Textures not showing in content library.

Hey. I have been trying to use some clothes which I have downloaded from ShareCG. I have added the unzipped information to my content library. The objects are fine - they are being imported with no problems, and they appear in my Daz 3D content library.

However, none of the textures are showing up, whether I use import or the content library! Please help.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Do you have a link to the item?  It may be that the item doesn't come with material presets, or has been packaged incorrectly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416

What format is the item in? If it's Poser format then you should not be seeing the literal object (OBJ) files.

• AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53
    edited May 2016

While I am relatively new with Daz Studio, here are my typical steps to add new products from other platforms.

The first steps (0a and 0b) all depends on how you wish to organize your content

(Daz Studio 4.8, Windows 7)

0a) Copy all the files into the root directory as usual. Data merges into Data, Runtime merges into Runtime, et cetera.

0b) Make a folder called "ShareCG", or something like that, inside the root directory where you copy the folder with your ShareCG files. It is useful to have all external products sorted decently. This folder is useful to right-click from Daz to "create a product...".

----------------------------------------------

1) Go into Daz Studio. Select the folder with the files you have in mind and 'create product'. I suggest to call all ShareCG products something similar, for example "XSCG_Product_name". By this naming convention, you will find all of them under "x", where not a lot of other products reside. (X is easily remembered as in 'external products') Also your SCG products will line up nicely by each other so you can separate them from your Daz content.

2) Select all the files of your newly created product in the 'Products" folder (CTRL-A), right click, choose 'Categorize.." and categorize them as you see fit.

3) Select 'Content DB Editor...". (Image below) while having the product folder selected. The icon in the top left opens this panel if you are in the Content Library tab.

4) In the "Content DB Editor", click the second tab 'Assets". Now select all the files in the upper part of the window. Then select 'Compability', and select all files in the lower part of the window. Right click to 'add compabilities for selected files'. For example, select Genesis 2 - female, or what the character model is called.

5) Save by pressing 'Accept' in the lower right corner.

6) Press Ok and then "Browse to file location"

7) The folder that opens up is the Support folder where your new ".dsa" and ".dsx" files have shown up. Here you need to put the thumbnail of the product, either in .JPG or PNG format.

------------------------

If your textures weren't showing up, that could be because they weren't set with proper compability, or categorized.

This can be fixed by using the Content DB Editor.

Post edited by Aeonmoon on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Aeonmoon said:

0a) Copy all the files into the root directory as usual. Data merges into Data, Runtime merges into Runtime, et cetera.

0b) Make a folder called "ShareCG", or something like that, inside the root directory where you copy the folder with your ShareCG files. It is useful to have all external products sorted decently. This folder is useful to right-click from Daz to "create a product...".

Just double checking...this is an either/or thing, right? Both will definitely break things...

Also, the best place for the ShareCG folder is NOT in the main content folder...but rather one along side of it.  If you  have a folder named Fred that is the root directory and you put Tomato inside Fred and make Tomato a content folder with a data, People, Runtime, etc structure you will have 'nested' content folders and a very good chance that most of what is inside Tomato will not work correctly.  But if Fred and Tomato are sitting side by side and both are mapped, in Content Directory Manager as content folders, everything will be fine.