Installing Hexagon Beta

I have a Windows 10 Home 64 bit machine.  Someone told me I need to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the beta.  Is this true?  I would assume I should only need the 64 bit but both versions and the Hexagon 2.5 content are listed in my 64 bit DIM.  Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 2018

Have you looked at the first post of the beta thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/256961/hexagon-beta-version-2-5-2-137-updated/p1 ? As far as I can see you can install just the 64 bit version

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks Richard.  I had read the threads before posting but wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

Is there any way to get the Beta with a manual install? Or the most recent public release version with a manual install?

It is in my product library, but the version listed is the one that came with the 'Figures, Characters, and Avatars' book, even though the date of the order I bought it in is from February 2012. And I know that one is only 32-bit.

• Jodel, not sure if this will work, but at the top of the DAZ webpage you have DAZ3D, Shop, Technology etc.

Click on Technology, then the "Get Started For Free" Button, when the next page opens scroll down and you'll find the Manual install for Hexagon.

I also have the book version you mention along with a few other ones I've picked up along the way (prizes DAZ used to give in their comps)..

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    JOdel said:

Is there any way to get the Beta with a manual install? Or the most recent public release version with a manual install?

It is in my product library, but the version listed is the one that came with the 'Figures, Characters, and Avatars' book, even though the date of the order I bought it in is from February 2012. And I know that one is only 32-bit.

AFAIK the 64-bit Mac version hasn't come out yet. For that matter, the indications up front was to have this out of beta before the end of the first quarter this year. From this I have to assume the dev team has hit some issue that's holding up the Mac version and thus the final version.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    namffuak said:

AFAIK the 64-bit Mac version hasn't come out yet. For that matter, the indications up front was to have this out of beta before the end of the first quarter this year. From this I have to assume the dev team has hit some issue that's holding up the Mac version and thus the final version.

Additionally, the current Mac OS version (Mojave) is said to be the last version of Mac OS that will support 32 bit applications. So, If Daz fails to release a Mac 64 bit version, we Mac users will have to abandon Hexagon.