There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316
edited August 2023 in The Commons

Starting this thread because the mods now wish to keep the old thread for sales issues only. Please post discussions here but continue to direct sales issues to that thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/606351/new-genesis-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-there-s-always-another-sale#latest

New reporting thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/639576/hot-new-northern-season-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Thanx, Charlie.  You forgot the '™' in the title, tho'... wink

• Why do new clothing products not have promo pics of material zones? Most clothing products do have the grey model promo but no material zones pics.  There was a period where all new products were getting material zone propmo pics but that has ceased.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

MachineClaw said:

Why do new clothing products not have promo pics of material zones? Most clothing products do have the grey model promo but no material zones pics.  There was a period where all new products were getting material zone propmo pics but that has ceased.

I agree that I like it much better when clothes showed its material zones.  Gives you a better idea if it will work for your purposes. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 254

Eveybody will move to this thread and Mods will hijack it again anyway.laugh

• I think it's me who broke it. I said something nice about the sale, and their whole bleeping world collapsed. :D

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

Charlie Judge said:

Starting this thread because the mods now wish to keep the old thread for sales issues only. Please post discussions here but continue to direct sales issues to that thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/606351/new-genesis-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-there-s-always-another-sale#latest

I saw on another thread where you mentioned you have Fluidos companion.  I don't have Fluidos yet, but it is on my list of things to get when it is a good deal since I have tons to learn.  With that said, Fluidos companion can be picked up today for $2.99.  How do you feel about Fluidos 1 and 2.  How do you feel about Fluidos companion, and do you think it is worth picking it up at $2.99 if I was to plan on getting Fluidos II later on?

Thanks. :) 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

marcus.ames said:

I think it's me who broke it. I said something nice about the sale, and their whole bleeping world collapsed. :D

....I thought it was my critiques.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316

Nobody broke it. It was the mods who wanted to change it from its original purpose. So, now we have this shiny new thread to serve that purpose.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,342

Hooray for shiny new threads!

• MachineClaw said:

Why do new clothing products not have promo pics of material zones? Most clothing products do have the grey model promo but no material zones pics.  There was a period where all new products were getting material zone propmo pics but that has ceased.

Showing / not showing the material zones can make or break many sales for me ... I do a lot of retexturing ... and if I see good material zones it is a much more likely sale.

However, the new Genesis 9 series has terrible material zones for my use ... but I might fix it on the base model (essentially retexture my own base model) and then use that for every single character that gets dialed in rather than using the 'actor'  or 'character' button. 

....would love to have material zones designated for hair as well.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 109

Surely it would have been easier to just start a new thread for reporting issues, rather than hijacking a discussion thread for that purpose.

Oh well. :)

I like how todays incentive to buy (from a mostly G9 selection) is a now pretty old, free G3 character

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

yay sale thread yes

Today'd grab bag looked exciting at first but once I started doing calulations It was not that great ^_^.

Weird that the hair sale is inside new release banner but has 0 benefit fro new item. It should have been a separate banner.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729

kyoto kid said:

Absoulutely agree with this. I love the promos that show material zones on outfits.

Maybe a big warning for outfits that are actually 'one-piece' and not kit-bashable. I accidentally bought two recently and checked finally the word salad and saw that yes, a lot of mess, but no reference to Boots, Pants, Shirts, Hat.... One is okay, but I still have to test the other. I really only wanted it for the bits, not the full look.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,342

memcneil70 said:

kyoto kid said:

Absoulutely agree with this. I love the promos that show material zones on outfits.

Maybe a big warning for outfits that are actually 'one-piece' and not kit-bashable. I accidentally bought two recently and checked finally the word salad and saw that yes, a lot of mess, but no reference to Boots, Pants, Shirts, Hat.... One is okay, but I still have to test the other. I really only wanted it for the bits, not the full look.  

I know what you mean, that's always a bummer. But you can often hide the parts you don't need if they've their own material zones, or even delete them with the geometry editor. That's actually pretty easy. Doesn't help you much though of course if you're after a shirt and half of that is simply missing once you deleted the skirt it was tucked into. But many other times, it works. So hope you can fix the stuff you bought that way!

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    Tomhip said:

Today'd grab bag looked exciting at first but once I started doing calulations It was not that great ^_^.

Weird that the hair sale is inside new release banner but has 0 benefit fro new item. It should have been a separate banner.

I cleared my cart lol
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316

XiousDs said:

Charlie Judge said:

I saw on another thread where you mentioned you have Fluidos companion.  I don't have Fluidos yet, but it is on my list of things to get when it is a good deal since I have tons to learn.  With that said, Fluidos companion can be picked up today for $2.99.  How do you feel about Fluidos 1 and 2.  How do you feel about Fluidos companion, and do you think it is worth picking it up at $2.99 if I was to plan on getting Fluidos II later on?

Thanks. :) 

I'm sorry I missed this earlier. But, anyway, I really couldn't give you a good opinion because I have only tried them once or twice quite awhile ago and haven't yet taken the time to really learn them 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

getting some nice flash sales so maybe staff reading threads

edited January 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

getting some nice flash sales so maybe staff reading threads

Polish and 3Duniverse sale at the same time? This may be the final blow for my wallet :P

Post edited by Tomhip on

memcneil70 said:

kyoto kid said:

...I picked up one but  for some reason cannot change the textures and there are no alternate textures that come with it or sold separately. I also create game characters and often kitbash outfits not just components but changing the textures. it is as if there is some sort of overlay on this one as in OpenGL mode this can see the new texture, but whenever I switch to Iray View or render it still has the default texture. I put up a thread on another forum but still no real concrete or simple solutions.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-seljuk-turkish-princess-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

I have tried everything I could and cannot change the textures dress or shirt part (it isn't because of hierarchical materials as I can swap in other textures on those with no trouble).   As it is G8 item and we are now apparently solidly in "G9-land",I don't expect a separate textures set to be released so I may just return it as I'm still within the 30 days of purchase.  Pity, it's a nice clothing set.

....yeah  my purchasing is going down manly because everything new is G9 and out seems you need a "new featured release" (which is usually G9 based) to unlock discounts and special offers. I'm tapped out when it comes to upgrading to a new figure. 

Slowly getting what I need for G8 in the way of resoruce content when it is on sale.  Have both Xtransfer and Bone Minion for transferring G3 poses to G8 as well as Skin Builder 8 and Slosh's UHT hair utilities (which will save me a fair amount of zlotys)  The nice thing is both G3 and G8 share the same basic mesh and UI.

WIth G9, I'd have to re purchase just about everything all over again, a "no go" on a fixed income.

...hmm, 40 min past Daz "Zero Hour" and the store still hasn't switched over. 

• kyoto kid said:

....yeah  my purchasing is going down manly because everything new is G9 and out seems you need a "new featured release" (which is usually G9 based) to unlock discounts and special offers. I'm tapped out when it comes to upgrading to a new figure. 

Slowly getting what I need for G8 in the way of resoruce content when it is on sale.  Have both Xtransfer and Bone Minion for transferring G3 poses to G8 as well as Skin Builder 8 and Slosh's UHT hair utilities (which will save me a fair amount of zlotys)  The nice thing is both G3 and G8 share the same basic mesh and UI.

WIth G9, I'd have to re purchase just about everything all over again, a "no go" on a fixed income.

I feel just the same. I started DAZ with G8 in June of 2022 and I REALLY don't want to start all over with G9 while I still have G8 stuff I want and all. Moreover the G9 model didn't strike me as better enough to make such a drastic and expensive change.  

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

kyoto kid said:

Thank you for confirming I'm not the only one. 

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350

N00b4Ever said:

kyoto kid said:

Same here.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

N00b4Ever said:

kyoto kid said:

I see it switched. 

• Still have yesterday's pages as well. 

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Cris Palomino said:

N00b4Ever said:

kyoto kid said:

I see it switched. 

Interesting. I tried both Chrome and Firefox, clearing the cashe and nothing. It's still the old promos 

• Seems broken, 

" 55% OFF¥ Featured Artist Stores

OR 65% OFF¥* when you buy 2+ of them"

I put two of them and one (that was 30%) is at 46 % and the other one is at 22%...

This discussion has been closed.