All Content is Missing

A system cleanup deleted some file required by DAZStudio. A re-installation seems to have fixed the problem except that all of my Smart Content wants to be installed. I don't have the time or the bandwidth to re-install of the products I have already installed. How can I fix this issue? I'm sure this has been asked before, but my forum searches didn't turn up any useful articles. Thanks in advance for any assistant. I an running version 4.20 on a pc with Windows 10.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

How did you originally install the products?

• Is the content still showing in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats and/or Poser Formats?

• All of the content was originally installed using DAZ Studio or the DIM. Not a fan of DAZ Central, but it shows recent purchases. As far as finding the products in the Content Library, that seems to be a hit or miss situation. That might be because I haven't had it do a search since some new purchases.

• DAZ Central also indicates that all of my DAZ assets need to be installed. 

• Daz central and Install manager use the .dsx files in the Manifests folder to track what they have installed and where - presuambly that is gone or not where the installer is looking for it. It has nothing to do with whether or not the content shows in Daz Studio, however.

The content installed through Daz Studio will not show - even if the files are still there, without the original database Daz Studio doesn't know about them. The oens you do see are presumably the ones installed through Install Manager - you should be bale to get those back into Smart Content by opening the Content Library option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner orr ight-click the tab), selecting Content DB Maintenance, and checking Reimport Metadata - that will also reimport any user data (your own files and categorisations) that you may have exported.

• I wanted to thank everyone for their assistance. Because of you, I was able to retrieve a large amount of the purchased items. I will have to re-install the rest as needed.