SCI-FI Celebration

tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
edited January 2020 in Art Studio

I want to start a thread where people can post their sci-fi renders.  Doesn't matter if they are IRAY or 3Delight.  Doesn't matter if they are hard-sci-fi or sci-fi fantacy.  Doesn't matter if they are from DAZ, Poser, or some other 3D program.  Doesn't matter if its Star Wars, Star Trek, Godzilla, Star Blazzers, Voltron, etc.  Post it all here.  I love Sci-Fi and I'm also looking for inspiration and what can be done.

I'll start off by posting my latest.  This is my 3rd render in a series called Mass Effect Bounty Hunters.  You can see the other two in my galleries.

ME Bounty Hunters III

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755
    edited December 2017

Lol. That's one helluva kick!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited December 2017
    avxp said:

Lol. That's one helluva kick!

You mess with her partner and their will be hell to pay. LOL! 

Nice image,  I'm always impressed with your work.

• Thanks...a bit of horror from the Halloween Special.

Once I upgrade  to a new monster machine- I think things will really get crazy.

Fingers crossed for a big 2018.

Very cool.

edited December 2017

Cosmic Ranger

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/c6/cae7ebe591c3915ee78d028bac3b48.jpeg

001A2AE8-192A-4AFA-8E05-188212A050FF.jpeg
    1586 x 1983 - 811K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

nice idea to collect scifi and coll action scenes so far!

here is data133ch guess that fits as well

Yes, very cool.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 2017

back in port 1590x1061.jpg
    1590 x 1061 - 1M
    Post edited by sriesch on
    edited December 2017

outside the box (1920x1200).png
    1920 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by sriesch on
    sriesch said:

Very Intersting.  Not what you normally see.  I like it.

sriesch said:

Very cool.

edited December 2017

Used TerraNova 3 to change the backround so I'd get a cooler reflection in the visor.

Cosmic Ranger II by tkdrobert

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Callie stumbles upon a perfectly preserved relic of the past!

JamesJAB said:

Callie stumbles upon a perfectly preserved relic of the past!

Cool Star Trek Bridge.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Callie is a lucky girl, even teh engergy is still up :D

Very cool, love those!

• harold_withersharold_withers Posts: 278
    edited December 2017

Here's a few of the new model I've just brought out, the V-Wing Interceptor. Should be appropriate for this thread though. Enjoy.

Post edited by harold_withers on
    edited December 2017

Here's a few of the new model I've just brought out, the V-Wing Interceptor. Should be appropriate for this thread though. Enjoy.

Nice.  I put that starfighter on my wish list.

• Cool, would love to see renders from users who've purchased the V-Wing, to see what you guys get up to with it. I'll bet you'll get some really dynamic shots with that thing.

Enjoy.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 2017

One I did fairly recently, and which a friend based a (very) short story on (a bit of flash fiction):

edited December 2017

And one from a bit longer ago:

Cool, would love to see renders from users who've purchased the V-Wing, to see what you guys get up to with it. I'll bet you'll get some really dynamic shots with that thing.

Enjoy.

I started playing with it - nice model, by the way, but it got waaaaaaay too late and I had to put it back into it's box.  I'll take it out and play with it again, hopefully remembering an idea I had driving home earlier today!

• SimonJM said:

Cool, would love to see renders from users who've purchased the V-Wing, to see what you guys get up to with it. I'll bet you'll get some really dynamic shots with that thing.

Enjoy.

I started playing with it - nice model, by the way, but it got waaaaaaay too late and I had to put it back into it's box.  I'll take it out and play with it again, hopefully remembering an idea I had driving home earlier today!

Nice, will look forward to seeing that Simon.

yes

SimonJM said:

And one from a bit longer ago:

I love the orange lighting on this one.

• great idea, love the images everyone! 

TK- that 1st one you posted, I'm always wondering what do people do with this extreme kicking poses I find in my pose packs, now I know! That's a great action render! 

I primarily work in fantasy fiction, but dabble in science fiction now and then.

great idea, love the images everyone! 

TK- that 1st one you posted, I'm always wondering what do people do with this extreme kicking poses I find in my pose packs, now I know! That's a great action render! 

I primarily work in fantasy fiction, but dabble in science fiction now and then.

I'm a life long martial artist, so I love throwing in a good fight scene here and there.  Your render is great.  Thanks for sharing.

edited December 2017
    SimonJM said:

Enjoy.

yes

You say that now, but ... not quite what I had in my head, but ...

Ambush.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 3M
    edited December 2017
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Enjoy.

yes

I've used the Anteres in two of my renders, but I haven't used those marvelous, built-in, lasers yet.  Maybe soon.  LOL!  It's a very great model.  Reminds me of the Expanse.

tkdrobert said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Enjoy.

yes

I've used the Anteres in two of my renders, but I haven't used those marvelous, built-in, lasers yet.  Maybe soon.  LOL!  It's a very great model.  Reminds me of the Expanse.

I stumbled on them only after spending ages triyng to line up more of SickleYield's rays blush

Are the materials for the v-wing IRAY?

tkdrobert said:

Are the materials for the v-wing IRAY?

Yes, there are two Props, a clean and a 'used' version of the fighter, both Iray