Need Help Finding this Prop

Hello,

I've been trying to find this desk prop for the last couple of weeks to no luck so I'm posting it here.  Does anyone reconise this desk prop?

bb-events_28-maid-3.jpg
742 x 415 - 87K
bb-events_villa-max-laptop-1b.jpg
955 x 591 - 234K

Comments

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

What have you tried so far?

When I can't remember where a model came from, first thing I do is find the model in my CMS library and alt-click on the icon for it to get the pop-up menu, select "Browse to File location" to get the actual file name for the model and other clues.

Caution: clicking on that menu item will open a new window in the Windows operating system, but that new window will remain behind your Daz Studio session window, making you wonder whether the command worked.

Anyway, with that file name, you can do a web search for that file name. And that might reveal where the model came from. Also, the path to the model's file might contain the vendor's name, which can also be put in the web search.

• It's not my image, I've been using the images to try and identify the prop

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Is it that particular desk you are after, or just one similar?

I mean, there are lots of desks in the store.

• In all honesty I would like to find the actual desk prop

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Where did you see/find the original image?

From the looks of the file name, I'm wondering if that might not be a real physical desk somewhere. The laptop in the second image is using a real Windows desktop image, for example.

Beyond that, it could easily be the desk from https://www.daz3d.com/fg-office-props with black and chrome metal shaders used to change the color of the surfaces, and the image reversed to change the location of the drawers. It could also be one of the desks from https://www.daz3d.com/fg-police-station, again with black and chrome metal shaders used.

The desk is a bit too generic to be easily identified without more information, I fear.

• It's from a game called Glamour.  They are both the same desk & I know the creator uses Daz to create his renders, but he hardly ever replies to messages & I know the laptop screen is a custom texture

• xstanxstan Posts: 37

TruForm's 'Home Office' on Renderosity has a very, very similar desk which makes me think yours might be one of his. I looked through his stuff a bit and didn't find it, but you would probably have more patience to look through it than me.

• It wouldn't take long to make a desk like that from resized cube and cylinder primitives.

• chris-2599934 said:

It wouldn't take long to make a desk like that from resized cube and cylinder primitives.

Know anyone that can do it?

This is similar.

desk.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • felis said:

This is similar.

Where did you find that one?

marcicollins395 said:

felis said:

This is similar.

I made it.

The render is from Blender.

I will see if I can get it packed as a duf. 

• felis said:

marcicollins395 said:

felis said:

This is similar.

I made it.

The render is from Blender.

I will see if I can get it packed as a duf. 

Thanks for that, I appreciate it

This is how it looks in DS.

Try this.

Desk.png
    1300 x 731 - 2M
    zip
    zip
    Content.zip
  • felis said:

This is how it looks in DS.

Try this.

Thanks for that, I look forward to trying it out.  Out of curiousity do you know how to change a UV map in Blender?

marcicollins395 said:

Thanks for that, I look forward to trying it out.  Out of curiousity do you know how to change a UV map in Blender?

Do you mean how to generate a UV map?

Then yes, everything I model is UV unwrapped.

• felis said:

marcicollins395 said:

Do you mean how to generate a UV map?

Then yes, everything I model is UV unwrapped.

Sent you a PM, check your inbox

marcicollins395 said:

Sent you a PM, check your inbox

Replied. 

• Not exist on DAZ library I think, it is a IMPORT OBJ File....

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The zip contains an unnecessary "Content" folder so if you extracted the whole thing to your contnet library it wont work.  Extract only what is inside the "Content" folder.

felis is awesome for making that.

• jestmart said:

The zip contains an unnecessary "Content" folder so if you extracted the whole thing to your contnet library it wont work.  Extract only what is inside the "Content" folder.

It isn't "unnecessary" - it distinguishes between content and, for example, plug-ins or software.

Lolz. I just found a version of the desk that swaps how poles verses vertical planks are used:

https://www.blendswap.com/blend/27597

• lina2look4lina2look4 Posts: 0

For the love of ...I finally have my Cyberpunk Dark City figured out and I'm able to start with this vison but for the life of me I can not find a simple window for my scenario. A bedroom window is all I need.

Urgggggg! it's like pulling my own teeth out. Aynone, please, just a window...

I'm also have a problem with Cyberpunk Bedroom. I don't like the window  background.  Everytime I try to just delete the background, it deletes the whole set. I know in Poser one can uncheck a part and it hides it, is there a setting in Daz Studio like that?