The Sci-Fi Volumetric Render Contest Starts Now

Now's the perfect time to explore the new Daz Studio 4.20 Iray Volumetric Rendering. This update allows you to create stunning fire, smoke, and other effects — so we're turning up the heat with this month’s render contest!

This render contest will test your creativity with a sci-fi-themed render featuring volumetric effects. 

The Prizes

Winners will be determined by the Daz team based on render quality and the best, most creative use of volumetric effects. 

1st Place: Wacom Cintiq Pro 16
2nd Place: $500 CASH
3rd Place: $250 Daz Store Credit

Runners-Up: 3 runners-up will be given $150 Daz Store Credit

Contest Details

When: 

The Sci-Fi Volumetric Render Contest will run from March 9 to March 31, 2022. Entries must be submitted by March 31 at 23:59 MDT (UTC-6) to qualify. 

Rules:

1. Create a render in Daz Studio using Volumetric Effects (VDB). Images must be rendered with a sci-fi theme. This includes cyberpunk, steampunk, or any other sub-genre of science fiction. 
  2. Renders can feature characters, structures, vehicles, and any other sci-fi-themed item as long as it follows Daz 3D’s guidelines. 
  3. Post your submission on the Daz Gallery.
  4. Follow Daz 3D on the social media platform of your choice. 
  5. Post your submission on your social media profile with the hashtags #MadeWithDaz and #TurnUpTheHeat and tag Daz 3D in the post.

Read the full contest rules and fill out the submission form here.

Get Inspired with VDB Items and a Bonus Freebie

Need a little inspiration? Check out the collection of VDBs available in the Daz Store.

Then, spark your creativity with a free item. Get SC20 Drones and Crates 01 FREE for a limited time with Coupon Code SCI-FI-FREEBIE. Expand your sci-fi collection and start brainstorming your contest entry today! 

Submit your entry by March 31 at 23:59 MDT (UTC-6) for a chance to win amazing prizes and an exclusive social media feature. 

Enter the Sci-Fi Volumetric Render Contest here.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Do you have to be using DS 4.20 to qualify, as I can't run it on my hardware.

• scorpio said:

Do you have to be using DS 4.20 to qualify, as I can't run it on my hardware.

VDBs must be used, and those require 4.20.x.x or later (at least in General Releases), so effectively yes.

• Hi I'm having problems with uploading an image for the contest in my gallery, everything I've tried comes up with 'ERROR MAYBE WRONG FORMAT' Yet i've tried jpg jpeg & png, is there something I've missed as I can't find anything on uploading to gallery.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

I see I'm no longer the only entry on Instagram. 

• The entry form on https://www.daz3d.com/turn-up-the-heat has disappeared.  In its place is now {{block block_id="elements/contest-form"}}   ... like there's a malformed tag in a CMS call.   Will the form be coming back?

• babyeatindingo said:

The entry form on https://www.daz3d.com/turn-up-the-heat has disappeared.  In its place is now {{block block_id="elements/contest-form"}}   ... like there's a malformed tag in a CMS call.   Will the form be coming back?

Reporting, thank you.

• Does anyone know when they announce who's placed?
  • Well, I do know that my entry was the best that couldn't be uploaded, so I know I won.....By the way thanks for all the useful answers I recieved.......

• The best that couldn't be submitted, but you won? I'm not sure what you mean sorry
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited April 2022

It's a joke... sarcastically implying that if they had be able to upload their entry they might have had a shot at winning and since nobody responded to their request for info on the problem they were experiencing they had no shot at all of submitting their entry... Or something like that more or less.

Also, seems a little lame not to name/recognize the winners here if that's where you made the announcement.

I remember when the forums used to seem important enough for follow up like that.

Since it wasn't posted here, these are the winners...

1st Place: “The Celestials” by LIK

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/madewithdaz#image=1213000

2nd Place: “In Hot Water” by JoelLovell

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/madewithdaz#image=1213270

3rd Place: “A Peculiar Sighting” by kadaj777

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/madewithdaz#image=1212416

Congratulations to the winners.

And everyone who participated... because everyone is a winner when they participate.

But only the people who really win get the prizes...

So I guess not everyone really wins... 

I guess it's the thought that counts.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

Congrats to the winners. I didn't see the announcement anywhere, so thank you for posting that.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

Glad SOMEONE posted the winners... I've been waiting for an announcement SOMEWHERE!!!

Once again I have no idea who these people (winners) are... Pleasure to mee'chas and Congratzi!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

Llola Lane said:

Glad SOMEONE posted the winners... I've been waiting for an announcement SOMEWHERE!!!

Once again I have no idea who these people (winners) are... Pleasure to mee'chas and Congratzi!

I think Kadaj is the only one who posts in the forums.