A Day in the Year of a Life - Gallery

FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
edited September 2013 in Art Studio

I going to try to post an image. Some will be my past artwork and some will be new images.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Comments

• Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Nice sense of depth in the train render.

Good luck on your image posting project. :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

sounds like fun - good start

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

That's a really nice render FB!! BTW, which of your terrain sets did you use for that?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    edited December 1969

The train is running through the deep gorge preset of Spiral Descent though did need to move the rocks out of the way of the tracks. :-)

edited December 1969

Initially I had considered calling it, "the last thing you see" but later thought "Migration" described this particular version of it better.

migration800.jpg
    800 x 762 - 265K
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

the robbery render is really nice :)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Great work on both renders FB! Especially love the first one. It reminds me of the cowboy movies I used to watch as a kid.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

The train is running through the deep gorge preset of Spiral Descent though did need to move the rocks out of the way of the tracks. :-)

AHA! Promo #6 from a slightly different angle. Niiiiice! :-)

edited December 1969

#3 The Forgotten Line

I've always liked those kinds of images where nature reclaims the ephemeral grasp of civilization.

theforgottenline800.jpg
    800 x 653 - 380K
    edited September 2018

Claiming His Territory

aDragonsquietflight800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 357K
    edited December 1969

"An Introduction to Gravity"

RAIL500x650Stealthv2_copy.jpg
    500 x 650 - 347K
  • HalcionHalcion Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

:coolsmile: Nice renders. I have several of your Environments. Just need to find the time to use them. :smirk:

edited June 2012

In open seas.

cinemadiver.jpg
    650 x 565 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Stuck between a rock and a long way down.

climbingstuck.jpg
    600 x 780 - 126K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I crave finding things like your Forgotten Line image, but in reality. I'm always fascinated by old, abandoned architecture. Really nice images so far. I have to say #5 is my fave. :P

I'm also enjoying the titles you give some of your renders. They give me a good chuckle.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you ever deside to explain your method of ..umm.... lighting and composition ect... okay, the whole darn thing. I'll be here with paper and pen, printer and ink and all the sets I can afford that you made. Maybe even use the tips on other sets if you would not mind.

edited December 1969

I could try to put some notes together on composition that I've gleaned through the years.

"Pursuing the target"

500x650jump_copy.jpg
    500 x 650 - 403K
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

There is so much to enjoy in your gallery....I love the train scenes and, I love the water scene, I really like you take POV's particularly, the guy up the rock-face and your last image of the guy leaping the wall.
    My characters are mostly rooted to the floor :lol: but, hey I suffer from vertigo so what would you expect...???

I get my ideas from seeing other artists at work.........so, you have have succeeded in giving me plenty...thank you.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    My characters are mostly rooted to the floor :lol:

I have that same habit. It's a nice change to see people flying through mid-air. lol
  • MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I really like the renders featuring the trains - "The Forgotten Line" is brilliant! I'm also a fan of your flying dragon and the rock climbing scene. Excellent work!

The one with the two guys falling off of the wall - I've seen other renders with that realistic, natural all encompassing lighting. What's the best way to get that effect? Is it just a matter of how you orient the light?

edited December 1969

That render was done using the DAZ Studio 3.1 and the Reality Plugin 1.0, which exports the entire scene and renders in LUX 0.7 at the time. It had a sunlight and a couple planes to bounce the light towards the subject. That tends to be my favorite workflow, and I find the results generally turn out well with the unbiased renderer. The trains, and the climbing shots are also reality/LUX renders. The dragon is a straight DS/3delight render.

edited June 2012

Haven't posted in a while. I dredged this one out of the old forum archives, it was a render submitted into dzfire's Armory render contest way back in 2010.
    "No, you're the one backing up"

yourebackingup.jpg
    600 x 324 - 32K
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure why I originally used the jalopy as the object of focus in this render, but I ended up changing it to a sports car later on, and as they say, the rest is history.
    "peeking into the neighbour's yard"

reality_kidfencejalopy740.jpg
    569 x 740 - 455K
  • MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited June 2012

Is "Peeking" another Daz3/Reality/Lux render? Whatever you used, that's freaking awesome! One of these days, I'd like to make something that looks half that good, LOL!

And yeah, if you could make some kind of "How-to" notes list or something like that, I'd be eternally grateful - I just can't seem to find the right path toward more realism.

Post edited by Megarig on
    edited June 2012

If REALISM is your goal, then Reality is definitely one of the options to achieve it. Peeking is a reality render.
    There are a couple of Reality Render threads currently on the forums here and Renderosity.

This one's number #22, the first 21 are in the old DAZ forum archive (each is 2000 posts long) Reality used to be sold here at DAZ.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/289/

The other is at Rendo, and most the reality regulars are posting there now, since Paolo starting selling Reality Plugin over there.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849428

edited December 1969

One of my less common DS4 renders, cause I still use DS3.1A often, far more comfort with the UI. It's a 3Delight render. I was planning to try a few filters on it so the second image is the final result.
    "Out from the fog..."

outfromthefog800.jpg
    800 x 596 - 406K
    hydeandgoseek1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 389K
    edited June 2012

"Mine Sweep"

minesweeping.jpg
    800 x 435 - 272K