Help moving file manually to DAZ

I bought a few items from other render sites and need to manually install them. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of files upon files. I tried to follow the link I have set up for downloaded content through Daz Cental (DIM has been having issues since I had to move everything over to an external drive). I've unzipped and extracted the content and tried to place the files into folders as follows:

F:/Daz3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ3D/Dazstudio4/scripts/applications/64-bit/DAZ3D/Dazstudio4

I'm not sure why the files have doubled up like that ^.

Any help would be great, sorry for the stupdity. 

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,012
    edited September 2022

Hmm, somewhere you have most all of your D/S content put, manually copy over the new content to the identical folders.

Depending upon setup or whatever: Content = My Library

For my setup it is My Library, so for example:

My Library > data > ....

My Library > People > Genesis 8 Female > ....

My Library > Props > ....

My Library > Runtime > Textures > ....

{n.b. normally do NOT install into the program folders}

3rd party content is then findable using the Content Pane {not the Smart Content}

Finding Content.png
    944 x 762 - 147K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,455

Instructions for manual installation

ManualInstallation.jpg
    793 x 1120 - 199K
  • To add to the above, if you are installing content from other sites, it is recommend that you use the content directory in your user directory, not the main Daz Studio directory (where it installs all the content purchased in the Daz store). This is to prevent items purchased from the Daz store from getting messed up if an installed file overwrites something, and to keep your 3rd party content from getting messed up if Daz does something to the directory in an update.