[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

RiverSoft Art and Sickleyield are proud to present the RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 (V4) to Genesis 8 Female! Finally, use your Victoria 4 clothing with your Genesis 8 Female characters!  Convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes and many accessories using the new Clothing Converter from V4 to Genesis 8 Female!  The Clothing Converter scripts provide batch execution for converting your Victoria 4 clothing to Genesis 8 Female clothing in your library! The RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female has been carefully crafted to handle the different rigging and shapes between Victoria 4 and Genesis 8 Female, even adding special rigs for loincloths, capes and a special dress/tunic rig that adds pose bones to avoid that "sticking to the legs" effect.

The Clothing Converter script provides batch execution for converting your Victoria 4 clothing to Genesis 8 Female clothing in your Library. Easily select the wardrobe items in your Library, select an output directory and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your Victoria 4 clothing to the new Genesis 8 Female clothing items.  IMPORTANT: Due to a limitation in the Daz Studio scripting interface, this script requires a manual step when converting each clothing item.  A dialogue will pop up during conversion and it's as easy as two button clicks!

Your new Genesis 8 Female wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Victoria 4 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 Female item. Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results, especially with high-heels!

The Clothing Converter script does not work with props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) and wearables (e.g., outfits). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.  It may also not work as well with high-heeled shoes because of problems with positioning the feet without turning on the Use Foot Dialog option during conversion.

• Convert Victoria 4 Clothing items for use by Genesis 8 Female
  • Convert Dresses/Tunics, Pants, Shirts, Skirts, Shoes, Loincloths, Capes, Coats etc.
  • Copies icons from Victoria 4 clothing to Genesis 8 Female clothing for a professional look.
  • Automatically convert your entire wardrobe with one operation!

Features

• RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female:
    • Clothing Converter Script (.DSE)
    • Foot Poser Script (.DSE)
    • Clothing Converter Manual (.PDF, .DSA)

Promotional video describing all the options and features of the Clothing Converter line of products

How to convert Footwear with Clothing Converter products

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Woohoo!!! Thank you, I have been eagerly awaiting this one

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850

I have tried to convert this V4 dress (https://www.daz3d.com/wonderland-queen-of-hearts-v4) to Genesis years ago via the Autofit Tool and the result was scary. I really wish to convert this dress without problems to Genesis 8.

• jedijudd said:

Woohoo!!! Thank you, I have been eagerly awaiting this one

You're welcome!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited January 2019
    RCTSpanky said:

I have tried to convert this V4 dress (https://www.daz3d.com/wonderland-queen-of-hearts-v4) to Genesis years ago via the Autofit Tool and the result was scary. I really wish to convert this dress without problems to Genesis 8.

Well, it converts but there are some problems.  The edges of the cowl or whatever on the jacket are tied to the neck/head and if you move them too far, it distorts.  Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Wonderland Queen of Hearts.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Yay! The wait is over. How mangled does the mesh for Shadowcaster's buckle straps and buckles get when converted? I couldn't see on the enlarged promo.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Shazam!  I don't even want to think how long it's going to take to convert just my V4 outfits... which begets the question does it work on A4 and S4 as well?

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606

OMG!

I have SO MUCH V4 clothing.
    This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Probably dumb question: Do we have to have this product https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8 to make your product work, or does your product do what this older one does already?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Probably dumb question: Do we have to have this product https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8 to make your product work, or does your product do what this older one does already?

I hope the results are not the same either since that product was geared for special fits such as tunics and dresses and mangled normal fitting clothing. Otherwise this looks like a great addon and I am really looking forward to it.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    edited January 2019

I have the previous conversion products and the SY clothing clones were NOT needed.

Soooo. I would guess that the answer is No, you won't need that product.  You will be able to convert the clothes and then apply them directly to G8 without any additional products.

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • Probably dumb question: Do we have to have this product https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8 to make your product work, or does your product do what this older one does already?

I hope the results are not the same either since that product was geared for special fits such as tunics and dresses and mangled normal fitting clothing. Otherwise this looks like a great addon and I am really looking forward to it.

No, you do not need any other product.

• Lyoness said:

OMG!

I have SO MUCH V4 clothing.
    This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

laugh

• Cybersox said:

Shazam!  I don't even want to think how long it's going to take to convert just my V4 outfits... which begets the question does it work on A4 and S4 as well?

Yes, it should.

• xyer0 said:

Yay! The wait is over. How mangled does the mesh for Shadowcaster's buckle straps and buckles get when converted? I couldn't see on the enlarged promo.

Looks good to me.  Here is a closeup.

Shadowcaster Closeup.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Awesome!  I love so many of the old V4 clothes, it will be wonderful to use them on G8F!

• Probably dumb question: Do we have to have this product https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8 to make your product work, or does your product do what this older one does already?

Awesome!  I love so many of the old V4 clothes, it will be wonderful to use them on G8F!

There are some beautiful V4 clothes.  And some that no other generation has so I was happy to make this too! smiley

• O.M.G. It's happening!!!! YAY!

• O.M.G. It's happening!!!! YAY!

laugh

• This will be completely awesome (just like everything else you've been putting out, of course)! 

Now, if some wizard could manage to script something that automatically turns V4 Poser dynamic outfits into dForce outfits adjusted to G8 (or G3), I think I would have everything I want...

• This will be completely awesome (just like everything else you've been putting out, of course)! 

Now, if some wizard could manage to script something that automatically turns V4 Poser dynamic outfits into dForce outfits adjusted to G8 (or G3), I think I would have everything I want...

Well that won't be me... you need a miracle worker! smiley

• Finally! The world's prayers have been answered smiley

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Thank you (and Sickleyield) so much for your hard work. This is going to keep me busy for a long time.

• Finally! The world's prayers have been answered smiley

smiley 

• xyer0 said:

Thank you (and Sickleyield) so much for your hard work. This is going to keep me busy for a long time.

You're welcome!  I wish it was completely automatic, but it was not to be. sad  We almost scrapped this one until I figured out a way to get us mostly the way there.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    RCTSpanky said:

Well, it converts but there are some problems.  The edges of the cowl or whatever on the jacket are tied to the neck/head and if you move them too far, it distorts.  Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Pretty good is an understatement. It looks a hundred times better as with Autofit. Defintively in my cart. 

• RCTSpanky said:
    RCTSpanky said:

Pretty good is an understatement. It looks a hundred times better as with Autofit. Defintively in my cart. 

Well, I hate to over promise! smiley  I would much rather under promise and over deliver.  laugh

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

• Esemwy said:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

8 * You're Welcome! smiley

• I think the majority of my V4 outfits are in my DAZ's Poser library. Will this script work with DAZ's Poser library outfits?

• I think the majority of my V4 outfits are in my DAZ's Poser library. Will this script work with DAZ's Poser library outfits?

Yes.