I created a hole so you don't have to!

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
edited August 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

Hexagon is quite an intuitive tool, but comes with some limitations (as all software does).
Since I'm working on a set that needed holes, I decided to save the hole seperate so I don't have to go through the process everytime I need a gap in my models.
I've seen people asking about the process of making holes in Hexagon, so I decided to share mine.
You can use it anyway you like, enjoy!

https://sharecg.com/v/92060/view/5/3D-Model/Hexagon-gap

Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

tnx for that - a lot of us lurk in here, but appreciate this sort of thing, even you never see a response.

cheers,

--ms

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    mindsong said:

tnx for that - a lot of us lurk in here, but appreciate this sort of thing, even you never see a response.

cheers,

--ms

Thanks for your response! I see it's been downloaded a few times aeady, so you're right about that. :)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

As one of those "stealth downloaders" ... I happen to love little bits like this, I have a small library of OBJ files that are basic organic objects. These sorts of little bits can be real time savers on a project!

• polmearpolmear Posts: 33
    edited September 2018

I have the same solution, but I also keep a library of half-depth holes  (that don't go all the way through) and other basic shapes. It's useful for creating models for rendering. When building models for 3D printing I just Boolean the hell out of everything. The slicer doesn't care about pretty polys.

Post edited by polmear on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

You're giving away a hole? I never thought I'd be exited about something that's not there. But anyway thanks for nothing! cheeky

Actually it could be a huge timesaver. Thanks for real.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Just kidding.
    Couldn't help myself.... cheeky

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Kitsumo said:

You're giving away a hole? I never thought I'd be exited about something that's not there. But anyway thanks for nothing! cheeky

Actually it could be a huge timesaver. Thanks for real.

lol :)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681

lol I was checking out my older posts and find this XD Glad it's helpful!

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,198
    JonnyRay said:

...I have a small library of OBJ files that are basic organic objects.

Absolutely!  I don't exactly understand how to use this premade hole though. I think I'm at Boolean cuts where I used to be with Sweeping a line or Bend-ing an object across a range of loops say... before I sort of "got it" straight in my head I'd be sitting there clicking and clicking and getting more and more frustrated with each passing minute.

• I'm the same as JonnyRay, I have lots little "starters" I have stored (like profiles for making picture frames). I also have lots of Gen 8 Male/Female in various poses so I can import it if I'm making a piece of furniture or for scaling a prop. And there'a also some starter clothing stored around here somewhere.