Infinito 2

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Under Create, all I have is the expansion pack (it says Infinito objects) and even that page, the About will only say it's not an authorized version. The rest of the tabs won't do anything. So stuck for now. 

• Novica said:

Well, it's listed there, but there's no text box there either to enter a serial number. Nice try though and appreciate the effort Charlie! I had already emailed Alessandro asking for help.

Hi Novica, I've tried to answer to your email but the provider (dreamhost) gives an error.

Can you show me a screenshot of the activation window (if that shows up) ?

In any case, the issues you describe might be caused by a broken .cfg file. Try to delete the file:

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/infinitoAM/infinito.cfg

and then run the plugin again: it should get to the activation window...

It's been about 9 hours and hopefully Alessandro will answer my email or post here. Appreciate everyone who tried to help.

• Novica said:

It's been about 9 hours and hopefully Alessandro will answer my email or post here. Appreciate everyone who tried to help.

Novica see my post above...

Hi Alessandro!

Below are screenshots of what I have under "Create" (note it shows the expansion set (props) and not Infinito, so when I click on it, it shows the not authorized blurb. Then I've shown the Help (About Plugins) There's no text box there to enter anything.

I don't have an activation code from you yet, so can't enter one! I'll PM you with the order number but obviously, since it was in my DIM, I bought it. If the email wasn't working, you can PM me. (I PMd you- wow, bought this back in September of 2012! Nothing like being slow to use what I buy!) 

I'm going to go delete that file, I'll be back in a few.

infinito.jpg
    1999 x 903 - 157K

The folder is there, but maps and presets are empty. The log file says (below.)  Question, I see depth buffer precision 32 bit there- I don't know what that is, but in case it makes a difference, I did the 64 bit download (Windows, 64 bit) Is that the mess up?

INFINITO started
    authorized: 0
    removing temp files...
    GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object: SUPPORTED
    building primary controls...
    plugin window to be resized
    building secondary controls...
    fill main controller tabs...
    create openGL context
    Depth buffer precision: 32bit
    set initial height and terrain map resolution
    set color gradients
    generating noise maps...
    generating noise maps...

• Novica said:

Hi Alessandro!

Below are screenshots of what I have under "Create" (note it shows the expansion set (props) and not Infinito, so when I click on it, it shows the not authorized blurb. Then I've shown the Help (About Plugins) There's no text box there to enter anything.

I don't have an activation code from you yet, so can't enter one! I'll PM you with the order number but obviously, since it was in my DIM, I bought it. If the email wasn't working, you can PM me. (I PMd you- wow, bought this back in September of 2012! Nothing like being slow to use what I buy!) 

I'm going to go delete that file, I'll be back in a few.

Hi, I think the issue is the computer screen resolution is so small that you can't see and access the boxes below the "This copy of  INFINITO is not authorized". I can't see even the vertical tollbar that would allow you to scroll down. What screen resolution is the computer using?

OMG, DUMMY AWARD!!!!!!

No, it's called "Scroll down stupid!" Well, this takes the cake for "Duh." I couldn't see the slider but it was there. (might want to make that hot red or something if you can) 

I'll send the serial number in a PM. So I take it those files being empty was okay. Appreciate your patience as usual. I don't mind doing "duhs" as long as they help someone else (aka my art studio threads, lol. I've had a few duhs over there too. Gotta have a sense of humor when you mess up.) 

• No problem, glad it's sorted. Just PM'd you the activation code.

This is what it looks like when you graduate from The School Of Duh. (Now I'll go see if it works!) Thanks for the help Alex! (He answered my PMs promptly. Always has whenever anyone needs help.) 

infinito2.jpg
    1409 x 450 - 62K
    edited October 2015

Shut down studio, reopened, went to Create and voila! Here's what it looks like. Now I'm off to the youtube channel to watch the videos.  I've also got the PDF from the ReadMe.

infinito3.jpg
    2000 x 1175 - 163K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Many thanks for this smiley   Just installed Infinito after having had it for a bit and wouldn't have know what to do without this threadblush

In the PDF, this goes to a non-existant link.(Says it's to a PP2 Exporter Script.)

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=127437

3dLux said:

Many thanks for this smiley   Just installed Infinito after having had it for a bit and wouldn't have know what to do without this threadblush

You're trying to make me feel better, aren't you? 

I did screenshots of my first doodle (still doing it) and the results were rather funny. I've got to do some smoothing of terrain, that's for sure. There wouldn't be anyplace for a character to stand or sit, lol. I think I better get some erosion going somewhere!  I think I'll start an Art Studio thread with the experiments (so people can get a good laugh.) 

Here's the thread and my first results. Anyone else feel free to post what you're doing/trying or any tips. (Greatly appreciated!) 

Novica said:
    3dLux said:

I did screenshots of my first doodle (still doing it) and the results were rather funny. I've got to do some smoothing of terrain, that's for sure. There wouldn't be anyplace for a character to stand or sit, lol. I think I better get some erosion going somewhere!  I think I'll start an Art Studio thread with the experiments (so people can get a good laugh.) 

Not at all, it was a big help.  Just waiting on Alessandro for the activation number.  I hope he's okay; sent an email and PMed him here about 22 hours ago.  I think he took the day off smiley

Am also following your Infinito Art Studio thread yes

• 3dLux said:
    Novica said:
    3dLux said:

Not at all, it was a big help.  Just waiting on Alessandro for the activation number.  I hope he's okay; sent an email and PMed him here about 22 hours ago.  I think he took the day off smiley

Hello sorry but I thought I answered all the emails. Did you get one from me with the code, or not yet? Cheers

3dLux said:
    Novica said:
    3dLux said:

Hello sorry but I thought I answered all the emails. Did you get one from me with the code, or not yet? Cheers

Hi Alessandro smiley  Still no email, sometimes it needs a re-send.  Gmail get weird like on ocassion

• 3dLux said:
    3dLux said:
    Novica said:
    3dLux said:

Hi Alessandro smiley  Still no email, sometimes it needs a re-send.  Gmail get weird like on ocassion

Ok, would you plz email me again at [email protected]

Thanks

3dLux said:
    3dLux said:
    Novica said:
    3dLux said:

Ok, would you plz email me again at [email protected]

Thanks

Sent the email  :)

• Very good, just replied. Sorry for the delay.

• BTW there is indeed a 2.0 version in the works. The application core is ready and it took me a long time to enable multi-threading in order to allow fast computation of noise nodes. I can't say how long it will take to have it in store, but I'm working hard on it. Plus, there will be a second plugin that will complement INFINITO 2.0 but I'm not going into details on this yet :)

Here attached two IF 2.0 screencaps showing the terrain creation interface, which will allow to use and combine how many nodes you want (1.0 only features 6 nodes), and a quick Iray render to test displacement capabilities so far.
    I'll post more information as the work progresses.

displacement-test1.jpg
    1400 x 888 - 595K
    IF2.jpg
    1425 x 1073 - 93K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830

Glad to hear you are still developing IF 2.0!  

A question: in the current version, each instance of a prop painted in INFINITO becomes a separate object in Daz Studio. Will the new version be able to use Daz Studio instances which saves memory?

• RGcincy said:

Glad to hear you are still developing IF 2.0!  

A question: in the current version, each instance of a prop painted in INFINITO becomes a separate object in Daz Studio. Will the new version be able to use Daz Studio instances which saves memory?

Yes, but there is already a beta version (1.2) that supports instancing, see here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/31481/
    Upon creating the DAZ Scene, you can decide wether to have instances or full objects.

BTW, 2.0 will support DAZ Studio native content, figures included.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    RGcincy said:

BTW, 2.0 will support DAZ Studio native content, figures included.

Awesome!

I haven't gotten that far yet, still playing with Terraform,  but "native content" means none of it has to be converted, right? 

• Novica said:

I haven't gotten that far yet, still playing with Terraform,  but "native content" means none of it has to be converted, right? 

Indeed, it means that you will be able to load any DAZ Studio library item.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

is there going to be a free upgrade to the new version ?

• bigh said:

No.

• bigh said:

So you want them to do it for free Lol.

Good luck with that one !!!