Things I'm Playing with ........

carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Okay so I decided, I needed to have somewhere to put my pictures ,and this is it .........

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Actually I am have a barrel of fun with the Toon Skin Shaders ......

Toony_Fairy_re.png
    1999 x 1998 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Then of course there are always more

Toony_Fairy#3.png
    975 x 911 - 434K
    Toony_Fairy#2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

like them - just don't like the background color ( but thats me )

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oooh Fairies. I love fairies. :coolsmile:

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Really really cute little ones, well done :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Adorable!
    I love the eyes- soulful.

edited July 2013

Oh my gosh!! I wasn't actually expecting comments but thank you very much !!
    bigh I think the problem with the background is .....there isn't one ,I rendered them as .png's so I could stick them in different places .......
    I'm glad the girl's are liked though .

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

And then there are the boys they are a bit harder to catch .......

Not_Just_girls.png
    1975 x 1845 - 1M
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2013

bigh said:
    like them - just don't like the background color ( but thats me )

If you click to expand the image, you'll see the background color magically change to white. ;-) Though I agree it would be nice if they had a more appropriate setting to play in. Very cute and unique-looking fairies, though! :) "Toony fairy #3" is my favorite so far. Happy to see a boy fairy in the mix too.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much Scott ,I tend to frequently just do little png portraits ,and then later find a background or create a scene to fit them in. I'm still in the learning stage ,so sometimes it's messing with lights, or surface settings ,.........ya know the regular stuff ......

YT_Fairy.png
    1160 x 948 - 708K
    edited December 1969

This is a bit older fae I did

A4_Fairy_in_the_Woods_3a.jpg
    1000 x 922 - 193K
    edited December 1969

Just a bit of play non fae

Asian_Princess.png
    1408 x 911 - 2M
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Just a bit of play non fae

delightful - I would like to see her looking down at the cat with a bend in the her back
    that's what I do when I talking to mine .

edited December 1969

Thank you bigh ,glad you like it ,I think at that moment she was more intent on keeping the bird in her hand out of the reach of the cat at her feet .........flying cat toy ........

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Thank you bigh ,glad you like it ,I think at that moment she was more intent on keeping the bird in her hand out of the reach of the cat at her feet .........flying cat toy ........

OK didn't get that - maybe bird should have been closer to the hand .

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    This is a bit older fae I did

I'm not much into fairies, but I do like this one's chubbiness and the fact that she has dragonfly wings. Very creative!

edited December 1969

Bigh if you click on the picture and bring it up in the new window click on it again to take it to full size it's easier to see ,she has a bird in her hand and a bird flying just above her shoulder .....maybe I should have used brighter colors on the birds to make them stand out more .....

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Bigh if you click on the picture and bring it up in the new window click on it again to take it to full size it's easier to see ,she has a bird in her hand and a bird flying just above her shoulder .....maybe I should have used brighter colors on the birds to make them stand out more .....

now I see it - you have to forgive a old man - eyes not so good any more .

edited December 1969

Thank you mori_man ,I actually have just started with the petite little fairies,most of the ones I do are little chunky darlings.I actually got started in DS because I was looking for something to help me create models to work from, for the sculpting I do in polymer clay and I make little fat , nekked fairies ,leprechauns in tea cups .....dragon incense burners ...etc. etc. ,when I have time
    Here's another older girl (V4)

My_fairy_Gilly.jpg
    1898 x 1067 - 421K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    carrie58 said:

now I see it - you have to forgive a old man - eyes not so good any more .

Ha!! tell me about it !! I wear 2 pairs of glasses at the computer cause my bifocals aren't bifocally enough to see the screen ....and somedays .....it ain't enough!! no forgiveness needed !!

• edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Thank you mori_man ,I actually have just started with the petite little fairies,most of the ones I do are little chunky darlings.I actually got started in DS because I was looking for something to help me create models to work from, for the sculpting I do in polymer clay and I make little fat , nekked fairies ,leprechauns in tea cups .....dragon incense burners ...etc. etc. ,when I have time
    Here's another older girl (V4)

That's really creative! I like it!
    I've never seen grey-haired fairy with a belly. But they must be aging as well, mustn't they?

edited December 1969

That's really creative! I like it!
    I've never seen grey-haired fairy with a belly. But they must be aging as well, mustn't they?

Well thank you alex, she is actually green haired ,but I agree they age just alot slower then we do unless they get hit with a big dose of UNBELIEF ,.........and then they croak .......poor things ......so we must believe in fairies!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

vinyl-fairies2.jpg
    435 x 290 - 15K
  • edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Well thank you alex, she is actually green haired ,but I agree they age just alot slower then we do unless they get hit with a big dose of UNBELIEF ,.........and then they croak .......poor things ......so we must believe in fairies!!

Of course, in my imagination her hair is soo grey that it is green :)
    Where could I find your other artworks?

edited August 2013

Well I'm slowly posting most of my stuff here in this thread ,other then my computer that's as far as I've gone ,except for a couple I did in some contests ... I'll be sticking those here too .
    I know that so grey it's green look, been there, done that ,colored it to hide the grey ,then gave up on coloring it ,decided to embrace my pigmently challenged hair just the way it is .......I still think it looks greyer on the floor then it does on my head ........

Sunflower_fairy.png
    1038 x 911 - 1M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

So much to learn so little time ......I did this for the Forum Moderators contest .......

Forum_Mods_complete2adj.jpg
    1904 x 932 - 480K
  • Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    So much to learn so little time ......I did this for the Forum Moderators contest .......

Funny image :)
    edited December 1969

Thank you Andrey

edited December 1969

Okay this one I did for 3djoji's contest

Priory_with_plants_1andanimals.png
    1735 x 933 - 2M
  • LomrikLomrik Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

I really like this, must have taken ages to set up.