Ryilee for Genesis 8.1 females breaks fingernails on base G8.1

AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 633
edited February 2022 in The Commons

I like long fingernails as much as as anyone else, but I didn't especially want them on my G8.1 by default. Unfortunately, that's what I was seeing, and guessing it must be a recent purchase, I looked at the history and found this was the only suspect...

https://www.daz3d.com/cb-ryilee-hd-for-genesis-81-females

I haven't uninstalled her, but I am able to correct the issue by going into her character and selecting "CB Ryilee Long Square Nails Remove", so I think that's being applied to all characters by default.

So firstly, I'm posting this here in case anyone else hits it, and I guess the correct thing for me to do now is raise a ticket so it can be fixed properly? Or is there a better way to report bugs in PA products (such as direct to the PA)?

Also is there any way anyone knows I can fix it without uninstalling her?

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,402

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8.1 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• PerttiA said:

2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

"The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

Thanks so, so much!

i'll still report it of course as it's a bug, but this is a great help in the meantime.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    It's amazing how many of these get through "QA" and rarely ever fixed.
  • vagans said:

It's amazing how many of these get through "QA" and rarely ever fixed.

Really? Because this is a pretty serious issue. It makes the product pretty much unsable for the less glamourous scenes! I must be lucky I never hit this as I have way too much stuff...

• furiousstug@cox.net[email protected] Posts: 143
    edited February 2022

I also had this issue, and it has been reported to Daz support.

I followed the steps outlined above and found a long square nails morph that was being applied to all G8.1F characters. I don't remember exacely the file, but if it is removed then the problem goes away.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Zechariah1988Zechariah1988 Posts: 5
    edited April 2022

PerttiA said:

You sir are a life saver. lol.

Post edited by Zechariah1988 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674

I used PerttiA's process to diagnose and fix my G8.1 long fingernail conundrum. I don't own Ryilee, and I forgot to check which character was causing it before I saved.

Anyway, there's another character that's also causing this issue.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited May 2022

You can also find the DSF file if your confortable doing that and under "auto_follow" there is "value" : 1 change that to zero and save.  FYI this particular product has the dsf files compressed so you will have to intially unzip it.

@CynderBlue

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,721

When I have had issues with other characters causing issues, after reporting them to Daz, I uninstalled the products. Right now I think there is one still uninstalled due to its affects. No loss, another 5'10", 1.79m white female, nothing special.

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132

PerttiA said:

tried this method and Daz just keeps crashing when trying to zero  genesis 8 base figure :(

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,402

ragamuffin57 said:

tried this method and Daz just keeps crashing when trying to zero  genesis 8 base figure :(

What does you log say? (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Do not copy parts of the log to the message area, but attach the text file to your post with "Attach a file" above the "Post Comment" button. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,204

Ryilee was updated this week to correct this very problem.

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132
    edited May 2022

PerttiA said:

ragamuffin57 said:

What does you log say? (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Do not copy parts of the log to the message area, but attach the text file to your post with "Attach a file" above the "Post Comment" button. 

Thanks to you I was able to fix the problem was not with the character Ryilee (I do not have that character)  it was with CynderBlue misc long and square nails that was the problem.  I was able to remove the files and bingo all is good :). As I have other long finger morphs by the bucketload I am not going to miss that morph.  Thanks to your method  PerttiA I was able to view the offending morphs in the popup box. :)  Why Daz was acting up it  was a human error on my part why Daz was crashing  So Thanks

Post edited by ragamuffin57 on
  • PerttiA said:

Thanks !!  

Worked like a charm....