Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
edited May 2021 in Art Studio

Okay- so part 2!  Never thought when I opened the first, I'd get to a second thread. lol

I'm going to put a few things here for everyone to reference.

The List of Things to Do:

Additions to the Djinn 

O'Bradys- 2nd Generation (including Antonio & Dmitri, Isabella and Markos)
O'Bradys- 3rd Generation
Yolo/McLean Group
Rosenburg/ Niccacio Group
Darius/Dubrinskys
Dark Angels
Jer's Family
Patterson Family
Driad Group
Mark (Xan)
Piper/Michael/Booger/Celine and her man (forgot his name, hah!)/ BRUTUS!!
The Mass Group
Carrion Group

The Lighting Tutorial .pdf I made starring Parker: 

The Freebie Surprise (The Hoops for G3) I provided in the old thread.

The Impaled .pdf I provided a while back for a Halloween themed giveaway.

Gage's Binkie I made for the G8M Baby.  I didn't set it up for Caryn, but it should work either way with some minor adjustments.

*New: The KittieGlobe, for all of your nightlight needs.

I will add to the list as more comes.  There will be more. ;)

For my testers: The Updated Seam Testing Scene with a few HDRIs that I did not make, and will not sell, but are listed as free distribution.  (Edit: Fixed, delete previoius files prior to installing the old files to fix the issue.)

Edited to add my list of fabulous testers again-Thank you!
novica 
llynara 
ferretmania 
ice dragon art 
stormlyght
divamakeup 
Chanteur-de-Vent 
deathbycanon 
vwrangler 
evilded777 
taemimun now cherubuit 
DaywalkerDesigns 
Carola O 
Wonderland 
Ichiban
L'Adair
Daventaki
Inner Circle
Saphirewild

Let me know if anyone needs removed, or if anyone else wishes to be added. :)
Edit to update list, and to spell check.  Bekus eye kin schpel. Srsly.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Comments

• Better make sure to add that link you mentioned in the old thread. And I need to spend some time ah, well, rendering Christian later on.
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Thanks, CC. XD

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2018

Ok, that room is just yucky. Star Wars is much better! cheeky

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Real AIP Waffles (without expensive casava or plantain flours)

Servings 8 mini waffles

Ingredients

• 3 ripe bananas mashed
    • 1 c . full fat canned coconut milk
    • 2 Tbs . honey or maple syrup
    • 2 Tbs . MCT oil or melted coconut oil
    • 1/2 c . coconut flour
    • 1/2 c . tapioca starch
    • 3/4 tsp . baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp . cream of tartar
    • 1/4 tsp . sea salt

Instructions

1. Plug in the waffle iron and heat so that it is ready when you are done mixing the batter.

2. In a large bowl mix the bananas, coconut milk, honey, and MCT oil.

3. In a separate small bowl thoroughly mix the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, cream of tartar, and sea salt until homogeneous and no lumps remain.

4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and moistened.

5. Spoon batter 1/4 c. each into the waffle iron and cook until very golden brown. I didn't need to spray my waffle iron and cooked the waffle even after the timer went off for doneness.

Found one!! Time to order wheee!!

Oh, boy.

And look- we hit 101 pages. XD

When this locks up, the link to the next thread is on the previous page!  Already have a couple of posts there. XD

I think those would make awesome Star Wars waffles, Ollie!

• Llynara said:

LMAO!!!! Just say yes, Darwin! you can't go wrong with Star Wars decor!

@Ollie - Scrivener is an awesome writing program. It takes a little time to get the knack of it, but it's worth it. So many great ways to use it. If you catch it on sale, it's around $30 and you own it forever. I think regular price is $40. Totally worth it! I've written my last two books on it, I have at least ten more in various stages in it. You can sync it to Dropbox to so you can work on it from multiple computers or devices. There's a Windows, Mac and IOS version. If you grab it, feel free to ask me for help. I actually applied to be part of their tech support team recently. I love IT and writing, so it's a match made in heaven! 

I'mma DL the free trial onto the new craptop this weekend and take it for a spin.  Just remember you offered to be harrassed Llynara! Thanks devil

Llynara said:

@Ollie - Scrivener is an awesome writing program. It takes a little time to get the knack of it, but it's worth it. So many great ways to use it. If you catch it on sale, it's around $30 and you own it forever. I think regular price is $40. Totally worth it! I've written my last two books on it, I have at least ten more in various stages in it. You can sync it to Dropbox to so you can work on it from multiple computers or devices. There's a Windows, Mac and IOS version. If you grab it, feel free to ask me for help. I actually applied to be part of their tech support team recently. I love IT and writing, so it's a match made in heaven! 

I'mma DL the free trial onto the new craptop this weekend and take it for a spin.  Just remember you offered to be harrassed Llynara! Thanks devil

LOL! I'm used to it! I've been everyone's tech support forever. They seem to adopt me!

edited March 2018

lol- good deal, I think getting the writing started will be excellent!  We'll need book covers soon- Llynara is excellent at that, too. ;) Of course, I can and will be happy to offer as well, babe.

We should probably move this over to the Pt Deux thread so the mods can lock this bad boy.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • 'Meeeeeeeeeeeeere, but I'll behave now devil

XD!  Buy why?  No one else does.  You all know who I mean. ;)

• https://daywalker-designs.deviantart.com/art/Prologue-716102134

For Darwin and Oliver (and anyone else interested, of course) to read; I wrote parts of that during last year's NaNoWriMo. And Darwin, that's a lead in to what I meant about Carrie (the girl in the render).

lol- good deal, I think getting the writing started will be excellent!  We'll need book covers soon- Llynara is excellent at that, too. ;) Of course, I can and will be happy to offer as well, babe.

We should probably move this over to the Pt Deux thread so the mods can lock this bad boy.

Darwin, it would be really fun to work on one with you! Just say the word!  

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

Well... before this thread gets closed, I thought I'd take a moment to… "Harrass Ollie" per Darwin's instructions.

Okay, "harrass" might be too strong a term. However, @oliverstwist, I've heard so many bits and pieces about this family, I really want to read the book(s)! I'm 64 now. Any possiblity they will be published in my lifetime?
    wink

(Then again, maybe harrass is the right terminology… LOL)

Hi L'Adair!

Thanks for all of the interest in the story lines we've been writing for ...hell...14 or 15 years now.   I didn't plan on an O'Brady wrting project but it could be I'm inspired.  November 1 begins the Nano National Novel Writing shindig https://nanowrimo.org/about ; Could be that November will be the beginning of a grand adventure.  Stay tuned devil

I did that one year. Reached the goal, too. But life interfered with the rewrites. Trust me, I got lotsa excuses too. Though none as good as losing my work with a computer implosion!

Feckin' quote thingamabober thingie!!!  Thank you both for the offers!  I'll take you up on them.  I edit for self-published authors but waaaay overthink my own work,  I was planning on starting on Jeremy's story line as that brings all these people we created together. I lost 10 chapters when this crapptop crapped out.  Dar was tired of my excuses and got me a new one just for my writing.  Looks like i need to crack that bad boy open cheeky Best program to start working in?  I losy my key code for Word so I'll need a new one anyway.

Thanks again for the interest and offers -O  devil

I'm real partial to Scrivener myself. YMMV...

edited March 2018

And from the previous thread:

Star Wars Cookie Jar

Cookie Jaaaaaaaaaaar! Yus!  And Waffle maker (we can do up the kitchn too) And Chewwie just cuz' devil

C

Shouldn't that have Jar Jar Binks on it?

Llynara said:

@Ollie - Scrivener is an awesome writing program. It takes a little time to get the knack of it, but it's worth it. So many great ways to use it. If you catch it on sale, it's around $30 and you own it forever. I think regular price is $40. Totally worth it! I've written my last two books on it, I have at least ten more in various stages in it. You can sync it to Dropbox to so you can work on it from multiple computers or devices. There's a Windows, Mac and IOS version.

+1

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited March 2018

Edited. (This was a link to this thread, on the last thread, but merged when Chohole closed the original)

"So how about those Yankees?"
    wink

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Man oh man you have got to go with the star wars decor Darwin!!!

The ones you want look like a bloody murder scene giggles!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

+2 

Man oh man you have got to go with the star wars decor Darwin!!!

The ones you want look like a bloody murder scene giggles!!!

That would be "bloody" as in lots of blood, right? Not the British curse? Or did you mean you both?
    laugh

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

Ohh new thread *happy smile* you may not have expected it DW but I think it's well deserved!

Have to ask, I wouldn't be surprised if it's me doing something wrong with the installing (using 7sip since I can't afford winzip right now) but I opened the zip files into the folder of my choice, moved the two unpacked folders (scenes and texture) to the My Daz Library. I'm attaching the error messages I got when opening the basic scene, though I should add that it does change the settings in Render Settings so I think it would still work, just not sure if it is something missing so better to ask :)

The second is the HDR's attaching two screens for that too, I can't see them in the folder in Studio, but if I browse the picture for enviroment map, I can find them. Unsure if that is as intended or not, so felt better to ask about that too :)

error1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 297K
    error2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 282K
    emptyfolder.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 261K
    browsing.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 393K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Okay- so part 2!  Never thought when I opened the first, I'd get to a second thread. lol

Additions to the Djinn 

Additions? You mean that Ahmad is going to have friends? Tell us more (he said, hopefully winsomely).

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Congrats on part two :D

@Olivertwist NaNoWriMo ist a great motivation, to tag along with the other writers. I'm not much of a writer but I used the drive to get the story for my comic together last year, I didn't submit anything but at the end of November I was done with what I had to write.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2018

Have merged comments split from page 101 of: Darwins' Schtuff.

Post edited by Chohole on
    https://daywalker-designs.deviantart.com/art/Prologue-716102134

For Darwin and Oliver (and anyone else interested, of course) to read; I wrote parts of that during last year's NaNoWriMo. And Darwin, that's a lead in to what I meant about Carrie (the girl in the render).

Very interesting, Daywalker.  Thank you for that link-that does explain a few things. :) 

Llynara said:

We should probably move this over to the Pt Deux thread so the mods can lock this bad boy.

Darwin, it would be really fun to work on one with you! Just say the word!  

Will do-but be careful what you offer!  LOL Thank you!

L'Adair said:

And from the previous thread:

Cookie Jaaaaaaaaaaar! Yus!  And Waffle maker (we can do up the kitchn too) And Chewwie just cuz' devil

C

Shouldn't that have Jar Jar Binks on it?

Llynara said:

@Ollie - Scrivener is an awesome writing program. It takes a little time to get the knack of it, but it's worth it. So many great ways to use it. If you catch it on sale, it's around $30 and you own it forever. I think regular price is $40. Totally worth it! I've written my last two books on it, I have at least ten more in various stages in it. You can sync it to Dropbox to so you can work on it from multiple computers or devices. There's a Windows, Mac and IOS version.

+1

HA.  Yanks - ppffft.  Not with Star Wars. XD

vwrangler said:

Additions to the Djinn 

Additions? You mean that Ahmad is going to have friends? Tell us more (he said, hopefully winsomely).

Wait and see....;)  Hee.

Chohole said:

Have merged comments split from page 101 of: Darwins' Schtuff.

Thank you very much for closing the old thread!