no materials will add to geoshell

khryss666khryss666 Posts: 33

i cant get any materials to add to geoshell ... 

this is for chipped finger and toenails they come in a set called cosmetics ... but you cant use them together ... ive asked the maked and they said it was fixed .. well it is not 

and so i tried to create my own geo shells and apply literaly ANYTHING to them and nothing will apply ... any help would be great

Post edited by khryss666 on

Comments

• Which figure, and which version of Daz Studio? Is the relevant section of the shell visible? Have you tried rendering?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Does the geoshell (or at least the part of it you're trying to affect) have the right shader on it?

• khryss666khryss666 Posts: 33
    edited June 2022

@Richard .. gen 8 base female daz 4.19-20 .. using the geoshells that come with cosmetics yes if i use only 1 .. fingernails or toenails it works soon as i try to ad other they all go black ... using the geoshell i made nothing will apply at all  ..yes i can see that the shell is applyed ... no rendering does not help

@gordig .. nope says it applied and i can undo it ... but it is not in surfaces under that shell

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

khryss666 said:

@gordig .. nope says it applied and i can undo it ... but it is not in surfaces under that shell

What do you mean. Geoshells initiates at least in the newest release with 3DL shader, so in order to use it with Iray you have to first apply Iray Uber. 

edited June 2022

@felis ... where is this "iray uber" located so i can apply it? i found where it should be ... but it is not there

edited June 2022

You should be able to find Iray Uber Shader in Smart Content > Shaders > Iray and you then type "uber" in the search bar. You might have to untick 'Filter by content'.

Or in Content Library: Shader Preset > Iray > Daz Uber

Post edited by felis on
    edited June 2022

found it ... but still no matter what i do it will not apply both at same time ... apply one its there ... apply second .. first dissapears and vice versa

Could you try post some screenshots how you surface settings look before and after, and tell which shader you are trying to apply?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Try increasing the offset of the 2nd geoshell as it sound like you are trying to apply 2 geoshells in the same space as this won't work

edited July 2022

Pltnumk .. tried that did nothing ... also tried creating my own geoshell , only switching the nails (hands and feet) to on and everything else off... and could get nothing at all to apply to it .. not even normal random shaders

felis .. pics attached though i dont see how they will help (as i cant get a full screenshot of surface settings)

hands only .jpg
    711 x 404 - 27K
    added toe geo.jpg
    710 x 401 - 28K
    addedchipped.jpg
    709 x 399 - 27K
    surface nail only.png
    1920 x 1080 - 836K
    surface foot after.png
    1920 x 1080 - 890K

Inyour 3rd image it shows that your geoshell is 3DL. And you cannot apply an Iray material to that.

You have to first select the geoshell in the scene tab and select all surfaces in the surface tab and apply 'Iray Uber'. That will convert it to Iray, and then you can apply the Iray material.

felis ... tried that all it does is turn them white and still nothing will apply

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited July 2022

It has nothing to do with shaders.  The Iray shader is applied with the materials, just like with any other geoshell product.

For fingernails:

1-Select Character in Scene

2-Make sure you are using the fingernail geoshell, and not the toenail geoshell.  IDK why they're not labelled properly, but one picture shows a toe, and the other a finger.

3-Load CP 35 Geoshell.  A geoshell Nailpolish Chipped will be loaded and parented to the character.

4-Select Geoshell

5-Apply chipped colour. Make sure you're selecting fingernails, and not toenails. The black didn't work for me at first, so I tried another colour and then the black worked. Don't know why and don't care.  If I get what I want eventually with Daz Studio, I don't ask questions because that way madness lies.

The gloss settings don't appear to work with chipped nails.  They're satin finish.

Fishnet stockings sold separately.

Post edited by Sevrin on

severin ... ok yep got that far ... now try to add the toenails as well ...so both hands and feet have chipped nails