Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

No ducky?

Dana

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited May 2022

isidorn said:

Good job everyone! I had a lot to look at as I've barely been on the forum for two months. Missed last month, but I'm not missing this one! Muahahahaha! 

Pumpkin patch

Wonderful.. wonderful isidorn ... I used the same scene in the PFDLives forum challenge. https://www.pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8547.msg145705#msg145705 ; ;)  Great minds think alike.  Glad to see you are returned... Hope you can join us for next month too.  Be well.

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

DanaTA said:

No ducky?

Dana

It's a pumpkin head ducky! A glowing one at that! (not easy to see the body in the darkness, unfortunately) 

And thanks Llola! I do what I can to participate, but sometimes the months just runs away. Already thinking on what to do for retirement. The June theme, not my own. smiley

OK Gang... June is upon us... Time to think of RETIREMENT... ahhh the great life!  Post'em when ya got'em :)

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

Hey, looks like I'm starting us out, for once!  That's odd XD

Curiosity

This older cat has retired from hunting the birds, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still get curious about them from his window seat... 

(Made for Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH Challenge - Retirement) 

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator.

Curiosity.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 6M

Fae3D said:

Curiosity

This older cat has retired from hunting the birds, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still get curious about them from his window seat... 

Postwork in Pixelmator.

OMG.. that is wonderful Fae3D ... You should post it on the Zeus thread too.  I'm sure everyone would love to see it.  (applauzzzzzzzzzze for starting us off this month)

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

Curiosity

Postwork in Pixelmator.

OMG.. that is wonderful Fae3D ... You should post it on the Zeus thread too.  I'm sure everyone would love to see it.  (applauzzzzzzzzzze for starting us off this month)

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!  Hmmm, that's not a bad idea, I love that thread.  I think I will do just that ^_^

Fae3D said:

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

Curiosity

Postwork in Pixelmator.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!  Hmmm, that's not a bad idea, I love that thread.  I think I will do just that ^_^

Just saw it over there... Thanks it fits perfectly with the other Zeus' there ;)

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173
    edited June 2022

Fae3D said:

Curiosity

Postwork in Pixelmator.

My older cat still gets low and cackles and tries to stalk but she is 18. The little one ran under a 6-foot privacy fence. (in Jan I'll 6 decades) I climbed over and fell down. The little cat hissed at me while I was picking him up. Then hissed at the wife When I handed him to her. Climbed back over and fell again down. LOL Who can stay mad at this cute kitty

Wonderful render Fae

20220321_180004.jpg
    1505 x 3349 - 839K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

There's no mystery why there's so many cats posted on the internet. How can you not love them? heart

AgitatedRiot said:

Fae3D said:

Curiosity

Postwork in Pixelmator.

My older cat still gets low and cackles and tries to stalk but she is 18. The little one ran under a 6-foot privacy fence. (in Jan I'll 6 decades) I climbed over and fell down. The little cat hissed at me while I was picking him up. Then hissed at the wife When I handed him to her. Climbed back over and fell again down. LOL Who can stay mad at this cute kitty

Wonderful render Fae

Oh my, that sounds like quite an adventure!  I don't have any kitties of my own, unfortunately I am badly allergic, so I will just have to make do with my digital kitties.  But I can't imagine staying angry either, they are too cute!

• r.klaij@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 207
    edited June 2022

It's time for Tristan to permanently put down his sword.

It was a bit of a puzzle since i have no older male characters and almost no male clothing, i guess all the old men died in the war.

Daz3d Challenge 2022-06 Retirement 1920x1080.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited June 2022

Websoul said:

It's time for Tristan to permanently put down his sword.

It was a bit of a puzzle since i have no older male characters and almost no male clothing, i guess all the old men died in the war.

Wonderful artwork  Websoul... I'm sooo glad you joined the challenge... And... good reason to retire early  ;)... Hubby retired at age 60!  We are enjoying the leisure life!  Although.. we seem to be busier than ever.  How DID we manage to go to work AND have fun?  lol  Thanks for sharing!

• It seems the pictures in my posts keep dissappearing, what is the best way to post pictures?
    At the moment i put them in my gallery, copy the link to the image, Use the image feature to add the image to the post, set the width to 800 since 800x800 is the max as someone told me.
    But still the images keep vanishing...

Websoul said:

It seems the pictures in my posts keep dissappearing, what is the best way to post pictures?
    At the moment i put them in my gallery, copy the link to the image, Use the image feature to add the image to the post, set the width to 800 since 800x800 is the max as someone told me.
    But still the images keep vanishing...

I am not sure how the gallery works... I don't do it that way... I ATTACH A FILE from this post... Then POST COMMENT... open the little thumbnail and copy the URL to my clipboard... then EDIT the posting and ADD AN IMAGE FILE with the little icon on the bar... I then paste the URL into the first line and change the Horizontal to 700... and POST... be sure you DON"T DELETE the thumbnail or the artwork will go away.  Hope that makes sense... DAZ should really have a HOW to... when posting artwork.  

• It looks like there is also a size limit, because I make my renders in 4K they tend to be fairly large and i could not upload it as an attachment.
    So i downsized it to 1920x1080 and now it seems to work.

I do think its strange that the images are visible at first and then dissapear after a few days.

Websoul said:

That's why we have the saying "Beware the old man in a world where men die young." (That's one of several different versions of it)

With that said, that's a lovely scene you put together @Websoul . It has a calm and serene feeling about it, perfect for someone who just made the decision to end a career in a violent profession to pursue a more peaceful life in retirement. Hopefully. But we know how the stories usually goes. The old heroes gets called upon again when a new crisis emerges.

• isidorn said:

Websoul said:

That's why we have the saying "Beware the old man in a world where men die young." (That's one of several different versions of it)

With that said, that's a lovely scene you put together @Websoul . It has a calm and serene feeling about it, perfect for someone who just made the decision to end a career in a violent profession to pursue a more peaceful life in retirement. Hopefully. But we know how the stories usually goes. The old heroes gets called upon again when a new crisis emerges.

Thanks, glad I got that feeling across.
    I do tend to come back to renders from time to time so mght see how godrays will look in this scene when I have bought those. 

edited June 2022

Hellooooooooooooooooooo... Have I lost you all to RETIREMENT???  We only have a weekish left to post artwork... I'm not late... Here's mine...

RETIREMENT means... NO MORE ALARM CLOCK!!!  yayyyy

RETIREMENT alarmclock 10minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 191K
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173

Llola Lane said:

Hellooooooooooooooooooo... Have I lost you all to RETIREMENT???  We only have a weekish left to post artwork... I'm not late... Here's mine...

Shouldn't that be "Sleep at any time you want you old man"

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Shouldn't that be "Sleep at any time you want you old man"

Haaaaaaa.. yeeeeeeeeeees... But I wouldn't dare call my hubby an old man :P.. lol

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 518
    Me, in my retirement, trying to work out what to render for the "retirement" themed challenge...

Title: The "Retirement" Theme...

(3Delight & Gimp)

nattaruk said:

Me, in my retirement, trying to work out what to render for the "retirement" themed challenge...

Title: The "Retirement" Theme...

(3Delight & Gimp)

Ha... switch the guy out to an old lady... and that be me too... lol.  Took me a while to figure out what to create... Two monitors???  WOW... I'm lucky if I can see my one... even if it is a 20"er.... Thanks for joining the challenge!!!  I am not alone ;)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2022

Here's mine: One Point One - Upgradeable

I'm afraid there's a stoopid short story attached to it, feel free to skip it, you won't miss out;)

She often found herself wondering if they would return someday? To fix her up? Pick her up? At the very least, she thought, to replace that glitching memory core and give her skinning a proper make-over! Other than that, she was in great condition for her age, no doubt. Said core obviously did cause her some headache (and, admittedly on rare occasions, heating issues) while attempting to recall who ”they” were, and how she had ended up here of all places.

And then there was ”The Purpose”. There definitely was one more ”Thing To Do” before she could fully retire, if only she could remember what ”It” was. But she trusted it would come to her, like on so many occasions in the past...

On the other hand; Could she be sure she hadn’t (quite literally) made it all up from thin air? After all, she could be just another outdated piece of garbage, a sick joke, a toy, abandoned, partly broken and completely forgotten about, an unnecessity, a snippet of code that unfortunately but quite miraculously was blessed with the ability of observing? Or - worst case scenario - There was no ”Great Task”, only utter meaninglessness, bursts of random awareness, possibly as a bi- product of some unknown force?

Her overclocked mind struggled to get back on track. She hadn’t actually moved around on the surface much after the last ice age or so. Deleting foot prints was energy consuming and downright tedious. Anyway, everything beyond that point in time appeared to be kind of...fragmented, which in turn made her suspicious.
    Her slightly damaged facial muscles did their best to form a grin. ”Pure madness,” she thought and took a step. She decided to open her mouth for the very first time.

”...and round and round we go,” she said.

There was of course no sound. She could feel the vocal cords vibrate in her voice box, so she knew she just needed a proper atmosphere to be able to produce sound waves.
    ”Open the windows, we need some fresh air here,” she announced, presumably using a hi-pitched demanding type of voice.

Still hysterically (but very much inaudibly) giggling, she took a few more steps. Suddenly she didn’t care about leaving foot prints anymore, it was time to visit the other side.

Bot pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven Dullah said:

I'm afraid there's a stoopid short story attached to it, feel free to skip it, you won't miss out;)

She often found herself wondering if they would return someday? To fix her up? Pick her up? At the very least, she thought, to replace that glitching memory core and give her skinning a proper make-over! Other than that, she was in great condition for her age, no doubt. Said core obviously did cause her some headache (and, admittedly on rare occasions, heating issues) while attempting to recall who ”they” were, and how she had ended up here of all places.

And then there was ”The Purpose”. There definitely was one more ”Thing To Do” before she could fully retire, if only she could remember what ”It” was. But she trusted it would come to her, like on so many occasions in the past...

On the other hand; Could she be sure she hadn’t (quite literally) made it all up from thin air? After all, she could be just another outdated piece of garbage, a sick joke, a toy, abandoned, partly broken and completely forgotten about, an unnecessity, a snippet of code that unfortunately but quite miraculously was blessed with the ability of observing? Or - worst case scenario - There was no ”Great Task”, only utter meaninglessness, bursts of random awareness, possibly as a bi- product of some unknown force?

Her overclocked mind struggled to get back on track. She hadn’t actually moved around on the surface much after the last ice age or so. Deleting foot prints was energy consuming and downright tedious. Anyway, everything beyond that point in time appeared to be kind of...fragmented, which in turn made her suspicious.
    Her slightly damaged facial muscles did their best to form a grin. ”Pure madness,” she thought and took a step. She decided to open her mouth for the very first time.

There was of course no sound. She could feel the vocal cords vibrate in her voice box, so she knew she just needed a proper atmosphere to be able to produce sound waves.
    ”Open the windows, we need some fresh air here,” she announced, presumably using a hi-pitched demanding type of voice.

Still hysterically (but very much inaudibly) giggling, she took a few more steps. Suddenly she didn’t care about leaving foot prints anymore, it was time to visit the other side.

Nice render and I love the story behind it. I am still struggeling with that creative part of the process, what do I want to convey? Most of the time I just start working on an environment and make changes as I see fit instead of thinking out properly what I wan't to create beforehand. Maybe I'll start writing little stories like these for myself before I start a render. 

Sven Dullah said:

Oh this is wonderful Sven Dullah... gotta love a great sci-fi story... So true in RL too.  I feel what she feels... a LOT as I grow older... (Had to sign up for Medicare this year.. ughh)... Thanks for joining the fun!

Websoul said:

Sven Dullah said:

Nice render and I love the story behind it. I am still struggeling with that creative part of the process, what do I want to convey? Most of the time I just start working on an environment and make changes as I see fit instead of thinking out properly what I wan't to create beforehand. Maybe I'll start writing little stories like these for myself before I start a render. 

Websoul... I feel that thinking of a story helps me create too... But usually I start out with a character and pose... and then let the story tell itself.  I'm not a great story teller but I manage to create art that I enjoy.  You're doing great!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Tks Llola Lane and Websoul! I'm not clear if I make up stories and render them or if it's the other way around. All I know is if there's a render there atleast is some kind of story. To make a point without adding text, that's a real challenge and I'm not very good at it. Yeah I'm actually retired (this year) from 30 years in the music business (musician, sound engineer, producer), and now I'm absolutely refusing to do anything "productive":D Making music, renders, stories, whatever, keeps me relatively sane;)

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 283

Her devotion to her rider was commendable but it was time for her to retire. Most corgis only served four years in the cavalry and she had served for six years.

I made the corgi armor in Blender and it still needs a bit of work. All other elements from Daz Studios.

• Zatetic said:

Her devotion to her rider was commendable but it was time for her to retire. Most corgis only served four years in the cavalry and she had served for six years.

I made the corgi armor in Blender and it still needs a bit of work. All other elements from Daz Studios.

Love the render, Reminds me a bit of this but then in full battle armor. Would love to ride that corgi into battle :)