[closed] Expressions for Little Ones a no show

robrossrobross Posts: 46
edited September 2022 in New Users

Hello,

I purchased Expressions for Little Ones, hoping to get some adobable expressions for young kids. Installed using DazCentral. It doesn't show in products. And when I try to open it using DazCentral, I receive message "could not find the '23547' product".  I really want these to work. The expressions were for Genesis 3 male and female characters. Any suggestions???

Post edited by robross on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

Are you looking for files in Smart Content/Content Library to apply? Most expression products only appear as dials under Pose Controls.

• robrossrobross Posts: 46

Doesn't appear in smart content or content library.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 894

I'm not familiar with the product, but have you checked in the parameters pane to see if they are expression dials?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431

Gordig said:

Are you looking for files in Smart Content/Content Library to apply? Most expression products only appear as dials under Pose Controls.

I own this product, and just checked the installed files in DIM. This is exactly what's happening here. There are no user-facing files to appear in Smart Content or Products; just dials that will automatically load with the figure. 

Performed an experiment. Created a Genesis 8 female and Genesis 3 female. The dials show up for Genesis 3 female expressions but not for 8. Is there some way to convert Genesis 3 expressions to Genesis 8?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298
    https://www.daz3d.com/expressions-for-little-ones

"Compatible Figures: Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male"

The product is for G3 males and females, it does not work with G8

Thank you, PerttiA. Does anyone know how to convert expressions from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8?

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 502
    edited August 2022

It's not optimal, but a workaround would be to create the expression with a G3 character, then save a pose preset, then apply that preset to the G8 character.

To avoid changing anything else about the character when applying the saved pose, when saving you want to uncheck everything in the Pose Preset Save Options dialog, then go in and select only the relevant body parts (in this case, Expressions). 

Pose save dialog.png
    697 x 1035 - 112K
    Post edited by Chezjuan on

Thank you, Chezjuan. I'll try that.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 502
    edited August 2022

ronake said:

Thank you, Chezjuan. I'll try that.

I just realized that there are some considerations for the above work-around. In some cases the dials in a set work different in different ways, which would change if and how my earlier advice works. 

The underlying reason is that you need to have the same morphs available for both Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 for the shape to load properly. 

• In some cases, dials in expression packs just change other dials, providing a quick way to make a change. For example, a smile dial might change the brow, eyes, cheeks, jaw, nose and mouth. In cases like that, the above will work as long as you have the same dials available for the Genesis 8 figure. 
    • In other cases, the dials change the transform settings on the individual bones (similar to poses). For that, you actually need to save the figure's transforms for the bones in the head. In thinking more about this, I  discovered  remenbered that you can save the transforms and pose controls for the figure in the same place. See the screenshot below.
    • Other dials use custom morphs and load them. If custom morphs are used and are not available for the other generation, then you cannot save the pose preset. 

Based on the above, I would recommend saving the transforms and pose controls as it would cover the first two bullets in one go. You need to be choosy about what you select if the character has other transforms or pose settings. For example, if you set the characters eyes to look to the left, but load a pose preset that has the eyes looking forward, the eyes will change to the preset's setting. I have had some poorly saved poses do things like turn the head or even set the rest of the character back to a zero pose. That last one was with a "shoe fitting" pose - applying it set the feet but zeroed out the character because the vendor saved the entire body, and had set the foot pose on a zeroed character.

The screenshot below is an example of what I would generally select to save a dialed-in expression if it did not load a custom morph.

Pose save dialog 2.png
    706 x 1113 - 175K
    Post edited by Chezjuan on