Is anyone happy with products being broken into parts and sold seperately?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but was there a reason given, a discusion had before this became the norm?  I keep seeing outfits broken appart.
There will be:
dress here.
panties here.
oh look shoes!.
yes over here's the top.
look here you can buy all of the outfit as a 'bundle'!
but wait, over here, alternate textures....
is this a DAZ choice, or just some gimick being used by some content creators to try and get more space on a page to try to get people to pay attention?
I ask as it's becomming a nusaince, and now this most recent offer by one vendor is acting like each part is worthy of a being priced like a new character, and the bundle outfit together is priced like is a Pro Bundle.
Is this the way it's going to be going forward?
If so, can we get a filter option to filter out 'parts' so we can just see the over priced bundles that we won't get anyway but at least if they someday go on a steep sale we'll think about it?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258

It is an attempt to please those people who see an outfit and say "I only want the shoes... the rest is useless to me".  

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156

nemesis10 said:

It is an attempt to please those people who see an outfit and say "I only want the shoes... the rest is useless to me".  

Or, as often seems to be the case on the forums, "I want everything BUT the shoes".

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Does the "bundle" sell for a price you would expect to pay for an equivalent outfit?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited May 2022

...yeah there are times I would just ike a certain part of a full ensemble without paying for the whole set.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424

I actually kind of like the idea, I've often just wanted parts of an outfit.  I bought one or two "breakout" items, when they went on sale.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

I've taken advantage of this at least three times if not more. I already have too much disk space dedicated to items that I don't like and will never use. If I can save a few dollars as well, it's win-win.

• I am among those who has bought a single piece of an outfit; the rest would've been useless to me, and I wouldn't have bought it at all until it got to the $1.99 bin just for the one thing I could use.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027

I like this a lot. The option exists to get the whole enchilada, or only what you need. Sometimes I like it one way, sometimes the other. The customer can choose. If truth be told, there is usually one element I want more than the others , and this sales strategy gets me to buy that one element, instead of avoiding the whole batch if that is the only choice. It's a win-win for the PA and me.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319

I really like this because it gives me the opportunity to buy the parts of an outfit that I need and like, and the others just not. Just the other day, I bought a pair of shoes from an outfit that I never would have bought if you could only get it as a whole.

Also, the split provides an opportunity to get new products that you need to buy to get a discount in a sale at a good price. :-)

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

No. I got complete outfits before for the price of one or two items now.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,341

I don't have a problem in principle, but I'm less than entirely thrilled about the actual implementation, as it seems often the complete sets don't seem to end up in deal categories. (Possibly because they're named as a "bundle").

This means there's sets I've never bought because I don't want to be paying premiums for each component individually when they show up in sales.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I support the general idea, but up to now, I have not seen the need to buy any of those outfits, as none of them were in any way interesting for me.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Id' like to see the option for more of the male outfits as well.

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

so long the price of the total package is the same as per usual, then I have no issues. What I find annoying is the wording. they use "bundle" for the full set of the outfit, but also use bundle when such outfit is part of a bigger bundle. For me that can get confusing. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited May 2022

Twice already, there's been a "big bundle," with these small outfit bundles. And in the big bundles there's a regular whole outfit that I would've preferred to buy it in parts, instead of the other one.

I agree that these "small bundles," need to be renamed and recategorized. I like the concept abd I've bought parts of it before, since I've already got too many blue jeans or "regular," undergarments.

Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 639

I like it in general too, but I think they also need to bundle it sensibly. Dont force people to buy things other than the outfit if they want only the outfit. I think this has only happened once.

https://www.daz3d.com/luna-infinity-outfit-bundle

In this case, I'd have bought the outfit if I didn't have to buy the character. She's very pretty and all that, but she's not a good match for my art style and I know I would never use her. The outfit would cost $40 to buy in its component parts, which is a huge amount of money because you're not getting any bundle discount. So I bought nothing. I guess that's down to the PA though?

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,902

I like it as a lot of times I only need or want one thing from a set, so it's nice to be able to just buy that one item for a much cheaper cost than the whole outfit. 

• DripDrip Posts: 1,135

AndrewJJP said:

I like it in general too, but I think they also need to bundle it sensibly. Dont force people to buy things other than the outfit if they want only the outfit. I think this has only happened once.

https://www.daz3d.com/luna-infinity-outfit-bundle

In this case, I'd have bought the outfit if I didn't have to buy the character. She's very pretty and all that, but she's not a good match for my art style and I know I would never use her. The outfit would cost $40 to buy in its component parts, which is a huge amount of money because you're not getting any bundle discount. So I bought nothing. I guess that's down to the PA though?

That's kind of a different bundle, it is actually three different outfits, two pairs of shoes and a character. Quite similar to the Linday&Mousso bundles like Lost Lagoon I'm pretty sure that's how HM presented the bundle to Daz for release.
    If this were a "new DAZ style bundle", then each of those outfits would also have been split up into 3-5 pieces, like top, panties, skirt, shoulders, etc. And you would be able to buy each article seperately.

On one hand, I do like these new bundles. Sometimes I really want "just the shoes" or "just the top". But the most important detail remains whether the full outfit is comparable in price and quality to other outfits sold here, and not artificially inflated.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,369

I like it in general and have already bought single items from these new broken-up sets. So for me, it's a nice idea, just sometimes the breaking-up goes a little over the top I feel, when you basically have every belt and sleeve being its own item. Apart from that, I think it's fine, overall prices for the outfits seem okay too.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

I myself hate it.

Makes bundles look bigger than they are as bundles include outfits (as sub-bundles) plus the single parts of the outfits. Sometimes even with the same thumbnails.
    Also makes installation more complicated than it needs to be.

But hey, that's rather personal. So if others like it and DAZ seens enough single item purchases it's probably here to stay.

Only time I've used it was as cheap buy-ins for a "you need one xyz new release"-promotion.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,135

A while back, we had these two Kola bundles, one with a teen core figure, the other with a mature core figure.
    I bought only one piece from each bundle (the villages), as well as the helmets from an outfit from each figure. I had absolutely no interest in the figures or their outfits, but I really liked how the two helmets were similar yet different, as if one helmet was an evolution of the other. I don't think I would have ever bought those outfits (even less the bundles) just for those helmets. Maybe if they ended up in a vault sale, but otherwise, I just wouldn't have bothered with them. So, to me, it was a great thing that I could very specifically buy only the helmets.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556

I'm not a fan. YMMV.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Most, it seems to me, that the price has gone up; not always though.

If I only wanted one item out of a bundle, then I waited until the outfit was at a price I was happy to pay.

It isn't rocket science - for the majority of us(?), it isn't an essential purchase - so waiting is fine.

Besides. It's been months since I bought anything above $0.00.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 146

I like the flexibility this provides. There are times when I only want parts of an outfit; other times I'm happy to buy the whole set.  One does have to pay attention to the prices though, as often the cost of more than one component can almost equal the price of the whole set.

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339
    edited May 2022

I do not like it much really as it is now I guess. It might be more useful if they did it with all outfits, then made a section for single parts catagorized properly, and another section for full outfit sets. That way you buy one of the many dresses or skirt sets that are comando, you could jump in and have a section for underwears, socks, shoes etc.

Post edited by RL_Media on
  • RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

With the sheer size of my content library, I'm happy to be able to get only the pieces I need or can use...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

marble said:

Does the "bundle" sell for a price you would expect to pay for an equivalent outfit?

Seems often to be a bit more, at least to me. 

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I am not keen on this.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

Not a fan at all.  

-MJ