Daz studio genesis components are already in the computer

i have this pronlem and i cant seem to solve it, im sure that i deleted all of the files of daz studio and then installed it again, but it wont instal genesis 8 and 9 it says that the components are already in the computer and i dont know what to do

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

How are you trying to install content and what is telling you that they are already installed?

Incase you were not aware the two separate installers, Daz Install Manager (DIM) and Daz Central, use different paths and methods to that of Daz Studio itself which uses Daz Connect if you allow it to sign in. It is never a good idea to mix these as it will cause issues. If you decide to use DIM or Daz Central then you should sign out of your account within Daz Studio and stay signed out - likewise if you decide to use Daz Studio/Connect to install things then you should never install products via DIM or Central.

If you have been using multiple installers then after doing the above you will need to uninstall everything that was installed by the method that you no longer wish to use and re-install it with your preferred method.

• I suspect the issue is that you "deleted all of the files" rather than uninstalling, which would leave the manifest that tells Daz Central or Install manager what they have installed in situ. If that is what is happening then try using the proper uninstall option, which will clear the product from the list of installed items even if the content files have been removed already.