Installing Hexagon through DIM

How do you install Hexagon and the beta and get them to go where you want them. I have a path listed under Applicaitons in DIM that points to where I want them to go...on my D drive. But when I install them, they keep going to my C drive and it creates new paths under the Application tab where it decided to put them. So I end up with 4 paths for Hexagon on the Application tab,.Or should the paths be listed under the installation tab? Right now the only paths on that tab have to do with DIM itself.

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    KevinH said:

How do you install Hexagon and the beta and get them to go where you want them. I have a path listed under Applicaitons in DIM that points to where I want them to go...on my D drive. But when I install them, they keep going to my C drive and it creates new paths under the Application tab where it decided to put them. So I end up with 4 paths for Hexagon on the Application tab,.Or should the paths be listed under the installation tab? Right now the only paths on that tab have to do with DIM itself.

Software installs to the 32-bit and 64-bit directories listed in your installation tab - and then updates the path in the application tab. So change the default 32 bit and 64 bit installation directories to point to your D drive - and make sure they are different directories. I use D:/bits-32 and D:/bits-64. Note that these will become your Studio install directories as well if you delete and reinstall studio.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I do the same, but use "D:\Program Files" for 64-bit and "D:\Program Files (x86)" for 32-bit. I'm lazy and that means I only have to change the letter at the beginning to redirect the installation paths. :)

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited November 2018

Just thought I'd nudge in here with a little tip, when DAZ does an update for DAZ Studio or Hexagon you may have to change your preferences in each app for the Hex-DS bridge to work properly. I've done a screen grab of my preferences.

Like Jonny says, the locatons change if you are using 32 or 64 bit machnes.

Edit - Took me ages to load this picture properly - Getting old LOL

Bridges-3.jpg
    1510 x 504 - 252K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on