up and put it on the ShareCG page later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

The plunger plunges and the liquid morphs down, but they're two separate operations (plunger is translation and liquid is a morph). The prop loads with the hand pose in G8M's right hand. It's a wearable preset composed of the plunger parented to the barrel in a group. I'll post here when I have it up. Cross your fingers I do it right the first time....been awhile since I've done and put up a freebie. LOL

It's up:

https://sharecg.com/v/98467/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Old-Style-Syringe

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

AllenArt said:

Ok then, I'll pack it up and put it on the ShareCG page later tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

The plunger plunges and the liquid morphs down, but they're two separate operations (plunger is translation and liquid is a morph). The prop loads with the hand pose in G8M's right hand. It's a wearable preset composed of the plunger parented to the barrel in a group. I'll post here when I have it up. Cross your fingers I do it right the first time....been awhile since I've done and put up a freebie. LOL

It's up:

just saw this on newest stuff on sharecg, remembered there was a thread title about it here... it looks absolutely awesome, great ornamented design! such neat precise beautiful work! you never stop surpassing yourself ^^

now a question: you mentioned DS 4.16, i'm still hung on 4.11 - maybe 4.14 soon if i can find a solution with support (lame laptop, need 4.9 also etc) - what happens if someone doesn't use 4.16 (yet.. or ever)? 

manekiNeko said:

AllenArt said:

It's up:

just saw this on newest stuff on sharecg, remembered there was a thread title about it here... it looks absolutely awesome, great ornamented design! such neat precise beautiful work! you never stop surpassing yourself ^^

now a question: you mentioned DS 4.16, i'm still hung on 4.11 - maybe 4.14 soon if i can find a solution with support (lame laptop, need 4.9 also etc) - what happens if someone doesn't use 4.16 (yet.. or ever)? 

The shaders are nothing special. Nothing that 4.14 certainly didn't have, tho I have no idea if anything was changed with them behind the scenes. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you, I just had to put 4.16+ on there because that's what I set it up in and haven't tested it in any other version ;). Let us know if it works for ya! :) 

• You are very kind, thank you. Your jewellery props are ones I have in the scene subset loads of my most used characters, wouldn't want to be without them. Much appreciated.

richardandtracy said:

You are very kind, thank you. Your jewellery props are ones I have in the scene subset loads of my most used characters, wouldn't want to be without them. Much appreciated.

Aww, that's nice to hear, always. :)

Stay tuned. There's a sorta-Christmas-y set of earrings coming up soon. I just have to put the finishing touches on them and I'm lazy. LOL laugh

edited November 2021

One note on the syringe: I thought before I saved it that I'd added sub-d to the prop, but I apparently had not. If you want to render it up close, you might want to add 1 level of sub-d. That should be sufficient, otherwise it might look a little jaggy and/or lumpy ;). Farther away, you probably won't notice.

• Thank you very much. Not sure where I'll use it, but I expect I'll find something.

As a side note, thanks for all the freebies you've done over the years, especially for the shaders (Iuse them alot).

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

AllenArt said:

manekiNeko said:

AllenArt said:

It's up:

The shaders are nothing special. Nothing that 4.14 certainly didn't have, tho I have no idea if anything was changed with them behind the scenes. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you, I just had to put 4.16+ on there because that's what I set it up in and haven't tested it in any other version ;). Let us know if it works for ya! :) 

works like a charm! shaders, morphs, all. thanks a lot ^^

and now, i feel so eeeeevil * said with Vile's voice (Reincarnation flash game) *

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited December 2021

Just saw a new product being advance warned in the 'Commercial' forum, 'Mad Scientist', and my first thought was the promo image would be much better with your hyperdemic nurdle than the one that's there.

ETA: Oh. I see. It was that one that inspired you to create it. Maybe you could offer it to the PA? It's so much better.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

this looks fantastic!  Thank you!

richardandtracy said:

Just saw a new product being advance warned in the 'Commercial' forum, 'Mad Scientist', and my first thought was the promo image would be much better with your hyperdemic nurdle than the one that's there.

ETA: Oh. I see. It was that one that inspired you to create it. Maybe you could offer it to the PA? It's so much better.

I'm SURE the PA can do better than I can...lol. Besides, I have no idea if that hypo comes with the morph or not ;). I have no idea where it's from. LOL 

Sky77 said:

this looks fantastic!  Thank you!

You're welcome :) 

• This looks great, thanks bunches for it.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,402
    edited December 2021

I grabbed it off Rendo. Thanks for sharing. It does look pretty cool! :)

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

I grabbed it off Rendo. Thanks for sharing. It does look pretty cool! :)

• And the modern version too. Impressive.
  • Really nice, any chance of a bigger fatter needle, add-on, for those 'i really what to scare you moments'.

• AllenArt said:

If so, I'll drop it in my ShareCG freebies tomorrow.

Thank you very much! Your syringe freebie is really great! I used it here: