Inside The Mouth

For some of my renders,  I have tried to do inside-the-mouth shots of Daz figures (Genesis 8) chewing their food. This is done for a sequence of eating. I figured it was a matter of focus settings for the camera and positioning the camera, but regardless of how I position the camera or what I do with the focus settings, parts of the Genesis 8 figure disappear, parts of the food disappear, or parts of each disappear.

Does anybody know how this is done? I have seen other artists do it, I just can't figure it out for myself.

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151

Looking into the mouth, or looking out? Either way, you could try an Iray section plane (Create -> New Iray Section Plane Node), parent that to the camera and make sure it's facing towards the camera to hide anything on the near side of the plane.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Focal length too low, maybe?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

you are probably better off scaling it up to the size of a room

• marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 159

Thanks for the responses. Not sure how to use a an Iray Section Plane - tried using it, didn't work out (because I don't know how to use it, no doubt).

Tried various focus length settings - still no go. Not sure about scaling to size of room -   I've scaled pretty large - pretty sure as large as a room at least, but the shot loses material substance when it's close up.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,022

marcelle19 said:

Thanks for the responses. Not sure how to use a an Iray Section Plane - tried using it, didn't work out (because I don't know how to use it, no doubt).

Tried various focus length settings - still no go. Not sure about scaling to size of room -   I've scaled pretty large - pretty sure as large as a room at least, but the shot loses material substance when it's close up.

I recommend watching this video (is how I learned about Iray Section Planes:

• marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 159

Thanks for your response, and sorry for my late reply - I couldn't get on the net all last month. Using a hot spot sucks.

Thanks again, I watch it.

- Bill

• FenixPhoenix said:

marcelle19 said:

I recommend watching this video (is how I learned about Iray Section Planes:

Hi FenixPhoenix- I looked at this video and saved it when you replied, but now, on YouTube, it is private and even when I'm signed in I can't see it.

Help?

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Hi FenixPhoenix- I looked at this video and saved it when you replied, but now, on YouTube, it is private and even when I'm signed in I can't see it.

Help?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, so don't take it that way, but honestly just typing "How to use Iray Section plane DAZ3D" into Google will return videos for you to watch.  They are extremely simple to set up, and any tutorial video will help you get the info you need on how to use them.  WP Guru explains things well, so I'd start there and then of course if you have specific questions on how to apply it to what you are trying to do the helpful people here will be happy to be helpful I'm sure :)

• duckbomb said:

Help?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, so don't take it that way, but honestly just typing "How to use Iray Section plane DAZ3D" into Google will return videos for you to watch.  They are extremely simple to set up, and any tutorial video will help you get the info you need on how to use them.  WP Guru explains things well, so I'd start there and then of course if you have specific questions on how to apply it to what you are trying to do the helpful people here will be happy to be helpful I'm sure :)

You didn't come off as a jerk at all. :) Thank you. I guess I'm so used to limited use of the internet (3-5 days a month until this month - finally got internet again, YAY!), that I don't even think like I used to when I search through things on the net all the time. Thanks for the gentle and kind reminder. :)