"No deltas for morph, skipping node."

Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

So when I'm using Morph Loader Pro and I get this message: "No deltas for morph, skipping node. Created morph successfully." what am I doing wrong and how do I stop doing it wrong?

It says "Created morph successfully," but I go look in the parameters panel and there's no morph. This is a 3rd party figure with no pre-existing morphs; I selected the head in the Scene panel because it's a face morph and I remember way back in the days of DS3 morph loader just kind of liked to attach a morph to whatever body-part you had selected at the time. Is it getting lost and there's something more I need to do to tell it that this should go on the head?

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Are you changing the geometry at all in the morph (besides moving points I mean?). The vertex order needs to be constant throughout, and so does the number of vertices. If you're exporting a subdivided mesh (Genesis, for example is subdivided by default), be sure to remove the subD before exporting by setting it to zero. If you've deleted even a single vertex, or recreated the geometry in any way, the morph will fail.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

No deltas means that the vertices haven't moved - "delta" is a fairly widely used term for a change in a value. If there are no changes the morph isn't created on the part being examined, and since TriAx figures have only one part with geometry that means no morph at all.

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Herald, that would be a different error message.

Richard, I double checked the OBJ to make sure Blender had correctly exported the shape, and it is definitely different from the base figure (only on the face because it's an expression). Is there some setting somewhere that I need to click to tell it to focus on the head? Because, yeah, with the exception of the head, the rest of the geometry is all completely unchanged.

edited December 1969

Is it a TriAx figure or a legacy (Poser-style) rigged figure?

• I'm having the same problem.

This is on a legacy / Poser figure.
    I have successfully created countless morphs for Genesis based figures as well as my own figures and props - but for some reason, I can't get it to work with a legacy figure :/

Richard, are you on to something?

• If you impot the morph and the base mesh (File>Import) and select the Geoemtry Editor tool do the lists of groups in the Tool Settings pane match?

• edited January 2018

It's because of the rigging on the figure you're trying to morph.  There's two ways to fix this:

1.  Using Scene tab, select figure then using the menu select, edit-rigging- Convert figure to prop.  This wipes the rigging but keeps the surfaces.  Then load a new figure (say G3 probably cause the arms are sticking straight out on your obj).  Using the transfer utility in the same Scene drop down menu use the newly loaded g3 figure as a source transfer the rigging onto your prop.  You should have a rigged item that can now be morphed with your obj.

2.  Not so good way but you can import the obj raw.  Load a figure (G3 same as above) then transfer utility the rigging onto your obj.  This is a bad way b/c you loose all the surfaces. 

Either way ... the rigging of the figure you're trying to morph has to go.

Post edited by lancelmartin_cf51987037 on
  • XadeXade Posts: 236
    edited June 2018

One way I found to do it is to go to edit>Figure>rigging>convert figure for weight mapping and let it run its course. Once it's done it will have the same scene hollow icon as a genesis model and you can import without issues. it took me a while to figure it out but it works without issues.

Or, update the base geometry 

Post edited by Xade on
  • Just a note to say thanks for the original question, and for this discussion that helped me solve my issue.  In my case I was trying to create a morph for a dress which I had

draped in dForce.  But I was getting the error message that is the subject of this topic.  Specifically it was a V4 garment that I had fit to a G3, dforced, then exported.  It 

didn't take the morph _on a dress I had not yet fit to G3_  Once I fit it to her, that switched the rigging to match my export, and loading the morph worked as expected.

I didn't know the rigging needed to match for morph loading, thanks all!

• PanosaWarePanosaWare Posts: 4

No deltas means that the vertices haven't moved - "delta" is a fairly widely used term for a change in a value. If there are no changes the morph isn't created on the part being examined, and since TriAx figures have only one part with geometry that means no morph at all.

Hi There... i have spend all night without solution for the same problem and here i am!

So... how can i use this Morph Target (obj) from here http://nontoxic.x0.com/ >> Freebie Section Breast and other MT for ADK (AnimeDoll Kit)

On this Figure from here http://studiomaya3d.com/mayadoll.html MayaDoll01Basic

In Daz Studio 4.12 via Morph loader or Replace Geometry ? Of course the morph target is for AnimeDoll but if im right, both figures share the same body.

THX for your time!

Is Anime Doll a variant of Maya Doll? Morphs are geometry-specific.

Is Anime Doll a variant of Maya Doll? Morphs are geometry-specific.

As far as I know, their difference is from the neck and above... 

I have in my library and the AnimeDoll to,  but that I want to know is how  can  i merge the morph target (obg) to the specific "child" (rColar/lColar) 

...Sorry for my English

It's been a long time since I've done this, and that was probably in DS 3, but if you have the target bone selected in the scene there should be an option in            the morph loader controlling what to load the morph for, one of the options being something like Primary Selection (Vertex Order Only) - try that, if  you can find it.

It's been a long time since I've done this, and that was probably in DS 3, but if you have the target bone selected in the scene there should be an option in            the morph loader controlling what to load the morph for, one of the options being something like Primary Selection (Vertex Order Only) - try that, if  you can find it.

It's been a long time ...and i im grateful...

First your advice worked for me on advanced mode not on Pro mode, idk maybe the Pro mode have many options and i doing something wrong.

but this is the result when i tweaking the parametr bar

rColar.png
    1162 x 870 - 269K

looks as if the vertex count was right but not the vertex order - there isn't much to be done there, I think (the only option I can come up with is exporting the full OBJ to a modeller and adding the morph OBJ, then use whatever tools the modeller offers to shape the base toi match and load that as a morph).

looks as if the vertex count was right but not the vertex order - there isn't much to be done there, I think (the only option I can come up with is exporting the full OBJ to a modeller and adding the morph OBJ, then use whatever tools the modeller offers to shape the base toi match and load that as a morph).

I dont thing so to go so far with a modeler programm... but something learn with you... 

AnywayTHX for your time and the advices!

• EthinEthin Posts: 973

Richard Haseltine said:

If you impot the morph and the base mesh (File>Import) and select the Geoemtry Editor tool do the lists of groups in the Tool Settings pane match?

Thanks Richard, this comment ^ solved the problem for me! yes

My primary modeling app (Wings3D) was changing the group names and with Blender you have to tell it to keep the groups on both import and export.