characters coordinates ?

so i bought the police station a while back.Very nice.

but its huge. you get the main room with all the cop desks, a briefing room with many chairs, and 2 holding cells.

now it just took me forever to put Vince inside one of the cells. I have no clue if theres a way to move him there a lot quicker. I usually use top view and make the ceiling invisible but some part are still not transparent and so im going blindly. 

I'd like to know if i can put another guy in the cell next to him Or at least a cop having a chat leaning on his cell bars. There must be a way to enter coordinates so the next character appears in the right spot right away yes ?

thanks.

2022-05-12_20h08_41.png
784 x 777 - 764K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

Hold ALT while dragging a character into the scene. 

• montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited May 2022

Ok thanks. It does get the character moving faster but i really thought that somehow you could enter coordinates to move them.

Gordig said:

Hold ALT while dragging a character into the scene. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

1- Load your character

2- Click once on the coordinate value you want to change

3- Current coordinate value is highlighted (yellow)

4- Enter your new coordinate value (DAZ unit = 1 cm)

5- Press ENTER

1_coordinates 0,0,0.png
    1507 x 739 - 87K
    2_coordinates select X,.png
    1507 x 739 - 84K
    3_coordinates enter new value,.png
    1520 x 630 - 76K
    4_coordinates enter X 200,.png
    1517 x 654 - 77K
    5_coordinates X 200,.png
    1515 x 671 - 75K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

It's better to move the building than the character, if you have the character far from the origin (x,y,z = 0) you may get precision problems.

edited May 2022

PerttiA said:

It's better to move the building than the character, if you have the character far from the origin (x,y,z = 0) you may get precision problems.

What a good idea! Move the prison and be free!

In this case we are in a small police station,I don't think the distance will exceed 20 meters which shouldn't be a problem,

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited May 2022

rosseliani said:

PerttiA said:

What a good idea! Move the prison and be free!

In this case we are in a small police station,I don't think the distance will exceed 20 meters which shouldn't be a problem,

The native unit in Daz Studio is the cm, so 20m (2,000cm) is potentially eating two or three significant digits, which may well have an impact on things like the eyes where surfaces are already close together.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

The native unit in Daz Studio is the cm, so 20m (2,000cm) is potentially eating two or three significant digits, which may well have an impact on things like the eyes where surfaces are already close together.

It's true, but if we want to show 2 characters 20m apart from each other, for example a policeman in the office and a guy in a detention cell, we will have to put up with the loss of precision and correct any artifacts resulting from this loss of precision.
    And yes, it's always better to have the main character in a scene close to the World Center.
    I myself often move the room or other props for many other practical reasons.