CMS problems

I ran out of space on my laptop's hardrive. I bought an external drive and installed my daz content using the latest DIM (fresh download). When I fired up DAZ, I got the CMS error. Hit the "Start CMS" button and then attempted login. Got the CMS error again. Un-installed DAZ and reinstalled.Still got the CMS error. Turned my Norton firewall completely off. Still got CMS error.

My content shows up in the content library, not in smart content. Daz Central will install products correctly but not allow me to access them. Gives me a "cannot find product #### error

Comments

• Is PostgreSQL actually installed? Where is the database (Content Cluster - in Daz Studio Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac, and look in the CMS Settings tab?

• tophandtophand Posts: 120

Doesn't DIM install PostgreSQL on the initial panel?  How do I find out if it installed?

Capture.JPG
    510 x 287 - 21K

I am making some progress. Now my content shows in both content library and in smart content. However, in smart content it shows as un-installed. . 

• Are you sure Daz Studio and the installer are using the same content paths? Did you install before or after resolving the CMS issue?

edited September 2022

I cleared space on my C: drive and reinstalled using DIM.  I *think* they are using the the same directory. My Content Library works. Smart Content does not. Smart Content shows content as if it needs to be installed. If I install an item thru Smart Content, it installs it to the cloud

Capture.JPG
    543 x 275 - 30K
    Capture2.JPG
    840 x 261 - 27K
    Post edited by tophand on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,415

You see products as not installed in "Smart" content because you are logging in to DS and when logged in, DS will check the DAZ servers, which products you have bought and suggests that you install them (again) within DS - This is not necessary.

If you are using DIM to install your content, there is no reason to log in to DS. Logging in to DS is only needed when you choose to install content within DS and then it will use another location for the installations. Any content installed within DS, will override content installed by all the other means (DIM/DAZ Central/Manual installation) even when the content installed within DS doesn't work (happens quite often)

Set your startup options in DS as in the attachment and uninstall all the content that has been installed within DS (in "Smart" Content using DAZ Connect)

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K

Thank you!   And, as to your quote, what the heck do I do will all that remaining memory if I pay all the extra money for 640k?  

Rats!  didn't work. set startup to capture file. What would happen if I ran dim again without actually deleting my content?  I have a fair sized library and it takes forever to delete.

Maybe I should spend a ton of money and upgrade to 640k. Maybe Gates is right. You don't become a billionaire by accident. Do you think my 5 1/4" floppy drives will still work?

Capture.JPG
    491 x 270 - 20K

got it going!  thanks guys