Using Genesis 8 content with 8.1

This was supposed to be simple.  I've searched the promo pages and tutorials and forums.  The quality of forum search still makes me cry.  Anyway, an old DAZ email, discarded long ago, introduced Genesis 8.1 and promised they'd be seamlessly compatible with Genesis 8 content, though reverse compatibility wasn't possible.  I'm looking for instructions telling me how to do this, use products like 8's head and body morphs on 8.1.  What are the instructions and where are they hidden?  Thanks in advance, and just maybe they shouldn't be hidden.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You just need the latest version of DS.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

jestmart said:

You just need the latest version of DS.

You don't need the latest, DS 4.15 or newer will do. 

• Thank you.  That helps.  I don't remember that bit in the email.  I'll update my offline setup, something I don't do with every cycle.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

• G8.1 hase many problem... xD Normaly

Out VRAM, slow mouvement,....

Difficult to understand why DAZ introduce G8.1, nothing better in render, exept Zoom, but many memory needed, and all is slow in viewport...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Anarkia333 said:

G8.1 hase many problem... xD Normaly

Out VRAM, slow mouvement,....

Difficult to understand why DAZ introduce G8.1, nothing better in render, exept Zoom, but many memory needed, and all is slow in viewport...

I don't experience any issues with 8.1

• Well, I trusted DIM to do what it promised, update my D|S.

It failed and wiped out all my starter content.

How do I describe it, the raw disgust I feel for defective update tools that break the working systems they were supposed to support?  This disaster was programmed and tested and released by humans, so a sarcastic thank you, whoever you are.  What fun it is to start all over.  At least it didn't cost me money to wind up here.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

• Disciple said:

Well, I trusted DIM to do what it promised, update my D|S.

It failed and wiped out all my starter content.

How do I describe it, the raw disgust I feel for defective update tools that break the working systems they were supposed to support?  This disaster was programmed and tested and released by humans, so a sarcastic thank you, whoever you are.  What fun it is to start all over.  At least it didn't cost me money to wind up here.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

That is not the usual outcome of updating, though others have reported issues so you may not be alone. It isn't clear what has happened in all cases, but my suspicion would be that there is some kind of add-on or system utility that can trip the process up. I would certainly report this to Daz, via a support ticket, with as manya details about your system in general and your DS/DIM settings and add-ons as possible.