Free Animations for DAZ People...

2»

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531

Thanks for the heads up. However devotees of the Insane Clown Posse may take umbrage with Mixamos logo.

You're assuming Juggalos can use computers. cheeky

I downloaded all the free BVH files. Has anyone else noticed that the right collar bone seems to shrug up too high like the figure is doing an impersonation of Riff Raff? Other than that all the files seem to work fine on Genesis.

riff raff.png
    1000 x 800 - 351K
  • Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

I downloaded all the free BVH files. Has anyone else noticed that the right collar bone seems to shrug up too high like the figure is doing an impersonation of Riff Raff? Other than that all the files seem to work fine on Genesis.

All 2400+? surprise Nice work! smiley

You could try and adjust the rigging by manually reassigning the various nodes (see picture).

But somehow, it seems the auto- and manual-rigged node layout from a DAZ character  BVH- or FBX-export imported at Mixamo don't match exactly that what it really is in Studio. So far I tried many different FBX formats, and I guess that DAZ's FBX exporter doesn't work that exact as it should. Me too always get discrepancies when importing a motion from the figure rigged in Mixamo's auto-rigger. The animation works superbly in Mixamo's previewer, but importing it to the same figure in Studio get's some more or less weird results.

Too bad for you people that Mixamo dropped their Victoria 4 and Michael 4 figures a while ago. sad

Manual_Rigging.jpg
    1366 x 528 - 95K
    Arnold C. said:

All 2400+? surprise Nice work! smiley

Oh there's that many!? I guess I didn't download them all. I'm going to have to go back and look and see what I missed. I only downloaded a couple hundred animations. Saddly they all want to do the time warp again.

Oh there's that many!? I guess I didn't download them all. I'm going to have to go back and look and see what I missed. I only downloaded a couple hundred animations. Saddly they all want to do the time warp again.

Yep. smiley Currently, and for the time being until Adobe starts to charge again, all animations and characters from their entire catalog are free. Any item residing within your Assets when that changes would still be there and still be free of charge. So you wouldn't need to compulsorily download them all just now, just put them into your Assets.

The "Free Test Pack" is a remnant of the old times when Mixamo wasn't owned by Adobe and used to charge between $10,- and $30,- per animation and the pack was just a teaser.

Is there a "download all at once" link?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Yes there is if I remember good. You can download files in groups I think, there should be option for that after selcting files.

Is there a "download all at once" link?

Yes there is if I remember good. You can download files in groups I think, there should be option for that after selcting files.

Well, in some way. From your assets the animations need to be applied to your chosen character first. If you choose a pack from the store's front page, all animations within that pack will be applied to currently selected character and they will also be selectable and downloadable as a pack. When you click on "Queue Download", the zip-file you get will contain all the animations contained in that pack (plus a default "T-Pose" file if you don't select the "No Character" download option).

Single animations from within the catalog can be combined to a user defined package by clicking on the "+ ADD TO PACK" button at the previewer. Then there will be a package appear, named "In-Progress" by default. Subsequently choose the animations you want your package to contain, and you even be able to give it a diffent name and save it for further use. Once satisfied, click on the Queue Download button and your customized package will then be wrapped up as a zip-file. But be aware that the more animations your package includes, the more time it will take for the download queuer to wrap them up alltogether, so I wouldn't wrap all 2400+ animations in a single customized pack. laugh

The "Pro Packs" contain up to around 50 different motion files, so I'd go with an amount similar to that. When you leftclick into the "Search" box you'll be given the option to apply filter for different "Genre" themes. When combining motions not already contained in a pack on the store's front page, I choose the name of the genre they belong to and add a number to easy localize in which zip I did put them. smiley 

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited July 2016

Our of curiosity, has anyone yet found a clean solution to importing Mixamo animations back into Daz Studio? Even on M4/V4, is post-conversion clean-up always necessary?

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Wondering about this myself. I couldn't get any to work correctly.

A solution, thanks to DigiDotz: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1504006/#Comment_1504006. Works nicely. smiley

• Think I missed this party :(  Are these animations still freely available or has that window closed?

Thanks

• Think I missed this party :(  Are these animations still freely available or has that window closed?

Thanks

They're still available for free. If that only applies to those who have been Mixamo customers pre August 22 2017 I can't say for sure.

Due to some policy changes by Adobe/Mixamo, rigged animations and own characters aren't stored under ones accounts "Assets" anymore as of August 22 2017, and unfortunately the .BVH option has been also removed from the "Download Formats", leaving only "FBX", "FBX for Unity" and "Collada", with all the difficulties importing those into DAZ Studio.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited November 2017

Answer this...why is it when you have two people in an animation, and you move one over some (the dial will change from zero to ---), then you start the animation, that figure will jump back to zero and follow the rest of the animation as it was in the beginning. Only that one frame will list the new setting instead of zero. Do you have to do each frame seperately? That would take forever. Isn't there a way to dial in your setting, then apply it to the figure through the entire animation? I am new at this animation thing.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited November 2017
    music2u4u said:

why is it when you have two people in an animation, and you move one over some (the dial will change from zero to ---), then you start the animation, that figure will jump back to zero and follow the rest of the animation as it was in the beginning. Only that one frame will list the new setting instead of zero. Do you have to do each frame seperately? That would take forever. Isn't there a way to dial in your setting, then apply it to the figure through the entire animation? I am new at this animation thing.

DAZ Studio's "Timeline" tab or aniMate?

In aniMate, make sure you have the figure itself selected in the scene tab (not the hip node or any other node!) before moving it around. aniMate doesn't take over any node parameter changes done in the "Parameters" tab without the aniblock set to "Keyframe Mode" and any other level than "Base" is selected first. Changing the hip node's initial X-, Y-, Z-parameters works only for the first frame, and because aniMate doesn't extrapolate the change for the following frames the figure jumps back to near 0,0,0.

Another way to move the figure around to change the starting point position for an animation is to click on the aniMate2 icon on the task bar, then point, click and hold the left mouse button onto the black rimmed white circle on the floor and by moving the mouse change its starting position.

DAZ Studio's "Timeline" tab: make it an aniBlock by rightclicking on the aniMate tab and choose the "Create aniBlock From Studio Keyframes". Then name it and "Save New aniblock". Editing offsets in the Timeline by hand is a painful process and prone to errors.

The aniMate Lite User Guide can be found here and the one for aniMate2 here. There are also lots of video tutorials on the Go Figure! website.

A.jpg
    1366 x 728 - 188K
    B.jpg
    1366 x 728 - 200K
    Post edited by Arnold C on