OT: RIP Wendy Richard (old news)

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
edited March 2023 in The Commons
Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

LeatherGryphon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/feb/26/wendy-richard-pauline-fowler-eastenders-dies

Good by Miss Brahms.

She died 14 years ago, so I am not sure why you think this needs posting now.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

all news is new to someone hearing it for the first time

I shared a post about a 3D artist who died a year ago recently and hardly anyone else knew either

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,421

yeah, like i died 50+ years ago and don't even know. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited March 2023

Havos said:

LeatherGryphon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/feb/26/wendy-richard-pauline-fowler-eastenders-dies

Good by Miss Brahms.

She died 14 years ago, so I am not sure why you think this needs posting now.

Browsing news, this popped up.surprise  I didn't know she'd already passed.  But what is time anyway?  And I apparently didnt get the memo.frown  But now that I know she's gone, I said goodbye.smiley  What's funny is that I read the article and all about her career, but never noticed the date.  I missed the gorilla in the room.frown

I think this happened to me once before, except it was a death notice about somebody who was still alive.surprise​  Click bait.angry

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,414

LeatherGryphon said:

I think this happened to me once before, except it was a death notice about somebody who was still alive.surprise​  Click bait.angry

Maybe nobody had told that somebody that they had passed away... 

edited March 2023

music to thread by

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I thought she & Dot were great in East Enders. 

edited March 2023

I figured out where I got the late late news about the 13 year old event.  It was from browsing the YouTube app on my TV.  I'd been browsing the "News" category and somehow ended up in the "New to You" category.frown  I just glomed onto the name Wendy Richards and the rest is this sad short history.indecision

But it is kind'a nice to remember her again.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Jeebuz, I did not know who Wendy Richard was (only vaguely aware of the Eastenders), and I jumped to a conclusion about which Wendy that was... 

That was scary... 

McGyver said:

Jeebuz, I did not know who Wendy Richard was (only vaguely aware of the Eastenders), and I jumped to a conclusion about which Wendy that was... 

That was scary... 

this one still farting in the breeze yes 

• I loved her in 'Are You Being Served', but never saw her in Eastenders.

A few years ago I read a book Nicholas Parsons wrote about the BBC Radio 4 comedy programme 'Just a Minute' (for them's as don't know it's a very, very long running radio game show where the contestant has to talk for a minute on a random subject for a minute without hesitation, deviation or repetition of any word - it's far harder than it seems). Anyway, he lamented the fact that Wendy tended to take on the Eastender character more & more in her appearances as time went on, and eventually she was dropped as a regular because she wasn't being as funny or generous to new contestants. Was a shame, because I can remember her as being really funny & witty at times.

Regards,

Richard

edited March 2023

We loved "Are You Being Served".smiley  Reruns were shown in the Washington DC area in the late '80s, early '90s, late at night and we often replaced the late night talk shows with it for our laughs.  But I do recognize that it is unashamedly racist, politically incorrect, crude, classist, repetative, and psychologically damaging to viewers.surprise  A perfect British comedy.  Thank god they don't make'em like that anymore.  Do they?indecision

daveso said:

Check the mirror more often.enlightened 

LeatherGryphon said:

daveso said:

and the painting in the attic 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

LeatherGryphon said:

daveso said:

and the painting in the attic 

ROFLlaugh 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

That was scary... 

this one still farting in the breeze yes 

Yeah, sorry to have morbidly speculated based on nothing but a first name... and please do keep up the proverbial breeze oriented farting for many decades to come.

I probably could have phrased that a lot better, but today is not a words day... but be well and stay well.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited March 2023

Ms Richard appearing near another kind of forum (Her scene starts at 9:56)

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
  • StargazeyStargazey Posts: 238