Issues with Izabella 7 Posing

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but as I attempt to pose Izabella 7 she deforms in completely unusable ways.

To test, I loaded generic Genesis 3 female, posed the left hand (as an example) grasping the fingers, and then applied Izabella body and the fingers and hand deformed significantly.  I've attached two screenshots: Genesis 3 posed looking normal, then same exact figure with Izabella 7 body dialed up.

The same deformation happens with every Izabella figure I have (I purchased the pro bundle).

Any thoughts/Ideas?

Genesis3_leftHandGrasp_NoIzabella.jpg
1511 x 1031 - 228K
Gensis3_leftHandGrasp_IzabellaBodyApplied.jpg
1519 x 1111 - 244K

Comments

• Which version of Daz Studio? Are there any other morphs applied?

• No other morphs -- pure Izabella on Genesis 3 female.

I'm using Version 4.9 DAZ studio (latest) (64 bit) -- my apologies for not including this information.

Other relevant info - I have most of the Genesis 3 figures installed (Victoria, Josie, etc). I installed using the DAZ Install Manager into custom directories. No other Genesis 3 figure has shown this behavior.

Also relevant -- the deformation happens whether I open the figure from the Product, from the Content Library, or use generic Genesis 3 and dial up the Izabella body morph.

Final note - deformations ALSO happen with her face; for example, raising eyelids deforms the eyelids...

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide :)

• Well, I can see what is happening - the joint centres aren't being adjusted - but it isn't happening for me. If you click the gear icon on the Isabella Body slider and open Parameter Settings are there a host of joint centre adjustments in the SubComponents tab at the bottom of the dialogue?

Izabella joint adjustments.JPG
    366 x 675 - 59K
  • Thank you for this -- based on your post, I checked the parameter settings and there were no joint centre adjustments in the subcomponents.

Not knowing what else to do, I uninstalled and re-installed the product.

Now everything works -- the subcomponents exist, model does not deform, etc.  Looks like there was something wrong in the initial install.

Hindsight and information for me -- if there is a next time, uninstall and re-install as a first choice ;)

Thank you again for your time, you helped me figure out how to fix this issue.

Cheers, and happy modelling!

• Followup -- Not sure how many folks will see this, but I found out what broke my Izabella 7 morphs.

I always install using the Daz Install Manager first, and then I usually ALSO install using Daz Connect.  When I uninstalled and re-installed, I only installed using Daz Install Manager.  Everything worked fine.

This morning I hit "Install" on Daz Connect, and now the Izabella poses are broken again (deforming the body).

This feels like a bug to me -- should I log a bug report?

• Yes, please do.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,145

For those who are interested, deleting and loading a fresh Izabella seems to fix this issue.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited May 2016

This is another variation of the "bones falling out of the body" issue that I was am having.

Saving a scene with some morphs or poses will result in the upper arms bones falling out of place, when loaded. Thus, the mapping of the skin is nowhere near the actual original bone it was mapped to, so it bends odd, like this.

Quick solution is to save the model that is deformed, and it will now open undeformed. (Opening prior to this save, will be about a 75% chance that the model loads broken, and about 25% chance that it loads normally.)

I assume it is a floating-point issue, or a decimal conversion that has a sour "formula" in the delta adjustments. It loads fine most times, but being in one of those specific "bends", it somehow cause the formula to break.

I get this 100% with the "growing-up" and G3F model, with the model saved as any "child morph" setting and posed with any arm/hand adjustments. (Have seen this with other morphs that alter the scale of the bones root.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • I have the same issue also. But JD_Mortal's solution helps :) Thanks.

• TizianoTiziano Posts: 293

I have the same hands deformation problem with Arianna for Karen 7: no joint centre adjustments in the subcomponents tab.

I have deleted and re-installed Arianna, but the problem still exists.

Any idea how to fix it?