how to rig armor with transfer utility

Hey guys, Been having an issue with rigging my own armor ive made in zbrush. I use transfer utilitry to have the armor bend with my figure but once the mesh starts to bend it starts to become distorted and the mesh looks broken up instead of smooth. Is there any way to have the armor bend without it being distorted?

Capture.PNG
873 x 772 - 667K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,637
    edited March 2023

Relevant JCMs have to be fixed. Don't fit a wearable to a 'posed figure'...
    1. Load a base figure, keep its T-Pose without giving any pose to it
    2. Import your armor obj, use Transfer Utility to fit the armor to the figure
    3. Bend figure's right shoulder and right forearm as per the screenshot you attached, but one by one, i.e. first bend Right Shoulder (select right shoulder, use Bend dial in Parameters pane, dial it to 40 degrees)
    4. Select the figure, in Parameters pane, turn on Show Hidden Properties..., there should be a Jcm dial automatically triggered: pJCMShldrDown_40_R
    5. Use GoZ to export the figure and armor to ZB to fix the distroation on the armor (smooth, move, whatever...). Import the armor back to Daz via Goz, paste pJCMShldrDown_40_R to the field of Morph Name in the popup dialogue. Dial the morph..
    6. Fix the JCM of each pose one by one~ in general, all JCMs have to be fixed if there's any distortion but tiny ones might be ignored. Just give it a Smoothing Modifier...

It's the standard procedure when a PA makes a wardrobe like this, just the modeling / sculpturing software may be different ~ You may search 'DAZ JCM' on youtube to find the tutorials...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Thank you for the reply I am self taught. I will try my best to figure this out with your solution. There is not much information out there on how to do this specifically, so I appreciate the help! 

Here are some examples of what I am trying to do and the inspiration for what I am trying to achieve.

Capture.PNG
    547 x 866 - 655K
    pic1.PNG
    468 x 709 - 572K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,637

OK~ if like these pics, geograft might be also considered, in addition to making a wardrobe~