M3D Fiber Body Hair Set for Genesis 8.1 Male

https://www.daz3d.com/m3d-fiber-body-hair-set-for-genesis-81-male

Will this fiber hair set work on Genesis 8 males?

Comments

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 568

I'm not sure if it will load on G8M by default. There may be a way to associate it to G8, but I don't have it to test it. However, you shouldn't need it to load it on G8. If you put it on G8.1, you can then apply any of your G8 characters to G8.1 as well. G8.1 should be able to wear most all of G8's clothing also. Even though things don't really move backwards from 8.1 to 8, most things move forward from 8 to 8.1, aside from expression presets and maybe a few other odds and ends. You could try testing out applying your character(s) on G8.1, and if it works, maybe it will still be worth buying for you?

• Quasar said:

I'm not sure if it will load on G8M by default. There may be a way to associate it to G8, but I don't have it to test it. However, you shouldn't need it to load it on G8. If you put it on G8.1, you can then apply any of your G8 characters to G8.1 as well. G8.1 should be able to wear most all of G8's clothing also. Even though things don't really move backwards from 8.1 to 8, most things move forward from 8 to 8.1, aside from expression presets and maybe a few other odds and ends. You could try testing out applying your character(s) on G8.1, and if it works, maybe it will still be worth buying for you?

Thank you Quasar. I was thinking that hair is kind of like clothes, and G8 Clothes work on G8.1 and vice versa. I was hoping anway. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744
    edited May 2022

You can probably load the body hair into an empty space, change the scene identification, and then it will probably work on the old G8.

I don't know for sure because I don't own this product, but I think this should work.

More detailed instructions re scene identification here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2981991/#Comment_2981991

abaldwin360_6266524c6a said:

1 - Load the hair without anything else in the scene selected. (it will probably float above your figure, this is okay for now)

2 - Select the hair.

3 - On your "scene" tab, select the options dialog (it looks like an arrow with lines on it, mine is in the upper left corner of the scene tab, yours may be on the other side depending on your layout)

4 - In the menu that pops up, select "edit", then "scene identification".

5 - On the window that pops up, near the bottom there will be an option for "compatibility base" with a dropdown menu. Off to the side of the menu there will be a button with three dots (like ... ) click this button.

6 - Scroll down until you see genesis 8, and under genesis 8, select "female".

7 - Click "accept".

8 - Now fit the hair to your figure by selecting it and selecting "fit to" and then your figure.

9 - The hair will now fit to your figure with all the bones and morphing albites intact.

You can do this with just about any hair designed for genesis 3 on a genesis 8 figure.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • I loaded a heavily morphed G8M and applied the M3D Fiber Body Hairs (all of them) to it.  I did not use the Scene ID technique, instead, I let the pieces fit as unsupported.  The hair morphs loaded fine and work as expected.  The armpit hairs weren't visible (probably inside the torso due to the figure's extreme morphs.). That was the only issue that I saw in my brief test.

Sorry that I didn't have time to try the Scene ID technique (I normally do that when fitting items from different generations to another.)

Anyway, the product seems to work on G8M and would likely give better loading results after changing the Scene Identification (which is easy.)

Lee

• Hylas said:

You can probably load the body hair into an empty space, change the scene identification, and then it will probably work on the old G8.

I don't know for sure because I don't own this product, but I think this should work.

More detailed instructions re scene identification here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2981991/#Comment_2981991

abaldwin360_6266524c6a said:

1 - Load the hair without anything else in the scene selected. (it will probably float above your figure, this is okay for now)

2 - Select the hair.

3 - On your "scene" tab, select the options dialog (it looks like an arrow with lines on it, mine is in the upper left corner of the scene tab, yours may be on the other side depending on your layout)

4 - In the menu that pops up, select "edit", then "scene identification".

5 - On the window that pops up, near the bottom there will be an option for "compatibility base" with a dropdown menu. Off to the side of the menu there will be a button with three dots (like ... ) click this button.

6 - Scroll down until you see genesis 8, and under genesis 8, select "female".

7 - Click "accept".

8 - Now fit the hair to your figure by selecting it and selecting "fit to" and then your figure.

9 - The hair will now fit to your figure with all the bones and morphing albites intact.

You can do this with just about any hair designed for genesis 3 on a genesis 8 figure.

Thanks so much!