Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
edited May 2022 in Carrara Discussion

I have given myself a challenge and you can join in as well if you like.. especially if you want to practice your modeling in Carrara..

I hope to get as many of these Wacky Races vehicles modeled as I can....

I've already started on one of them and if you want to join in and post your progress please do.. if not just follow along with the Wacky Posts yes

What started me off was I modeled Dick Dastardly's plane... though not a wacky race model this is what got me thinking to do the set of Wacky Race vehicles.

A good exercise in modeling and not really all that hard..... I hope

Let's get this thread a started ... 
With some links that maybe useful to find amongst the pages enlightened

Post edited by Stezza on

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited February 2018

The first one I started is the Chuggabug..

Lazy Luke is a hillbilly who is half-asleep during most of the races. He drives the Arkansas Chuggabug while seated on a rocking chair and with his feet perched on the steering wheel. A large but nervous bear named Blubber is his sidekick; Blubber is clad in a scarf and early aviator's helmet with goggles.

The Chuggabug is constructed of wood and is powered by a coal-fired pot-bellied stove in the rear of the vehicle.

Chuggabug explosion view.jpg
    800 x 600 - 184K
    Chuggabug mesh.jpg
    800 x 600 - 172K
    Chuggabug drawing.jpg
    800 x 600 - 145K
    Chuggabug render.jpg
    800 x 600 - 192K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited February 2018

Amazing. Stezza, it is not just the quality of your modeling which is amazing, you also churn new things out at a startling pace.  Not as fast as Veronika, but everyone should have something to aspire to.

At one point, I remember starting projects for the Ant Hil Mob and for Penelope Pitstop.  It was several years ago so I would not be surprised if the WIPs did not survive various storage migrations.  However, a little fun trivia.  There is an internet image showing Penelope's car with an option for vibrator on the dashboard.  The episode was "Speeding for Smogland.''  Problem is, these days it might just have been Photoshopped in.  Can't believe anything.

penelope vibrator.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 61K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    Stezza said:

The first one I started is the Chuggabug..

Lazy Luke is a hillbilly who is half-asleep during most of the races. He drives the Arkansas Chuggabug while seated on a rocking chair and with his feet perched on the steering wheel. A large but nervous bear named Blubber is his sidekick; Blubber is clad in a scarf and early aviator's helmet with goggles.

The Chuggabug is constructed of wood and is powered by a coal-fired pot-bellied stove in the rear of the vehicle.

Awesome work as always Stezza !!!!

edited February 2018
    Diomede said:

Amazing. Stezza, it is not just the quality of your modeling which is amazing, you also churn new things out at a startling pace.  Not as fast as Veronika, but everyone should have something to aspire to.

At one point, I remember starting projects for the Ant Hil Mob and for Penelope Pitstop.  It was several years ago so I would not be surprised if the WIPs did not survive various storage migrations.  However, a little fun trivia.  There is an internet image showing Penelope's car with an option for vibrator on the dashboard.  The episode was "Speeding for Smogland.''  Problem is, these days it might just have been Photoshopped in.  Can't believe anything.

The original is definately more tame than the photoshop version:-

Lipstick.png
    583 x 426 - 360K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

The Vibrator setting replaced the Lipstick setting in the "Speeding for Smogland" episode. When activated, a vibration belt came out of the dashboard to keep Miss. Pitstop slim and trim. (Vibrating belt machines use to be all the rage way-back-when.)

vibrating_belt_machine.png
    306 x 404 - 116K
    vibrator_strap.png
    640 x 441 - 285K
    de3an said:

The Vibrator setting replaced the Lipstick setting in the "Speeding for Smogland" episode. When activated, a vibration belt came out of the dashboard to keep Miss. Pitstop slim and trim. (Vibrating belt machines use to be all the rage way-back-when.)

Ah-ha, so that explains it !!!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

Very impressive, espcially for us non-modellers.  I happen to be taking a continuing ed course on Pixar's movies, and got out my copy of "The Art Of Pixar Short Films".  You can see some excerpts here in the "Look Inside" feature:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Pixar-Short-Films/dp/0811866068/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519762601&sr=8-1&keywords=the+art+of+pixar+short+films

The amount of art, story and other development that goes into Pixar animations is staggering.  "Finding Nemo" was in production for 3.5 years.  (I've read that most Hollywood movies take under a year, including post production.)  The most impressive to me are the clay modellers, who seem to be able to model a (real) clay figure as fast as artists can sketch.  To quote Butch Cassidy, "I couldn't do that.  Could you do that?  How can they do that?"  

edited February 2018

Thanks @diomede , @Steve_K  and @bunyip02

It's fun to do and a lot is made up of basic shapes.. so great for learners to tackle.

Good vibes lol

Today I tackled the Army Surplus Special.... 

The Army Surplus Special, otherwise known as the Surplus Six, made use of its tank facilities while racing, including its cannon, which could spin around to face forward or back.

Army Surplus Special Explosive Drawing.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
    Army Surplus Special Mesh.jpg
    800 x 600 - 193K
    Army Surplus Special Drawing.jpg
    800 x 600 - 125K
    Army Surplus Special Render.jpg
    800 x 600 - 159K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited March 2018

Today I tackled The Boulder Mobile, driven by The Slag Brothers (Rock Slag and Gravel Slag) - cavemen that are covered with hair!

This one is harder than it looks .. trying to push the mesh into a boulder type shape that kinda resembles the boulder mobile was tricky... dunno if it does look like it or not...

Boulder Mobile Explosive Drawing.jpg
    640 x 480 - 74K
    Boulder Mobile mesh.jpg
    640 x 480 - 147K
    Boulder Mobile Drawing.jpg
    640 x 480 - 76K
    Boulder Mobile Render.jpg
    640 x 480 - 136K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited May 2021

Checked out Ron's NEW! spray paint brushes on the Boulder Mobile... using PSE2018 no probs apart from the usual brush size restriction of 2500px

Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

wonderfully terrifically amazing!! :)

edited May 2021

Thanks Headwax

My next attempt is the Creepy Coupe

as with all these models I just start off with a simple cube shape and go from there

may2021.jpg
    465 x 90 - 61K
    Post edited by Stezza on

it's all very inspiring!! The Master of Extrusion :)

Sorry I havent been round much,

I've still got that show on, and I've been organising my wife's business

plus all her online stuff

and just found out I have 'lost' my job at the place where I have worked since 1983....

so running round trying to get employed

luckily one door shuts and another opens

Ha, happiness is fleeting ;)

edited December 2020

Bugger..... another chapter to start yes

I think I've finished the Creepy Coupe this was challenging to model with some of the details .... like the bats and dragon tail!

The Creepy Coupe driven by The Gruesome Twosome - monsters driving a car with a belfry; the belfry housed a dragon and various ghosts and ghouls. The Creepy Coupe was able to fly short distances through use of the dragon's wings.

Creepy Coupe Exploded.jpg
    800 x 600 - 145K
    Creepy Coupe Mesh.jpg
    800 x 600 - 168K
    Creepy Coupe Drawing.jpg
    800 x 600 - 123K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited March 2018

ooops... missed the radiator cap and the axles lol

a PR render... 

Post edited by Stezza on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Are we going to see some races?  These models are amazing.  And I can't get over how fast you are turning them out.  yesyes

Looking great Stezza. Watching you churn these out is making me take an interest in Silo/Hexagon/Carrara modelling again !!!!

edited December 2020

@diomede who knows what will happen but as I don't do animation it won't be from me lol

@Bunyip02 hope to see some Wacky vehicles from you maybe... 

I'm currently working on the next one which is a bit tricky.. took a few restarts to get it going to my liking.. it was looking really wacky!

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 2020

I think this one is done... but never know, probably missed something lol

The Convert-a-Car, driven by Professor Pat Pending - a mad scientist in a car that could change into just about anything that moves.

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited March 2018
    Stezza said:

@diomede who knows what will happen but as I don't do animation it won't be from me lol

@Bunyip02 hope to see some Wacky vehicles from you maybe... 

I'm currently working on the next one which is a bit tricky.. took a few restarts to get it going to my liking.. it was looking really wacky!

Hmmmm, or should I say Vrrrmmm

I think I found my Wacky vehicles project:-

7242_Tyre_Fryer_R.jpg
    414 x 304 - 87K
    Stezza said:

I think this one is done... but never know, probably missed something lol

The Convert-a-Car, driven by Professor Pat Pending - a mad scientist in a car that could change into just about anything that moves.

Looking great !!!!

thumbs up you two :)yes

sideracked from the vehicles modeling lol

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

kewl stuff!

remember speed buggy

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    head wax said:

it's all very inspiring!! The Master of Extrusion :)

Women are always claim that I'm a master in extrusion, and a angel in intrusion but you're the best Stezza!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

brilliant work stezza :)

one of my favourite cartoons,  .

I don't remember Speed buggy ,.  It looks very scooby !

Mistara said:

kewl stuff!

remember speed buggy

kinda remember it.. it was one of the less popular I think... The Archies were the most popular along with Scooby Doo

but I hope you give it a go Misty .. modeling that wacky machine yes

@dudu and @3dage

thanks for the compliments... though it's not that great but appreciate your comments... and good practice to work on them..

@bunyip02 hope to see your wacky vehicle as well... looks like a great challenge to model that one smiley

edited December 2020

next model I've done and probably the easiest so far.. though tricky 'The Turbo Terrific'

The Turbo Terrific, driven by Peter Perfect - an All-American Jock (he had a crush on Penelope, so often stopped to help) driving a drag racer that regularly fell to bits.

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited March 2018

Started modelling (project for this week) in Silo, been a while so had to go back over the tutorials again.

Silo Tyre Fryer.png
    3840 x 1080 - 746K
    edited March 2018

Progress on the body.

Silo Tyre Fryer 2.png
    1458 x 899 - 105K
This discussion has been closed.