Section Plane outside the room and a mirror inside the room... is not working for me

(Edit: Okay, the section plane is actually just inside the room, its the camera that is outside the room.)

I have a room where I need to place a camera outside a particular wall of the room, but I have a mirror on the opposite wall inside the room, where the nearer wall is visible in it.  Basically I'm trying to do what is described in this thread here.  I'm pretty sure I've done this before, and it worked, bit now it refuses to work for me, at least when I've set the viewport to Iray view.  I can turn Clip Lights on and off in the paramaters of the section plane, and it cases the room to go darker or lighter (that is, it stops the light from coming through the wall, or lets it through freely) and if I'm reading that thread right, this Clip Lights setting should also make the wall visible from the opposite side of the secton plane... but when I turn the viewport angle around to look from the direction the mirror is seeing the wall from... the wall disappears from that direction too.

Am I missing something?  0o

Did this feature break in Daz Studio since I last used it?

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Comments

• Is the wall actually going to be lit? It may draw but appear black in reflection.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2021

The mirror in iray viewport is simply showing empty air...and when I cam inside the room and look back towards the wall, the wall disappears from view. That is, when I look towards the room from outside, the wall is invisible, when I view out from inside the room, the wall is invisible.  Either I'm doing something incorrectly, or something is broken in Daz.  0o

EDIT:  Nevermind, I think I've figured out what is going whoopsie with this:  Seems the wall that the section plane is meant to be hiding has a great big window in it... and the mirror is pointing right through the middle of that. surprise

(Unhides some of the other scenery attached to that wall... such as the curtains...)

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • The section plane works from whichever side you view, so the wall would be hidden from direct view regardless. Anyway, glad you have it sorted now.