G8F and G8M Unwell Poses: Last Illness for G8M.

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
edited January 2022 in Freebies

In the last week my entire family and I have gone down with Norovirus (winter vomiting bug) we picked up when getting my father in law from hospital. It was, and still is, utterly exhausting to deal with.

So that this is not a totally wasted experience, I have created 5 poses with mirrors of G8F dry heaving into a bucket (don't really want to model some vomit). Not the nicest of pose sets, but it does happen to most at some point. Could also happen to teenagers after they indulge in alcohol for the first time, and learn the hard way that everything should be experienced in moderation.

Character is Aisling for Charlotte 8, clothing by Hypertaf. The bucket is my just released 'Waste Bin' freebie here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/543531/waste-bin-freebie#latest. Any bucket model would do, I just felt I wasn't convinced by the other freebie ones I could find.

Regards,

Richard.

G8F Unwell Ad.jpg
1200 x 800 - 208K
zip
zip
G8F Unwell.zip
3M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

Way to find a use for you waste basket lol

• Yeah, I know it's a bit gruesome, but it's part of everyday life. Now you can see why I wanted a model of a bin.. Unfortunately in reality, we were a bit un-prepared when my eldest daughter was in the bathroom suffering from a dire rear and at that point heaved her last meal all over the floor. Getting a bin suddenly became quite urgent! Regards, Richard.
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited January 2022

You know, you don't really know you are missing something until you discover you don't have it!

This, Mr/MsRichardandTracy, is magnificent!  I am curious how easily they can be fitted around a standard toilet boil, my particular favorite place for emesis.

Oh, and pretty please, with sugar on top, do one for the G8Ms

Post edited by Chumly on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited January 2022

To be honest, I don't think there is anything that's gender specific, so they should work on G8M without much change. Oh, except maybe Vomiting 01 (such a 'yurk' name, I know) where the G8F character is holding back one side of her long hair (centre top figure in the collage at the start of this thread). I will see if I can get time to try them this evening to see with M8, and maybe tweak some bits if needbe.

Once you think of the pose, a range of uses comes to mind, I agree. One of my thoughts was a party scene, with someone in a corner not feeling too bright. 

Regards,

Richard

ETA: I missed the bit about the toilet bowl. Not sure I have one to try. Ahh. Little Corner Room, a PC+ freebie free for all if something else was bought (for $1.80). https://www.daz3d.com/little-corner-room. I could try & see. I wanted it to be about the waste bin to ensure no-one had to pay anything to use the poses.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

There are free toilets and bathrooms out there, will see if I can find some for you tomorrow since I am headed to be here pretty quick.

• richardandtracy said:

.... I will see if I can get time to try them this evening to see with M8, and maybe tweak some bits if needbe....

Sorry, didn't get a chance to look yesterday evening, and won't be able to until tomorrow at the earliest.

Regards,

Richard

• Faeryl Womyn said:

There are free toilets and bathrooms out there, will see if I can find some for you tomorrow since I am headed to be here pretty quick.

I did find a guy91600 toilet freebie at Rendo I'll try out, thanks.

Regards,

Richard.

• I got a little time this evening, and it appears that a moderate amount of tweaking is needed to make these poses work for Michael 8. I have done 'Vomiting 01' and it's mirror, and hope to get the rest sorted during the weekend. After that, I'll try doing some poses around guy91600's lavatory.
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Thanks for your efforts!

• Sooo sorry to hear about you and your family sickness. not a good way to start 2022, BUT dam.....FANTASTIC poses.... absolutly brilliant!

Take care and stay healthy

Barbz x

edited January 2022

As requested, I have converted the G8F Unwell Poses to Michael 8/G8M.

Hope they are satisfactory.

Regards,

Richard

G8M Unwell Ad.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 185K
    zip
    zip
    G8M Unwell.zip
    3M
    edited January 2022

As Chumly asked for poses around a standard toilet boil, and I ran into a brick wall finding a toilet boil, I decided to do poses around a standard toilet bowl instead. Much easier ;-) . I based these on guy91600's 'toilettes' freebie at Renderosity (address in the readme file if you can't find it using the search facility). As the freebie is very low poly count, I have tried to partially correct the faceted surfaces with an Iray material preset for the toilet.

There are 5 poses with mirrors, and a zero, as usual. I have tried to make the poses distinct from the previous set. My wife commented that she knew how the model felt in the main image.

Hope these will be enough, as I have run out of inspiration for the moment! I will do these for G8M, though.

Regards,

Richard

G8F Unwell 2 Ad.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 191K
    zip
    zip
    G8F Unwell 2.zip
    5M
  • I almost pity the poor persons in your pictures although I know they are only made of polygons. laugh

• That was a good find! A toilet with plumbing! And the creator also has in his collection there, a toilet brush and toilet paper and a pose for the more usual use of a toilet.

Thank you for all your poses richardandtracy.  

I have noticed in movies too, everybody always seems to be in such types of positions which unless one is also terribly weak I find odd 'cause we were raised to use it for that purpose from a standing up position, well, kind of bent over standing up position.

Glad you are all feeling better now too.

• Catherine, during the recent bouts of sickness my family had, we definitely were too tired by the whole experience to stand at the toilet. To be honest, leaning on the toilet was the only way we could stay even vaguely upright. My youngest literally fell asleep draped over her bucket at one point. She had 26 separate bouts of vomiting (that is separated from the previous bout by more than 10 minutes) not 26 times when she vomited, think 4-10 heaves in every bout, but not every one bringing something up. My wife pulled a muscle in her side from the unusual exercise she was getting. We were, and still are, utterly shattered by the experience.

Regards,

Richard

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

marianner said:

I almost pity the poor persons in your pictures although I know they are only made of polygons. laugh

reminds me a bit of my sims2...  for some reason that i have forgotten, i had to delete a whole bunch of them.. i was almost crying - even tho yeah, polygons, lol XD

edited January 2022

richardandtracy said:

Catherine, during the recent bouts of sickness my family had, we definitely were too tired by the whole experience to stand at the toilet. To be honest, leaning on the toilet was the only way we could stay even vaguely upright. My youngest literally fell asleep draped over her bucket at one point. She had 26 separate bouts of vomiting (that is separated from the previous bout by more than 10 minutes) not 26 times when she vomited, think 4-10 heaves in every bout, but not every one bringing something up. My wife pulled a muscle in her side from the unusual exercise she was getting. We were, and still are, utterly shattered by the experience.

Regards,

Richard

omg.. just WHAT bug did you get? the godzilla of noroviruses? i can understand this left traumatic memories :/ ... hope you won't get through that any time soon, or preferably, ever again.
    21st century, "people" blow billions jumping up & down in the stratosphere (yeah, you know who you are, and i'm looking at you in utter disgust) - and stomach flu is still wreaking havoc on the whole bloody planet, as it has been for eons. so either this family of viruses is invincible, or there isn't enough effort put by the scientific community in eradicating them, i dunno... it's not like if this virus was news, if you get what i'm referring to. now this would be an interesting genetic modification, way more sensible than eye color and the likes: immunity against noroviruses...

but, side note: i also thought a toilet bowl set would be cool, since i think it's the most common after-party pose, at least it was for me, unlike the bucket - shoud be included in all sets of dancing/partying poses, lol

so thanks a lot for creating those very useful/thoughtful sets of poses!

Post edited by manekiNeko on
    edited January 2022

I'm pretty certain it was Norovirus. When picking FIL up from hospital, where he'd been for nearly a month, I passed a ward with 'Norovirus Containment Ward' hand written on a sheet of paper just under the ward name. His was the next ward along. He also, rather unpleasantly, had a stomach that sounded like a chemical factory & was sent home with a lot of soiled underwear for us to deal with. I went down with vomiting and a dire rear (yeah I know, I can't reliably spell the proper thing and when having it, your rear does feel pretty dire.) 36 hours after picking him up having seen no-one else. Just to give you an idea of the degree to which the hospital wanted rid of him, they didn't even bother to mention that he had a catheter until I was wheeling him on his wheelchair through the ward entrance doors. The hospital has been rated by the care regulator as one of the worst in the UK for infection control, and in the last 18 months 4 people we know/knew went in for unrelated problems and died of covid contracted in the hospital having been tested negative on entry - containment of infections is really poor there. I know it's hard, but they should be the best place to manage it...

As a weight loss programme, albeit involuntary, it has been superb. I have lost 2"/5cm from my waist, my wife has done better losing 4"/10cm.

I agree that a toilet boil/bowel set is useful for all sorts of things. I nearly got Aeon Soul's undress poses in yesterday's sale as in a couple of poses the trousers are shown part way down, but felt that sitting down dire rear poses were a bit much to distribute especially when showing the trousers lowered and they'd have looked stupid and/or disgusting with trousers in the normal position...

Regards,

Richard

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

Our sink is next to the pan so we can sit and heave all at the same time by sitting side on and leaning over the sink :)

• Hmm. Wish that was the case with us. Eldest daughter heaved up over the entire bathroom vinyl floor. Took a great deal of mopping & disinfectant.

Regards,

Richard

well, i know where i definitely don't wann get sick and land in hospital... but then again, i'm sure there are dumps like this everywhere, even here in switzerland. like, the way they (old people's care facility) managed my gramp's case after he broke a bloody clavicle: they stuffed him with opiates, not bothering to compensate for his understandable lack of appetite, and he died 3 weeks later - there were not even any complications...
    anyways your/this hospital has absolutely no excuse for the poor way they manage their cases in general, according to what you wrote, nor the way they expelled an elder still obviously needing professional care. and without regards to the spreading of a virus to the elder's family, not mentioning the lack of communication/information.
    the only "positive" effect is the loss of weight, albeit i wonder if you lost the fat and other undesirable body components, or muscle and other important stuff... nope, not my weight loss program of choice.

but even without poor management from inappropriate care facilities, noroviruses are the pure horror in terms of contagion, my friend's entire family included those who live in another house a few streets away but visit have got a free subscription to it at least once a year or rather thrice... every time she tells me about another bout i'm like what, not AGAIN??
    i've been pretty reclusive for a couple of years, and even before that i wouldn't go anywhere near a sick person, so i can't even remember when/if i had stomach flu the last time. and since covid, i've become hyper-mega-reclusive, which is perfect to avoid those bugs on top of covid ~ (however, it's also quite effective to lose friends and alienate your family too, so i'm not sure i can recommend it)...

hmm yeah, as far as poses go, i think being sick/throwing up is quite the limit somewhere. it can add some spice to a party scenario, or a sickness story, but do we really need to go down the path of other natural body processes, i'm not sure. i personally wouldn't be very interested in seeing pixel people do their business...

Fishtales said:

Our sink is next to the pan so we can sit and heave all at the same time by sitting side on and leaning over the sink :)

that's what i call optimized work flow XD 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

I happened to catch the Norovirus a few years ago and it was one the sickest times of my entire life. So I can relate to what you and your family went through. I am glad to hear that they are feeling much better now.

• manekiNeko said:

Fishtales said:

That's about the size of these apt. bathrooms, put the tub on the other side not even 12 inches away. So my joke has been that one can soak their feet, have a chair ;-) and wash their hands all at the same time.

• richardandtracy said:

Catherine, during the recent bouts of sickness my family had, we definitely were too tired by the whole experience to stand at the toilet. To be honest, leaning on the toilet was the only way we could stay even vaguely upright. My youngest literally fell asleep draped over her bucket at one point. She had 26 separate bouts of vomiting (that is separated from the previous bout by more than 10 minutes) not 26 times when she vomited, think 4-10 heaves in every bout, but not every one bringing something up. My wife pulled a muscle in her side from the unusual exercise she was getting. We were, and still are, utterly shattered by the experience.

Regards,

Richard

:-( That has got to be about the worst flu bout ever. Could take a few months to fully recover. VD, Kelp, VC and Zinc have been in my med. cabinet for the past few years now. Hugs to all.

Catherine3678ab said:

manekiNeko said:

Fishtales said:

That's about the size of these apt. bathrooms, put the tub on the other side not even 12 inches away. So my joke has been that one can soak their feet, have a chair ;-) and wash their hands all at the same time.

exactly. ok, for the feet i still need a bucket - the door is in the way for me to reach the shower cabin. but we're talking 80cm otherwise i could do it in the shower, and at the same time hang up my laundry over the radiator XD

• No heat in our bathrooms! The floor is COLD. Yes I put down a rug ... however my floor decorator carefully picks up an end with her teeth and pulls it to wherever she thinks it should be.

Catherine3678ab said:

No heat in our bathrooms! The floor is COLD. Yes I put down a rug ... however my floor decorator carefully picks up an end with her teeth and pulls it to wherever she thinks it should be.

well in theory, there is heat in my bathroom. however, in the height of winter - the window faces full north, and it's not exactly what you call a recent model, none of my windows are -  it's not very cosy. luckily not ice cold tho, like i've done ice cold living in an unheated attic with just a tiny fan in our room and nothing in the rest, so it was colder in the kitchen with the only cold water tap than in the fridge, and i had to strip in there to wash up with boiled water (i'm talking 3 years ago, not last century)... so compared, it's nice here, can't complain, lol. there is heating, a shower, hot water, a sink in the kitchen and another in the bathroom, even a washing machine in the cellar. it's billions of light years from any decent "normal" average modern standing, but for me it's a bloody palace... and all my furry masters are welcome here. ok, i know the owners, lol - otherwise we'd be in a barn by now ~

lmao@floor decorator. bathroom is the one and only place mine have no access, and since it's in a kinda room outside the flat proper, with a self-built gangway to protect me from the stairs and aerosols and 3 doors in between, they have no chance to sneak in ^^

• ... some critters can open doors ;-)  Had to put a lock on one door years back 'cause my late shepherd could. She also knew how to knock on the door and then sit to the side "just in case" while waiting for the door to be opened. I didn't teach her that, suspect her former owner did.