G8 Separate arms from body

Hi, How would I separate my G8 arms from the rest of the body to use for an fps view, while keeping the animations working, and would it be possible to cut clothing to fit the arms also or would I need to export to another program to achieve this. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• You can hide the unwanted bones, which will then not be sent to the render engine. if this is for a game engine then you probably need to say which.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062
    edited July 2022

Possibly use something like 'Divisible' from MsFrankie on Renderosity (no gore or anything icky in that set).

You'd need to cut the arms off the body of one G8 and fit the limb caps properly and apply materials properly, then on another two G8's, cut the body off the left & right arms and fit the limb caps. Finally, apply the same pose to each of the armless figure, left arm and right arm figures. Having done this the join should be close to invisible. Now you can animate all three characters and have the limbs fly off when needed.

Regards,

Richard

BTW, MsFrankie has done a freebie standalone for G8F of extras to the 'Divisible' set which may be of use too, and may be sufficient for your needs on its own without spending anything. For an example of the way the 'Divisible' set amputates a limb, look at the image below:

Imagine another G8 with only the foot remaining, then posing the two together. Think that'd do.

Post edited by richardandtracy on