Black House - Bathroom set, impossible to render

What's wrong with the Black House Bathroom product ?  

After removing all unnecesary items in the scene, even some wall that are attached to the main set, DAZ crashes during renders.

I haven't included any character into the scene, just the props and yet my computer can't handle it and my PC is quite beefy. I have no trouble rendering wthe main product (Black House with entrence expansion)

But for some reason the bathroom is a no go for rendering...anyone could pull off a render with 1 character at least ??

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

How big was the installation file and what is "quite a beefy" computer?

• The size is around 400MB and as for my computer it has 64MB RAM, 2080ti for GPU.

As I mentioned, I got no problem with the entrance expansion, it renders fine even with two characters in the scene.

• refunded.

• There is probably a single item that is/was the problem.

When that has happened to me before, the only remedy was delete 1 item at a time to find the culprit.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,484
    edited February 2023

hansmolleman33 said:

Normally I wonder if the toilet seat exists and does it the lid exist or raise. But I guess this matters not, if a toilet doesn't exist. I own plenty of products from this PA but the vision, the story, to me, makes no sense. A tub in a family room, a living area? I don't get it. If it was an old west tavern, yes, no ... maybe by a stretch, but in an upper-class dwelling such as this? With modern frames on the wall? Hmmm. The story has too many holes and it could be so much better. If I were the PA, I would regroup, think Dracula, and go from there.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • There is probably a single item that is/was the problem.

When that has happened to me before, the only remedy was delete 1 item at a time to find the culprit.

This is what I think the problem is, oh well too late now. And as someone else mentioned, the bathroom doesn't make much sense. Hopefully the next room will be better.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

Not knowing what the mesh looks like exactly, and not knowing the file sizes of the particular items being rendered, this is just a guess, but I looked at the product page and the clay renders/textureless renders seem to have a lot of detail modeled in... it also appears the ceiling has an ornate medallion in the center and ornate molding running around the border... (it can be seen in the mirror's reflection)... all the details seem to modeled as opposed to faked using textures (bump maps/normals)... I know from models I've made with ornate moldings and architectural details that they can be as poly-heavy or resource demanding as a figure... if the mirror is being used in the render that too could create extra light calculation issues... The entire set seems fairly detailed with many things modeled that might otherwise have been textures... the more I look at it the more modeled details I see... Which, don't get me wrong, is extremely cool, it's just that I can see where so much detail could bog one's system down.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited February 2023

I don't know about the bathroom not making sense... Many of the old mansions of the Gilded Age had extravagant bathrooms that looked nothing like what the lavatory of even a well off commoner might...

This is a photo I took at the Phipps Mansion at Old Westbury Gardens...

The chair in the foreground is actually a toilet (I'm not kidding)... Which is kind of gross to me from a "wicker and proximity to bodily waste" perspective... but then again, cleaning such a fixture wasn't the concern of the one using it, but the staff employed to clean up such stuff.

You should see some of the other Gilded Age estates and mansions... this kind of thing was standard, and I'd say the above bathroom was modest in comparison to others both in the home and at other estates (it's off the bedroom of one of the older children, not even the "master bathroom", if I remember correctly).

The legs on the sink are solid glass... (that would be a fun addition to rendering stress) 

The odd looking door in back of the toilet is a "dumbwaiter" (mini utility elevator) and the toilet flushes via a brass button on the floor.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

McGyver said:

I don't know about the bathroom not making sense... Many of the old mansions of the Gilded Age had extravagant bathrooms that looked nothing like what the lavatory of even a well off commoner might...

This is a photo I took at the Phipps Mansion at Old Westbury Gardens...

The chair in the foreground is actually a toilet (I'm not kidding)... Which is kind of gross to me from a "wicker and proximity to bodily waste" perspective... but then again, cleaning such a fixture wasn't the concern of the one using it, but the staff employed to clean up such stuff.

You should see some of the other Gilded Age estates and mansions... this kind of thing was standard, and I'd say the above bathroom was modest in comparison to others both in the home and at other estates (it's off the bedroom of one of the older children, not even the "master bathroom", if I remember correctly).

The legs on the sink are solid glass... (that would be a fun addition to rendering stress) 

The odd looking door in back of the toilet is a "dumbwaiter" (mini utility elevator) and the toilet flushes via a brass button on the floor.

That looks great and also interesting to have as a possible render scene, if somene will dare to create.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

ArtAngel said:

hansmolleman33 said:

Normally I wonder if the toilet seat exists and does it the lid exist or raise. But I guess this matters not, if a toilet doesn't exist. I own plenty of products from this PA but the vision, the story, to me, makes no sense. A tub in a family room, a living area? I don't get it. If it was an old west tavern, yes, no ... maybe by a stretch, but in an upper-class dwelling such as this? With modern frames on the wall? Hmmm. The story has too many holes and it could be so much better. If I were the PA, I would regroup, think Dracula, and go from there.

For me it was the fireplaces that don't fit into the wall and have no connection to a chimney. 

• JOdel said:

ArtAngel said:

hansmolleman33 said:

For me it was the fireplaces that don't fit into the wall and have no connection to a chimney. 

Dangit, if Santa can't get down the chimney, how's he gonna deliver your prezzies?!??  surprisesurprisesurprise