53rd Bryce Render Challenge! ( Finished)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

adbc - I do not comment proportions, I do those wrong very often. Nevertheless, I like this version better because the ship is not cut off at the left edge like on the first version.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

adbc, I like this one better, both for the better proportions and the fact that the ship is not cut off anymore.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Adbc - i agree with others this version looks much better, I also have problems with proportions.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Horo, Hansmar, mermaid : thank you.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Thank you mermaid, adbc, yellow pen, ed3d, NGartplay and Hansmar.

@adbc: I thought the proportions were better before. The ship is a big freighter. If I now compare the dinghies and the windows of the plane, I think it fits less than before.

edited July 2022

@drachenlordsthanks for your comment, this becomes confusing, I know that I  have a problem with the proportions, if I look at them both, I think the second one is more realistic, did not really want it to look real. Well .... I suppose that what matters is participating.

My second entry : gondola. The buildings (untextured) from Sketchfab(VFC), the gondola and figure : open 3D all free.

gondola.jpg
    800 x 450 - 59K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - nice idea and well done entry of a Venice like place.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

adbc: very nice entry. I love the light.

Adbc - awesome 2nd entry, beautiful lighting and reflections.

Horo, Yellow Pen, mermaid : thank you.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2022

And Then ~  not sure If  an Entry , but okay _  thanx

BIG_YELLO-SUB 1da.png
    1280 x 720 - 630K
    Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D - any entry is better than none and here you did a nice job.

ed3D - I agree with Horo, a sub is a sort of transport

edited July 2022

drachenlords, Looking again at both works by adbc, I think you have a point regarding adbc's first render. Maybe the first one was indeed better, physically, Though as a picture, I think I still like the second one better.

adbc, Sorry for maybe misleading you a bit. Anyway, another suggestion would be to modify the balance of the render by putting the plane more to the right? And the Venetian gondola render is wonderful. I really love the textures and lights.

ed3D, nice toon-like submarine.

I made two renders of the same scene. I think this time I am going for a cartoon-look and submit the second one, just because I have not done this before. The weird flying thing was inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's moving castle. I made it in Hexagon (largely) and by adding some elements in Bryce. I am aware that it is much more simple and very far from the majestic moving castle made by the Studio Ghibli. But it would take me far too much time to get anywhere close and still create a render. Nevertheless, I hope you appreciate the idea. The grey gentlemen to the right are Greylings (posed in DAZ Studio).  And the UFO belongs to their series. There are two mixed terrains, a few textured spheres for the effects in the sky and an HDRI from fantastic skies. Furthermore some 200 visible lights as additional stars. Lighting by a combination of HDRI and sun and a fill light (internal direction) around the castle.

For the second version (my submission, I think) I decided that the inspiration is an animation, I went for a more cartoon-like approach. I partly followed the tutorial by David Brinnen on stylized render. But, since I do not own the stylized rendering set or the assymetrical lens, I stopped halfway and simply used the render from the scene itself.

H_s starcastle.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 498K
    H_s starcastle_style_final.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 452K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar both versions are very nicely done, I like both

Hansmar - both renders are well done. The toon one is very charming and catches the eye (mine) more.

ed3D : beautiful scene, I like the submarine.

Hansmar : thanks for your comment, drachenlords has a point, I agree with what you mention about the balance of the render. I'll redo it later on. 

Starcastle : awesome idea, very well done scene, both interesting, the toon version has my preference.

Mermaid, Horo, adbc, Thank you very much.

edited July 2022

Mermaid010 , Horo, adbc,  Hansmar  = Thank you very much.

made with Blender 2.79b 

2BIG-SUBMARINE 1A.png
    1920 x 1025 - 207K
    2BIG-SUBMARINE 1B.png
    1920 x 1017 - 288K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

ed3d: I love your Submarine - beautiful Entry.

Hansmar: Nice entries all. Nice Idea to let your second Picture looks like a cartoon from the first... Beautiful Idea.

edited July 2022

Third redo of first entry "freight". I started with the first render, made the boat a tad smaller, moved it (to remove the cut off) also moved the plane to the right without resizing.

Hope I have it right this time.

freight 3.jpg
    960 x 639 - 100K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - I like this best.

Yellow Pen said:

ed3d: I love your Submarine - beautiful Entry.

Hansmar: Nice entries all. Nice Idea to let your second Picture looks like a cartoon from the first... Beautiful Idea.

Thanks so  much. 

edited July 2022

Horo said:

adbc - I like this best.

+ 1   pretty good &  the blue just  gives it  cool look   ~    yes

Post edited by ed3D on

Adbc -third time lucky, wink cool result.  I also have problems with scaling and proportions.

Horo, ed3D, mermaid : thank you.

adbc said:

Horo, ed3D, mermaid : thank you.

And  you're quite welcome   ~

Yellow Pen, Thanks.

adbc, yes, keep it like this.

Hansmar : thank you but also for the good advice.

adbc, That's the strength of this forum, is it not? To help each other where possible.