When is a monkey not a monkey? Mislabeled Monkey Business bundle

Thanks to a silly song, my children have forever memorized: if a monkey has a has a tail it is a monkey; if it doesn't have a tail it is an ape. Chimpanzees are not monkeys.

Comments

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

That's one cool looking monkey.  Maybe he's hiding it in his pants?

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    He's a Saiyan (space monkey) like Goku, but got his tail removed for security reasons.
  • Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

I would be more concerned with monkeys without bananas.  They should have included a banana prop for this cool monkey.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

I didn't know what that monkey was based on, until I read Facebook. You learn something new everyday.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

It's not just an ape; it's a bored ape. 

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

Even ones who create the product get it wrong. That is no Monkey! 

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173

Maybe you have to buy the Pro version to get all the parts!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

I've just checked and this definitely an ape. Quite apart from the extreme lack of a tail, it has a large brain in proportion to its size, another characteristic of apes. It bears a passing resemblence to an orang-utan, a species of ape, and it is based on Genesis 8 male, which also a species of ape. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Seven193 said:

I would be more concerned with monkeys without bananas.  They should have included a banana prop for this cool monkey.

Yeah, there is ample proof recently that monkes without bananas easily chimp out.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

I've pretty much given up on DAZ as far as accurate wording goes.   

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

The term "Monkey Business"  is used to refer to humans, not monkeys. Humans & chimpanzees share 94% of the same DNA. So using the term to refer to chimpanzees is MUCH more correct than using it to refer to actual monkeys.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

A monkey is not a monkey when it's a Monkee... unless one of them was an actual monkey... who knows... it was the tumultuous 60s, a time of great changes when anything seemed possible... 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

pwiecek said:

The term "Monkey Business"  is used to refer to humans, not monkeys. Humans & chimpanzees share 94% of the same DNA. So using the term to refer to chimpanzees is MUCH more correct than using it to refer to actual monkeys.

It's also the title of a top-notch album by the Black Eyed Peas ^^

(lol-sorry)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

N-RArts said:

pwiecek said:

(lol-sorry)

It contains My Humps, so the rest of it would have to be the best music anybody has ever made for the album to equal out to mediocre.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

And don't forget Chuck Berry's "Too much monkey business".

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

N-RArts said:

pwiecek said:

(lol-sorry)

Who, coincidentally, also share 94% of their DNA with chimpanzees.