xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
edited February 2023 in The Commons
Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2023

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

I think she looks great, but I also think she looks too similar to Jada and Jinx, who looked a little too similar for my liking as much as I liked them individually. G8 got a lot of diversity with its black characters, but now the last two G8 black females, and the first G9 black female, all look like they're related.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 422

Gordig said:

I think she looks great, but I also think she looks too similar to Jada and Jinx, who looked a little too similar for my liking as much as I liked them individually. G8 got a lot of diversity with its black characters, but now the last two G8 black females, and the first G9 black female, all look like they're related.

Maybe it's just me but I think all three look nothing like each other.

Angela looks amazing, she's just well out of my price range... again.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they look any more like each other than any number of the dozens of pretty white girls. They're just less distinct from each other than I'd like.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

This bundle is right up my alley but not at the current price. Even stacking the discounts, it's still way too high. I already have a red carpet from ages ago that I've customized but this one looks more detailed. Angela and the clothes look nice. I can wait though. If they included 3 newer G8.1 bundles for free like they did with Josie, I'd bite, but there isn't enough financial incentive for me. I like everything in the bundle though except the poses which look awkward to me. And I'm still not really sold on G9. In some promos (for the clothes) the head looks too big for the body and in others too small. Sometimes the arms look too long. There's something weird with the proportions of G9 that look off. I know it can be tweaked but I don't remember seeing issues like this with previous generations as much. Anyway, in general I like the mega bundle, but not the price. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

She looks great!

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

I wasn't interested in Josie 9. That blend pic of her with Angela is making me change my mind. Anyone have both characters and willing to show renders with the 60/60 blend?

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

Also, what bikini product is that?

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Costs too much
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,406

mwokee said:

Costs too much

Yeah, fifty something is too much for the trailer that can be bought separately for ten dollars 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609
    edited February 2023

Wonderland said:

In some promos (for the clothes) the head looks too big for the body and in others too small. Sometimes the arms look too long. 

This can also be heavily affected by the camera's field of view...lens length in relation to the camera distance. A shorter lens (wider angle) up close will produce giant heads. A longer lens (narrower angle) further away will produce smaller heads. I've noticed that using the base Daz camera typically results in giant heads (the built-in camera doesn't have real-world values to tell exactly what lens length it is). This is why I rely on products that give us cameras with real-world approximation. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

MelissaGT said:

Wonderland said:

In some promos (for the clothes) the head looks too big for the body and in others too small. Sometimes the arms look too long. 

This can also be heavily affected by the camera's field of view...lens length in relation to the camera distance. A shorter lens (wider angle) up close will produce giant heads. A longer lens (narrower angle) further away will produce smaller heads. I've noticed that using the base Daz camera typically results in giant heads (the built-in camera doesn't have real-world values to tell exactly what lens length it is). This is why I rely on products that give us cameras with real-world approximation

Me too. IG Photographer's Toolbox cameras have taken the guesswork out of the process for me, since I was a shoddy photographer with a real camera that worked---I certainly don't need a camera that behaves unexpectedly, as the Daz default does.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

PerttiA said:

mwokee said:

Costs too much

Yeah, fifty something is too much for the trailer that can be bought separately for ten dollars 

Be aware of that the trailer has  427 4k textures.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 872
    edited February 2023

The character looks very nice, but I think I'm going to hold out for a while.

At least until something like Auto Shape Enchancer or Natural bends appears for G9.

Kinda bummed with this one because I've been waiting for black characters for G9. There's no point if they are limited to portrait use mostly.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    She's got no sass. And honestly she should fire her makeup artist.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

I like her face quite a bit and her skin looks great to me. I don't care for the body, but then again, I never use the body morph that comes with any character, using my own custom shapes instead.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723
    edited February 2023

My first reaction to the bundle was that @Wonderland would love it and it was right up her alley. We haven't had a collection of really gorgeous glamor outfits in a long time, and then only one by one. This is quite a collection if someone loves the genre. While it is not my normal rendering preference, it does bring back my memories of Hollywood/Los Angeles of the 1950s/1960s when the actresses did dress-up for the premieres and awards. What they wore was local news for us in L.A.

I found the Mega Bundle had eight items I wanted and would use, and five I might not. But buying them individually would cost more. So I picked it up at $52.15 (or $4.04 an item) and three items in PA stores I liked. DAZ, the bundles offered, well, I don't need the little bundles of the big bundles I own.

This is my first try of Angela 9 HD with the makeup, and a warm outfit (it has been in the negative temps here for past few days, not feeling bare shoulders right now, even for 3D characters). No adjustment to the skin. I tried some, but didn't like what I did to her, hands went grey and dead looking.

Mary

Angela 9 HD Test 1.png
    900 x 1456 - 999K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Well, at this price, she's going into the wishlist. 

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

jd641 said:

Gordig said:

Maybe it's just me but I think all three look nothing like each other.

Angela looks amazing, she's just well out of my price range... again.

I see I am not the only one noticing the ridiculous prices lately with the new Genesis 9 figures from Daz.  I had already commented on Freja being overpriced at 41.99 for the base character and that is the sale price too!  Now they are doing it again with Angela 9.   While I realize this is a nice bundle, but at over $150 it is becoming too pricey.  I mean really it is buying pixels here.   I understand some markups with the new Genesis figure, but as of last year I was able to get a "pro", bundle for around $44.  Now jumping to $89 for a smaller bundle is a bit extreme.   Oh sure you save if you go with the Mega bundle, but now you pay over $150.  Not good!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited February 2023

memcneil70 said:

I found the Mega Bundle had eight items I wanted and would use, and five I might not. But buying them individually would cost more. So I picked it up at $52.15 (or $4.04 an item) and three items in PA stores I liked.

How on earth did you get the price that low? Even with one banner and Daz+ coupons, it's a lot higher than that for me.

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,420

the makeup separate from the character, so in essence the character is $40

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

I am sensing Lashana Lynch as one of her main inspirations. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Nicely done.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609

Don't care for anything in the bundle, but I do like the character. Picked her up for $14.57 thanks to banner deal and monthly Daz+ coupon. 

edited February 2023

They are trying hard, another extra discount...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126

Daz Missed me????? I  purchased something this morning, and the day before, and the day before.

• sidsid Posts: 392

I got the 'missed you' banner as well, so  with tthe with Daz+ monthly voucher, I got Josie 9, Angela's Red Carpet Bundle and few featured artist items (shoes!) for $55.78. I'll post some renders this afternoon.

• I managed to get the mega bundle at around 50$ too. Plus grabbed some discounted (1$ each) environments.
    Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Here's a quick test.

angela.png
    1440 x 1080 - 608K

I tried how low I could get the Mega Bundle with the "Missed you" banner and it came down to $34.49 with the monthly voucher, but still... The trailer was the only thing I was interested in, so cleared the cart.

• sidsid Posts: 392

Su7Sonic said:

I managed to get the mega bundle at around 50$ too. Plus grabbed some discounted (1$ each) environments.
    Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Here's a quick test.

I'm excited to play with her, she looks very regal here, even in that outfit. :D