G8F Waving Poses

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
edited August 2022 in Freebies

Just an oddball set of poses where G8F is Waving at all and sundry. In one she's so enthusiastic she's jumping up and down. In another, she's so demure that she's yelling at the person she's waving to...

Just 5 poses, mirrors and a zero pose. The promo image is a collage of each pose's 512pixel square tip image. 

Hope they may be of use one day.

Regards,

Richard.

G8F Waving 01 to 05 Promo.png
800 x 800 - 736K
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

Thanks for the new poses.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    edited August 2022

While I am on a roll, I thought I would do another few waving poses. The character is CB Guilia with Miranda hair. Again, poses, mirrors and a zero. The collage is from the 256x512 pixel .tip images.

Hope they will be useful.

Regards,

Richard.

G8F Waving 06 to 10 Promo.png
    800 x 800 - 724K
    zip
    zip
    G8F Waving 06 to 10.zip
    1M
  • My thanks for the sets too :-)

Quite certain they'll be useful.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited September 2022

Here's one of the new characters with one of my face morphs added to the mixture ... and a certain somebody's waving pose ;-)

{I flattened the feet}

Eve Waving.png
    1000 x 1000 - 319K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,049
    edited September 2022

I like that, Catherine.

I am always in two minds about doing poses in heels or flats. It seems wrong to do in heels, as if stereotyping. But, on the other hand, the larger proportion of female shoes are heels, so it's likely to be closer to what will fit the clothing used. I am left vascilating on this. I have tried to do limited 'Heels/flats' poses affecting the feet only to apply to correct the feet for one or the other, but they never seem to work properly on my characters, so I don't want to inflict something experimental on my adoring freebie consumers any unsuspecting victims.

I may try a foot flattening script designed to have limited use, roughly as below:

​Toes Bend = Toes Bend - Metatarsles Bend;Metatarsles Bend = 0;

Hopefully that would keep the foot bend correct and keep the toes parallel with where they were before be metatarsal bend accomodating the high heel was cancelled. I may try it out in the next few days (can't tonight - busy sorting out my PIL's house for their separate returns from hospital).

Regards

Richard

• Thank you for the poses, these look great. Next up, poses for G9 :D

• Hmm. I liked the presentation yesterday. But regardless of how much I like G9/V9 it doesn't expand the capacity of my GPU. 6Gb probably is hopelessly inadequate. Regards, Richard.
  • When G9 comes out, we can replace the entire batch of skins with plain cloth ;-) [i.e. real skin tone full square textures] and then test out the pose features, etc. There is a PA working on a pose converter [probably another product to purchase].

• I vaguely got the impression from the presentation yesterday that the pose converter for G8 to G9 might be built in to DS 4.21, but I may be wrong.
  • Well, I've decided that I can't afford to invest in another new generation, so I won't bother with G9. (I also said that about G8 and G3 – didn't work!)  :)

• G8/8.1 has actually been a very long lived generation (Q3? 2017 to Q4 2022), so it's not surprising it has now being replaced. But it makes sense to get the most out of your investment by continuing with the old stuff as long as possible. I regard G8/8.1 as only having one moderate problem - getting opposible thumbs within the limits set for gripping things like pens etc. It's very hard to get G8/8.1 to grip properly. So, I rather feel that there is no desperate urge to move fast to G9 as it's way beyond what my current hardware can cope with, and probably a bit beyond what the hardware I was considering to replace my current hardware can cope with.

It's probable I'll keep doing G8 poses for a good while yet.

Regards,

Richard

• Since I only started a year ago I rarely use G3 figures except for some unique skins. I have pre ordered victoria and am curious how that will perform, I have an 3060 12gb so vram wise i should be ok.
    What it looked like in the presentation is that the converter was build into studio. I just wish they would auto convert instead of using an setting.