dForce is Utterly Useless

Every time I try to simulate, the clothing item explodes.  I tried Increasing iterations and/or subframes but the clothes explodes every time!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738

Clothing made for dForce? Are you doing a single frmae or play-range simualtion? Does it explode on an unposed figure? If not, are you starting from the zero pose with your exploding simulations and do any body parts pass through each other on their way to the final pose?

• superlativecg said:

Every time I try to simulate, the clothing item explodes.  I tried Increasing iterations and/or subframes but the clothes explodes every time!

The first thing to do when your sim explodes is look for intersecting quads with other things you're simulating it with.  In many cases applying morphs to move items away from each other a little will fix the problem, or starting from a different pose.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

Having the clothes intersecting with objects is a common cause of dForce explosions. You can sometimes get round this by using the animation timeline to move the figure into position. I did a scene with a figure sitting on a chair. I setup the first frame with the figure above the chair and slightly in front of it. I then set a frame half way though the timeline with the figure on the chair but with a small gap so the clothes would have somewhere to be without intersecting. When I ran the simulation the clothes were pushed into position as the figure settled on the chair, they then settled down over the last half of the timeline. I rendered the last frame of the timeline for my picture.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

clothing can explode if you include or exclude parts of the scene that should not be playing any part of the simulation. Objects should have a toggle in the parameters for "Visible in Simulation" if it's not needed, turn them off. 

• edited May 2022

Someone posted ages ago on reddit that a good thing to try is to CTRL-click only the things that you want to simulate, eg. the figure and the shirt he is wearing (for exmaple), then use the "simulate selected items" option, this excludes all the the other objects in the scene and can fix exploding trousers etc. 

found th post : How do you stop dforce from exploding like this? : Daz3D (reddit.com)

Post edited by nick.townsend21_4517cbb5da on
  • DazzleDazzle Posts: 45
    edited May 2022

I started a thread after experiencing similar problems, and received some very helpful suggestions. My success rate is much better now.

See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/539286/ways-to-avoid-explosions-when-using-dforce

Post edited by Dazzle on