How do I Make Gmail Not Hate Daz3d?

onimushaonimusha Posts: 189
edited May 2022 in The Commons

Trying to switch the email of my account to a gmail address and it won't receive the confirmation email. Anyone else have a problem with this? Is there a way to make Gmail not hate emails coming from Daz? They don't even show up in spam.

I've tried a method to "unfilter" domains, but it hasn't worked. Wondering if I'm using the right domain or what the email is from Daz so can specifically white list it.

Post edited by onimusha on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

If you go to account info, does it then list the right email?

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

In my account info, it says the new email is awaiting confirmation. Probably because I can't get the confirmation email.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

Then maybe try to raise a ticket.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I use a gmail address for my account. II have this setting:

The following filters are applied to all incoming mail:

Matches: from:([email protected])
    Do this: Never send it to Spam

I don't know whether that is still correct or necessary. You said you mail isn't going to SPAM, though, so this probably wouldn't help.

Thanks. I just tried that and it still didn't work. Maybe I'll try opening a ticket.

Weird, when I opened a ticket, I got the email from Daz saying my ticket was getting worked on. Very strange I can't get the confirmation email. I wonder if it's not sending at all.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

onimusha said:

Weird, when I opened a ticket, I got the email from Daz saying my ticket was getting worked on. Very strange I can't get the confirmation email. I wonder if it's not sending at all.

Were you logged in on the ZenDesk side or did you type the email address there?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Gmail has a mind of it's own, DAZ has never given me issues but other sites I want notifications from no matter what rules I create, how many times I mark them not spam etc it still at best puts them in spam if I get them at all

I have no idea what Zendesk is so I have probably not ever logged in there.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

Zendesk is the help centre, It usually has a Sign In button at top-right when you first visit in a session as the Daz site log-in does not seem to transfer automatically.

Yeah I don't think I signed in using that button.