Genesis 8 Anatomical Elements

marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 159
edited March 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know there is no shading on Genesis 8 genitals - how do I match the shading on the genitals to the body? I've tried using the character maps and they don't work.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Use a character skin that has textures for that part.

• marcelle19marcelle19 Posts: 159

zombietaggerung said:

Use a character skin that has textures for that part.

Thank you. I knew that. What I'm hoping for is to learn how to do textures for that part with the regular Genesis 8 models. Surely there must be a way to use the textures the program already has?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,756
    edited March 2023

marcelle19 said:

zombietaggerung said:

Thank you. I knew that. What I'm hoping for is to learn how to do textures for that part with the regular Genesis 8 models. Surely there must be a way to use the textures the program already has?

If there's no Gen texture along with the character product e.g. Base figure,  the quickest way is to copy char's Torso surface to Genital surface and change its UV set to Torso Copy UVs, but some post work might be needed e.g. add texture / color in Ps~

Or you make gen textures base on its UV template or paint it out of Daz, e.g. Pt, blender, etc.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

marcelle19 said:

zombietaggerung said:

If there's no Gen texture along with the character product e.g. Base figure,  the quickest way is to copy char's Torso surface to Genital surface and change its UV set to Torso Copy UVs, but some post work might be needed e.g. add texture / color in Ps~

Or you make gen textures base on its UV template or paint it out of Daz, e.g. Pt, blender, etc.

Thank you. Wish I knew how to do the UV set. More to learn.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited March 2023

UV sets are in the Product Library in our accounts.

Or G8M colourful templates are here in my freebies.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,756

marcelle19 said:

crosswind said:

marcelle19 said:

zombietaggerung said:

Just go to Surfaces Pane, select Gen and search UV Set~

crosswind said:

marcelle19 said:

crosswind said:

marcelle19 said:

zombietaggerung said:

Just go to Surfaces Pane, select Gen and search UV Set~

Thank you, I'll give that a try. :)

Catherine3678ab said:

UV sets are in the Product Library in our accounts.

Or G8M colourful templates are here in my freebies.

Thank you - I'll look in my product library. You meant the Product Library here on the Daz 3D site? Or on my computer locally?

And thank you for the templates for free! Free is the best! :)