Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Thanks Llola! Ducky is currently working hard on my wedding render, but it goes slowly. The render just passed 5 hours and 2,2k iterations but the progress bar is still at 0%. But it looks ok so I'll let it render over night and post it tomorrow. And yes we need more happiniess this year!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

isidorn said:

Thanks Llola! Ducky is currently working hard on my wedding render, but it goes slowly. The render just passed 5 hours and 2,2k iterations but the progress bar is still at 0%. But it looks ok so I'll let it render over night and post it tomorrow. And yes we need more happiniess this year!

It's gonna be spectacular... I can feel it!  ;)  (waits patiently til tomorrow) YAY for happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Well, this is as good as this one's going to get.

Shotgun

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

It looks good to me as look as pop's trigger finger doesn't start itching. Very nicely done Gordig.

Gordig said:

Well, this is as good as this one's going to get.

Shotgun

Ha.... I think you and I had the same idea Gordig ... I didn't have a church to use though, so I did mine in the courthouse... Well... it had to be a fast wedding... my girl is preggerzzzzzzzz... lol  I love yours... great expressions... So happy you joined the challenge ... Well done!

I like the term "shotgun wedding". I don't think we have something similar in Swedish. The bride doesn't look very happy, but something that starts bad can only become better, right? wink Well done Gordig!

Ducky is btw still working on my render. After 16 hours I realized the floor I was using looked like water, which made things weird, so I canceled to change that and did some other changes too while I was at it. Having a non-water floor luckily speed up the rendering time, but it has just passed 50 hours now and still need some more time. I never learn to not use sets with lots of reflective surfaces. crying Good thing I started with plenty of time left in the month.

isidorn said:

I like the term "shotgun wedding". I don't think we have something similar in Swedish. The bride doesn't look very happy, but something that starts bad can only become better, right? wink Well done Gordig!

Ducky is btw still working on my render. After 16 hours I realized the floor I was using looked like water, which made things weird, so I canceled to change that and did some other changes too while I was at it. Having a non-water floor luckily speed up the rendering time, but it has just passed 50 hours now and still need some more time. I never learn to not use sets with lots of reflective surfaces. crying Good thing I started with plenty of time left in the month.

The term has been around as long as I remember isidorn... I first saw it in the movie "Rock a bye Baby" with Jerry Lewis. 

You have such patience to wait so long for a render.  Maybe that is why your artwork is so great ;)  btw... I think ducky would have loved the floor with water... lol.  Can't wait to see the result. Plenty of time ;)

edited January 2022

You flatter me Llola. blush But here it finally is. 90% conversion after almost 60 hours have to do. I wouldn't say it's spectacular, but if anyone gets a chuckle out of it or thinks "What in the name of all things yellow and adorable is going on?" then I'm happy.

What happens in Vegas...

WhatHappensInVegas.jpg
    2000 x 2500 - 3M
    Post edited by isidorn on

isidorn said:

You flatter me Llola. blush But here it finally is. 90% conversion after almost 60 hours have to do. I wouldn't say it's spectacular, but if anyone gets a chuckle out of it or thinks "What in the name of all things yellow and adorable is going on?" then I'm happy.

What happens in Vegas...

"Stays in Vegas!!!"  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... well done indeed isidorn ... made me laugh.  Luckily I swallowed my coffee before I peeked... LOL.  Not sure I would have waited 60 hours though... You have the patience of a saint!  btw... It is ok to post a smaller version if you wanna cut down on time.  I only post a size about 1024x1024.  ;)  

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...but but...where is the ducky suit? Nah just kidding, that's a very cool render @isidorn:)) 

Lovely stuff everybody, I've enjoyed your fine work so faryessmiley

Is ducky the witness or just fixated on the wagging tale. Either way very well done.

deeleelaw57 said:

Is ducky the witness or just fixated on the wagging tale. Either way very well done.

(rolls eyes)... lol

deeleelaw57 said:

One does not necessarily exclude the other. laugh

Thanks for the kind words everyone! 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2022

Life is a little busy at the moment, but I finally managed to create a wedding render.

The Wedding

wedding.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

Mollytabby said:

Life is a little busy at the moment, but I finally managed to create a wedding render.

Glad you did! That's a beautiful classsic wedding image. For some reason it made me think of the phrase "speak now or forever hold your peace". Well, I've now spoken. smiley

A very beautiful piece of work Molltabby. Reminds me of when I got married except neither of us looked that good or dressed that well. When the preacher asked me do you take her, my wife to be looked in my eyes, smiled and said I had her permission to speak the last free words I would ever have. 

deeleelaw57 said:

A very beautiful piece of work Molltabby. Reminds me of when I got married except neither of us looked that good or dressed that well. When the preacher asked me do you take her, my wife to be looked in my eyes, smiled and said I had her permission to speak the last free words I would ever have. 

LOL

Mollytabby said:

Sooo touching Mollytabby .. I'm glad you were able to join us this month!  Thanks for sharing.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

deeleelaw57 said:

A very beautiful piece of work Molltabby. Reminds me of when I got married except neither of us looked that good or dressed that well. When the preacher asked me do you take her, my wife to be looked in my eyes, smiled and said I had her permission to speak the last free words I would ever have. L

LOL, love this!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments smiley 

• Been a bit busy. Will try to participate more regularly.

A Wedding Photoshoot

A Wedding Photoshoot

Wedding Photoshoot.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M

BlueCrystal said:

Been a bit busy. Will try to participate more regularly.

A Wedding Photoshoot

Woo hooot... Thanks BlueCrystal... Glad to have you along for my monthly challenge!  Their faces even makes a heart shape.  I love it!

There is a time for puppy love and a time and place for true romance It would appear they found their time and place. Very well done  BlueCrystal.

• BlueCrystalBlueCrystal Posts: 14
    edited January 2022

Thanks for such nice comments LlolaLane and deeleelaw57. I am glad you liked it.

Post edited by BlueCrystal on
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Just married!

The 3d model of the car is Birdman's 1937 Packard Hearse. I ported the model into Daz Studios and updated most of the shaders. Birdman makes his amazing models available for free on ShareCG.

edited January 2022

Zatetic said:

Just married!

The 3d model of the car is Birdman's 1937 Packard Hearse. I ported the model into Daz Studios and updated most of the shaders. Birdman makes his amazing models available for free on ShareCG.

Glad to have you join us this year Zatetic... Wonderful artwork.  Great vehicle... Totally out of the box thinking ... I like it :)

Post edited by Llola Lane on

That is a marriage made by a mad scientist. Very well done Zatetic

Ok gang... January is finished and now it's time for us to put on our GRADUATION caps!  I look forward to seeing what we come up with!!!

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256

many great rendersyes

and March its about the shower you never experienced and it aint madee you cleanlaugh

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 625
    edited February 2022

Rite of Passage

By the way, thanks for doing this, LlolaLane!  It's fun to have a little challenge going...

Rite of Passage - 01.png
    2300 x 1800 - 5M
    Post edited by Olo_Ordinaire on

Olo_Ordinaire said:

Rite of Passage

Oh Olo... that's a wonderful portrait to start us out.  I've been wracking my brain to think of other graduations besides high school.  Well done!